[NEW request]Question/Request

Started by Satoh, October 15, 2008, 01:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoh

October 15, 2008, 01:40:42 pm Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:32:02 pm by Satoh
NEW
Quote from: Satoh on October 16, 2008, 11:16:27 am
NEW INFO:
OK, is there a way to change the EXP rewarded to a specific number based on the level of each party member in comparison to the level of the enemy...? (using a field in the Enemy DB to define the level, like the EXP field for instance.)

and is there a way to raise the level cap to something higher than 99? (Lvl150, Lvl9999, etc...?)

AND finally, stop the characters' "To next level"  EXP from increasing with each level, (such as always needing exactly 2000 exp to level up no matter what level)

EXAMPLE:

Markus is lvl 10
Jesse is lvl 12

Enemy is lvl 12

After the battle Jesse gains 500 exp because she is equal lvl with the enemy.
Markus gains 750 exp because he is a lower level than the enemy.

RESOLVED

I'd like to know where the initial setup for all 'window' processes is, so I can make the window_back 2 pixels smaller in every direction (the background is clipping with the rounded corners of my window-skin edges)

and I'd like to know where/ would like a script for: displaying all text with a 1 pixel black outline. (Much like the HP counter in Blizz-ABS' HUD)

Also, is there a way to use separate fonts for menu, battle menu, and generic window texts? (I want my HP/ battle text to be one font, the speaking text to be another and the pause menu text to be a third font.)

If anyone could answer my questions or better yet script them up first, It'd be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Fantasist

October 15, 2008, 03:03:29 pm #1 Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:05:55 pm by Fantasist
QuoteI'd like to know where the initial setup for all 'window' processes is, so I can make the window_back 2 pixels smaller in every direction (the background is clipping with the rounded corners of my window-skin edges)

You might have to find a complete rewrite of the Window class. I remember finding one or two in .org. But the best way is to... wait a second, if your RGSS dll is old, it might be the problem. Download or find RGSS102E.dll, rename it to RGSS100J.dll, paste it in Windows/System32 folder. If you're asked to replace the old file, choose yes.

Quoteand I'd like to know where/ would like a script for: displaying all text with a 1 pixel black outline. (Much like the HP counter in Blizz-ABS' HUD)

If you're into scripting even a little bit, all you have to do is draw the outline first and then draw the text. The pseudo-code would be something like this:

draw_outlined_text(x, y, width, height)
==Drawing Outline==
font color = black
draw_text(x-1, y-1, width, height)
draw_text(x-1, y+1, width, height)
draw_text(x+1, y-1, width, height)
draw_text(x-1, y+1, width, height)
==drawing the actual text==
font color = normal_color
draw_text(x, y, width, height)

QuoteAlso, is there a way to use separate fonts for menu, battle menu, and generic window texts? (I want my HP/ battle text to be one font, the speaking text to be another and the pause menu text to be a third font.)

Just find the window classes in the script editor (Window_MenuStatus, Window_BattleStatus, etc). Then in the refresh method (below "def refresh"), add the line:

self.contents.font.name = Arial # or name of your font

QuoteIf anyone could answer my questions or better yet script them up first, It'd be much appreciated.

No time buddy, it's been nearly 2 months since I got anywhere close to RMXP...

QuoteThank you for your time.

I don't deserve it here :'(
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Satoh

October 16, 2008, 11:16:27 am #2 Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:29:01 pm by Satoh
No really, you have my thanks, whether you feel its necessary or not.

If I have anything else to ask... I'll likely ask it.

Thanks again, that font thing worked beautifully.

NEW INFO:
OK, is there a way to change the EXP rewarded to a specific number based on the level of each party member in comparison to the level of the enemy...?

and is there a way to raise the level cap to something higher than 99? (Lvl150, Lvl9999, etc...?)

EDIT: request expanded and moved to first post.

My Resources

Satoh

October 20, 2008, 09:39:42 pm #3 Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 09:52:02 pm by Satoh
I'm taking a risk by bumping like this, however it occurred to me that because I am making a new request and EDIT functions don't update the list... I could very easily be unnoticed until my thread falls into oblivion(page 2).

Perhaps it would have been simpler to make a new topic...

Some pertinent info...

I would like the EXP script to be compatible with Blizz-ABS

My Resources