Errant Journey

Started by omegapirate2000, October 16, 2008, 10:37:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kagutsuchi

lol, I don't hate it in general, what I hate is that it takes so much time, and if you screw up you have to start all over again. That is really boring.

omegapirate2000

Indeed, it is a dick move on my part.

:D
Spoiler: ShowHide

KRoP

Screenshot 1:  There's something very uniform and boring about the map here.  There's no real way I can tell you how to fix this.  Quintessence-tbv has some excellent maps.  Maybe you could look at that to get an idea of how to improve your mapping.
Screenshot 2: Oh god the screen tint MY EYEEEEESSSS!  . . . Tone that down a bit.  Also carpets can only be either squares or rectangles, and I don't think that carpet there fits into either category.
Screenshot 4: This map also could use some work.  Again there's not much I can tell you here, but if I wasn't familiar with the RMXP tilesets I wouldn't have guessed this to be the interior of a ship.  Look at some mapping tutorials.  Post in the mapping improvement thread.  Something. idk
Screenshot 5: No one would ever build a room that big and leave it so empty.  I would seriously suggest compacting this map, as empty space is both nonsensical and an eyesore.

omegapirate2000

Thanks for the tips! Indeed, if there is an area of RMXP I am lacking, it is in the mapping department.

Also, about the tint, it's sort of meant to be a disco effect where it changes colours every couple seconds. It sort of makes sense in game. Sort of.

Kagutsuchi

Yeah, it makes sense the same way people who likes to mix strawberry jelly with cheese makes sense :P

omegapirate2000

Quote from: Kagutsuchi on January 11, 2009, 05:16:51 pm
Yeah, it makes sense the same way people who likes to mix strawberry jelly with cheese makes sense :P

Basically.

G_G

Its actually a pretty fun game

omegapirate2000

January 19, 2009, 04:13:39 pm #27 Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 04:15:27 pm by omegapirate2000
Yeah, work has been slow recently, as I've been catching up on some of my DS games I've missed out on (and playing fable 2 now that they patched it :D). I'm just starting to get into the groove again.

EDIT: Not to mention only having 1 free day in the week, thanks to my... rigorous school and work schedule.

omegapirate2000

Ok, I've released a new demo, it's most of the second chapter. I've also included a save file that starts you off at the end of chapter one.

Calintz

I like it so far...
Maybe a new text for the title screen though...

omegapirate2000

February 13, 2009, 02:53:53 am #30 Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 07:02:52 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: Calintz16438 on February 10, 2009, 10:09:04 pm
I like it so far...
Maybe a new text for the title screen though...

I tried something a bit different with the text just now, I moved the text closer together, it looks like this now:

Yay? Nay? Give me some opinions on it.

Spoiler-ay to the picture-ay. Whay! ~Love, Starrodkirby86

omegapirate2000

Second chapter is basically finished, but before I release it I'm going to work on a bunch of my maps to make them look sexier.