RM Launch XP

Started by Fantasist, October 17, 2008, 05:34:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

October 17, 2008, 05:34:26 am Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:07:48 pm by Fantasist
Some or most of you must've used the Resources Converter with Project Launcher made by Bodom-Child. Here's a screenshot:

I managed to make a similar one of my own. I present to you, the RM Launch XP, a quick launch tool for RMXP. Here's a screenshot:

The only set back with is that you need to have .NET Framework to run this tool. If you know a way I can make it truly stand-alone, please let me know.

DOWNLOAD
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

You'd need to access the registry and check out the installation path of RMXP I guess.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

I'm sorry, but... please, no Visual Studio. There's a healthy 15% of the world that doesn't get to "benefit" from that toolkit, so...

Fantasist

Yeah, everything is so different it's annoying.And there are so many versions, I don't even know what to search for in gogle :/ So can you suggest any other... engine where I can make Win apps? Cause I might as well switch now. Or I could also use C# in visual studio... Guide me almighty scripters!
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

I'm using VS 2005. And I chose to use Visual Basic when it asked me after the install. Anyway, I figured out everything I need, I'll come up with an experimental version soon. I'll take people's ideas and I'll try to implement them before releasing the first proper version.

Speaking of which, what will the client need to run an app made in VS 2005? Anything other than .NET?

Blizzard

Except for the .NET Framework nothing else is needed as far as I know.

Fantasist

October 20, 2008, 06:01:25 am #7 Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:10:16 pm by Fantasist
Cool. We'll find out today anyway :D

EDIT: Released v0.1 :D

Comments, suggestions, positive criticism and the like are welcome.
If anyone knows how to make it independent from .NET (or even packaging the required .NET stuff in the exe), please let me know.

Blizzard

Hm... I'm not sure, but I think that you can use C++ native in VC++ and then you don't need .NET. I could be wrong though, I haven't tested a VC++ native program on another machine.

Fantasist

I don't know what native C++ is ._. But aren't there tools to package the required .NET commands for the program into one unified exe?

Blizzard

"Native" is a VC++ option that should allow you to create a C++ application that doesn't need .NET to work. Of course you can't use the enhanced functionalities of .NET then. And those tools do more harm than good. Usually your application takes half of the framework with it making it kinda pointless. -_- Better the user installed .NET then.

Fantasist

QuoteBetter the user installed .NET then.

I guess so. More over .NET is becoming common these days.

And btw, the download is 42~43kb (was 13kb when I zipped it but meh).

legacyblade

I suggest the ability to set the project folder. You could store the data in an INI file, or something. I don't use the default project location, but a quick launcher like this would speed up my work flow by about 2 mins an hour!

Fantasist

Yes, why didn't I think of it? I use a different location too and I do that everytime I install RMXP, so I guess I forgot. Thanks lb, I'll add it.

...wait, do you just use a different folder or did you mess up with the registry? Because if it's the registry, this will work. This app gets the location from the registry. The location rmxp stores the project path is:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER//Software//Enterbrain//RPGXP//BaseLocation

I'll add the option to change the location in the registry. That way, any new projects are made in that location.

legacyblade

Oooh, that'd be a cool addition. I was just saying I save my projects in a different folder (on my external hard drive that's always plugged in). I think the changing of the default RMXP project directory would be AWESOME. BTW, a feature I think would be useful (at least for me), would be a button in the launcher that opens the folder containing the RMXP RTP. Not sure how useful that'd be for everyone else, but I snoop through those files a lot, so it'd save me some time. Either way, this is a nice little application that speeds up the work flow a bit. Great job, can't wait to see future versions.

Blizzard

Did I send you the entire RMXP registry adding file?

Fantasist

Quotewould be a button in the launcher that opens the folder containing the RMXP RTP.

lol, if you'd seen my very first mockup, you'll see that button :D I removed it b/c I wanted to make a properly functioning app. I wanted buttons for:
- RMXP Folder
- Projects Folder
- RTP Folder
- When you run/open a game, the folder of that project (which I implemented).
I'll try to get to it soon, but my exams start 2 days from now, so I can't guarantee a quick update.

QuoteDid I send you the entire RMXP registry adding file?

No you didn't. I'm thinking it includes projects location and RTP location.

legacyblade

Well I'll look forward to it. The open RTP folder will save me lots of time ^_^

Blizzard

Here you go:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain\RGSS]
"SmoothMode"=dword:00000001
"WaitForVsync"=dword:00000001
"ButtonAssign"=hex:0b,0c,0d,0e,0f,10,11,12,00,00,0d,0d,0c,0c,0b,0b,0c,0d,00,00,\
  0e,0f,10,11,12
"PlayMusic"=dword:00000001
"PlaySound"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Enterbrain\RPGXP]
"ViewMode"=dword:00000001
"BlindMode"=dword:00000001
"EditMode"=dword:00000003
"DrawingTool"=dword:00000004
"ScaleType"=dword:00000000
"DatabaseIndex"=dword:0000000b
"FindWhat"=""
"ReplaceWith"=""
"MatchCase"=dword:00000000
"MatchWholeWord"=dword:00000001
"BaseLocation"="D:\\RPG Maker XP\\Projects\\"
"TransparentType"=dword:00000000
"TransparentColor"=dword:00f0e0d0
"ImportColor1"=dword:00000000
"ImportColor2"=dword:00000000
"GridEnabled"=dword:00000000
"GridHorizonal"=dword:00000008
"GridVertical"=dword:00000008
"WindowPos"="2,3,-1,-1,-1,-1,2,0,1024,731"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Enterbrain]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Enterbrain\RGSS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Enterbrain\RGSS\RTP]
"Standard"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Enterbrain\\RGSS\\Standard\\"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RTP.RTP.1]
@="RTP Class"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RTP.RTP.1\CLSID]
@="{06CE0C3A-8917-11D1-AA78-00C04FC9B202}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RTP.RTP]
@="RTP Class"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RTP.RTP\CurVer]
@="RTP.RTP.1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Data]
@="RPGXP Data"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Data\DefaultIcon]
@="D:\\RPG Maker XP\\RPGXP.exe,2"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Data\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Data\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Data\shell\open\command]
@="D:\\RPG Maker XP\\RPGXP.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Project]
@="RPGXP Project"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Project\DefaultIcon]
@="D:\\RPG Maker XP\\RPGXP.exe,1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Project\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Project\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\RPGXP.Project\shell\open\command]
@="D:\\RPG Maker XP\\RPGXP.exe \"%1\""

Put it in a .reg file and run it.

Fantasist

Wow, now THAT was more complete. Thanks :D