Inn in a Common Event V1.1

Started by nathmatt, January 10, 2009, 01:18:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

January 10, 2009, 01:18:17 pm Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 10:04:20 am by nathmatt
Inn in a Common Event
Version: 1.1
Type: Common Event System

Introduction

lets u put a inn in a common event so you don't have to make one all the time

Features

• Uses 4 variables
  • #1 For the Inn price
  • #2 For the conversation
  • #3 To choose the Inn name
  • #4 For the Inn name

Screenshots

Spoiler: ShowHide

Demo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=47W5DR8M

Instructions

it uses variables the main things u need r the condition branch the \v[id] i think that about it
if u have any questions post here because i am bad at instructions

Credits and Thanks

• me
  • Fantasist for his topic on variables

Author's Notes

You can use the message thing on all ur NPC's to have the say something different everytime you talk to the
them Just add a
Spoiler: ShowHide
to the event the do the same thing i did
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Calintz

I don't wanna sound like an ass or anything, but by telling people to download the demo just to see what the event system is can be discouraging sometimes...

If you look throughout the entire forum, you will see that damn near all event systems/scripts worth mentioning have valid screenshots of the products potential.

I came into this topic to see what you've created, but I lost interest after seeing that I have to download the demo just to get a peek-e-boo of your product...

I'm just saying that you should try to take the time to make screenshots if you want more people to get interested in your resources that's all.

I mean no disrespect...

winkio

*Agrees*

And, an inn is a pretty standard event that everyone can make.  Is there anything special about yours?

nathmatt

January 11, 2009, 05:21:53 pm #3 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:29:46 pm by nathmatt
its not that its an inn its just so u dont have to make the entire event every time u put 1 u just put the variable at the price u want then use the common event didn't say it was anything special just a short cut
btw what the introduction tells u what it is but if u must have a screenshot i added 1
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Calintz

Well...

I have a common event inn in my game, however it's far more complex than yours. Not saying mine is any greater, I simply mean that I use one event for all of my inns, but each inn has it's own unique encounter, with their very own conversations and what not...

nathmatt

i could easily add that but its more of a personal thing because of the price but i guess i could use another variable
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Calintz

Right on!!

Now we're talking =)
I have one variable set for each inn.

When you step into that inn a parallel process event sets the proper variable. And when you leave, the variable is reset to "0"

nathmatt

i might just add that l8er on my psp right now
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Calintz

nathmatt

Join Dead Frontier
My script