RPG Maker VX Icons for XP

Started by Mightylink, October 21, 2008, 01:34:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mightylink

October 21, 2008, 01:34:23 am Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 01:36:00 am by Mightylink
For those looking for the VX icons for XP or just plain looking for new icons for XP here they are.

I'm sorry if you seen this before but all the other vx packs I found on the net where all broken links, so once again I resorted to doing it myself. Here is all 239 RPG Maker VX icons split into single png's 24x24 with transparency. Took me a few days, they should be ready out of the box, no need to import one by one just copy all the icons from the zip into your icons folder.

I also redid a few icons to match their elemental counterparts. Like the globes for example, there was no need for 4 different shades of gray so I added the missing colors.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tumiyjnl5tg
Mirror: http://zvcstudios.site88.net/vxicons.zip

Examples
...and tons more

Fantasist

QuoteI'm sorry if you seen this before but all the other vx packs I found on the net where all broken links, so once again I resorted to doing it myself.

Guess what, I was searching for these just yesterday, thanks a bunch :)
And if you have those VX windowskins made for XP (by Woratana), can you please upload them?
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Mightylink

no but it can be something else i can do, im good with alpha channels.

Fantasist

So am I, with photoshop :P
Thing is, I'm trying to compile a RMVX RTP for RMXP since I like the graphics (minus character sets). I've got the basic stuff converted, I just need map stuff and the windowskins. Woratana did an amazing job, but all the links don't lead me anywhere. I'll make it myself if I have to, but I wanna try to find them first.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Mightylink

October 22, 2008, 03:21:03 pm #4 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:23:29 pm by Mightylink
cool, the entire rtp, id look forward to that

i dont know whats going on lately, it seems ever since rpg palace went down all the good resources got broken, i think many people where linking off that site, i miss it dearly

vx is a bit wierd, every tileset is an auto tile and most of the graphics are in the system folder :P the window skin also uses layers for more texture so its not as easy as copy and paste into xp

im actually using it to create a website template atm, for anyone who likes to base their game site on the rpg maker theme. should take a couple more days, will post it here at chaos first ^_^

Fantasist

October 23, 2008, 03:41:09 am #5 Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 04:50:39 am by Fantasist
Quotethe window skin also uses layers for more texture so its not as easy as copy and paste into xp

I found a script in .org which can use both XP and VX skins in RMXP. It was not perfect but was close enough. VX skin has a stretchable BG and a tilable overlay. The script even handles that.

Getting two layers of BG in RMXP is hard, but we can tile the BG quite easily. This will do the trick:
@window.stretch = false

where @window is an instance of any window.

So to make tiling default:

class Window_Base

def windowskin=(bmp)
    super(bmp)
    self.stretch = false
  end

end

Quoteim actually using it to create a website template atm, for anyone who likes to base their game site on the rpg maker theme. should take a couple more days, will post it here at chaos first ^_^

Ooh, I wanna have a look :o

Mightylink

oh its turning out very sweet, i dont wanna spam, i will post in my game thread when its ready