FF8 Element & Status Icons

Started by Mightylink, October 18, 2008, 07:10:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mightylink

These are element and status effect icons ripped from Final Fantasy 8. The default icons are very limited in RPG Maker so I ripped these to give more variety to spells and even status icons if you are using any scripts for that. Ever since rpg palace went down, I've been unable to find those intensely massive icon packs anywhere so I started ripping my own.

Enjoy :)

Elements
- Earth
- Fire
- Holy
- Ice
- Poison
- Thunder
- Water
- Wind

Status Effects
- Berserk
- Confuse
- Curse
- Darkness
- Death
- Drain
- Petrify
- Poison
- Silence
- Sleep
- Slow
- Stop
- Zombie

Starrodkirby86

If someone were to color these (I can always color them in my spare time), they can be very divine...I can definitely consider these when it comes to using them in certain projects. What's best is that they're the right dimensions. :D

They're great, thanks for ripping. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Galatea

I'll use this! Credits to ff8 and mightylink for the ripping.  :D

Mightylink

October 20, 2008, 10:42:07 am #3 Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:49:58 am by Mightylink
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 20, 2008, 12:47:28 am
If someone were to color these (I can always color them in my spare time), they can be very divine...I can definitely consider these when it comes to using them in certain projects. What's best is that they're the right dimensions. :D

They're great, thanks for ripping. :)

I wanted to keep them original. For my game im going to color the status effects and remove the box behind the icons. But im using the elemental icons from vx :P much better.

Ya I wanted them in perfect working order, I wouldnt post anything im not using myself and I need them 24x24 and with transperency so you can just copy them into your game folder without having to import them one by one.

I'm working on a vx pack now, there was a few rar files on other sites but dam all those links are broken <_< Its like rpg maker resources are getting worse over the last year, I remember icon packs with over 7000 icons in them, now they are all missing. Land of Shadow seemed to have taken over the net making his resource pack famous but its no where near as good as the other packs I used to see.

Mightylink

October 26, 2008, 06:36:36 pm #5 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:39:10 pm by Mightylink
very nice, any redone status effect icons though? those where the only ones i was planning to use lol, if not then im probably going to make my own edits, just remove the boxes behind them and change them from purple to black and white

im using the elemental icons from VX, much better ^_^ but they don't offer a good variety on status effects, so im mixing my game with vx elements with ff8 status effects

Holyrapid

http://www.speedyshare.com/730256126.html
You mean icon packs like this? It has 2000 icons for RPGXP. I donĀ“t remember where i got these myself so i put them in speedy share.