Redd Halo[production stopped indefinately]

Started by scoace13, October 25, 2008, 09:37:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

scoace13

October 25, 2008, 09:37:15 am Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:35:11 pm by scoace13
hi folks this is the topic for my game Redd Halo which i just started on so ideas coments a status reports  for the game go here(aka under this post)

background story:
some time ago in the land of Baan it was peacfull and all was well but since thoes times the people have turned to corruption and so the specter's drew forth into the land the phantoms but it seem that even the spawn of the specter is not immune to the corruption of the world....here in this very world of coruption three diffrent heros form diffrent times and difrent place wil do the unlikely.
main plot:
not quite done could use some work but heres how it goes
- ch1: Antonio Redd is the son of a prominate and welthy merchent Griphen Redd, however when he wakes in the forest one morning and is approached by the four elemental sprits of the land and their master the Phantom of Elements, Issyro he finds that all is not well and after being quizzed on his fathers death...Redd is challanged by the Phantom for the rights to his life...losing the chalange Issyro kills Redd. Elsewhere in a time distant in the future a young orphen boy named D'kex  fight agianst the underworld of society to gain his own freedom. and still elsewhere in both time and place Remmi Lorengaurd struggles to find who she is that is untill the rest of the land finds out what she is.

char bios: (more will be add for later chapters)...(i dont want too much leaked before i get it done.)

-Antonio Redd: Antonio Redd is the son of a prominate and welthy merchent, and loses his soul (and therefore his life) to Issyro.

-Issyro (PoE): the Phantom of the Elements, son of the Specter of Ages. takes Antonio Redd's soul

-Puppet Redd: this is the physical incarnation of Antonio's soul. becomes D'kex's gaurdian (chapter two stuff)

-(this is solid except the name) D'kex: hero number two in our three hero saga D'kex is an orphan boy with little to look foward to in life untill he meets Puppet Redd who shows him that not everything hsa to go accordingto plan (or the rules for that matter)

-Remmi Lorengaurd: this would be hero number 3 (one is redd if you havent figured it out by now) she is a very igh spirited girl with all roads leading to glory in life but she just cant find what road she want to take when one road litteraly takes her all the way two hundred thousand years into the future there she meets CV1080 and finds that she can communicate with and summon spirits form anywhere.
-N/a for ch1
-N/a for ch1

important things:
-people needing credit for help or reasources:
-Starrodkirby86 (title screens and gameover, main char battler recolor, advice and help,in development testing)

-Tori(main char spriteset)

-Satoh(main char spriteset, advice and help,storyline idea)

-Sithjester(main char spriteset)

-Blizzard(stormtronics-cms,Blizz-abs,Crls and crls related plugins, day and night changer, ro job/skill changer, and others)

-Legacyblade(main char spriteset)

-mumerus(in developement testing)

-Ultaflame("ideas for varying stuff" aka background development)

-people in my team:(will be added when there is one)

-the lingo of the world of Baan:
-spirits can be anything so long as they have been blessed by one of the priests of Salem. spirits are pretty much holy pets (even if say your tv was blessed it will be just like a pet) but due to increasing corruption more and more spirits are being tainted.

-tainting a sprit is like just tossing it or allowing it to leave...its really quite sad.

screenshots:
Spoiler: ShowHide

progress:
-10/25/08:development begins; begin configuring monster database and hero database; add title, gameover, and intro/outro; add screenshots to project topic;setevent battles for battle testing (to begin tomarrow); configure major monster groups of chapter 1|end progress for 10/25/08

-10/26/08:development resumes; map1 compleated,first boss battle completed,map2 begun, ideas for background development enter the project, balance testing begins,balance testing ends, balance issues from balance testing fixed, ch1 map testing announced, 1/6 testers signed up for testing scheduled to begin 10/28/08 8:30 PM eastern time, new screenshots to be added 10/28/08 for maps,world sequences,and world events(prades holidays and the like)|end progress for 10/26/08

-10/27/08:development resumes; map1 refinished, map2 created, 2/6 testers for map test, map1 events debugged, map2 eventing|end progress for 10/27/08

-10/28/08:development resumes;complications with work progress and teammates forces work on REdd Halo to be scrapped(aka no more redd halo(at least as you know it now))|end production
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Sase

scoace13

as i dont really have much of a storyline just parts and stuff if anyone has an idea that like me to throw in then postit here and i see what i can do. ps you also get credit for hlping with the games storyline if you toss me an idea (it can be a char idea too)
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

Satoh

I've always liked a bit of betrayal.... You could add a point to the game where you have to fight someone who has been a beloved party member for a long time...

I see a lot of characters with the surname Redd, are they all related, or are some of them married to each-other or something...?

You may want to have some characters that aren't part of the Redd family...

You should mention something about D'Kex (even if he's not yet important, something like 'A mysterious being few know anything about' or something...

And you might want to blur out some of the names of the Troops so you don't give too much away...

So far I can see this has evolved quite a bit from when you first started it, I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Starrodkirby86

October 26, 2008, 01:55:23 am #4 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:56:49 am by Starrodkirby86
Aw crackers, no fun, you have Postality Knights. D: Try getting the legal version sometime, many scripts people make are best compatible with that. Of course there's ;) ways of getting it, but hush hush about that.

The editor screenshot reveals all. It proves a point of what I was talking about earlier with Blizzard, KRoP, and Satoh; Usually a game cannot live up to its screenshots, or the screenshots don't live up to the game. When a game has incredible screenshots, it's usually mediocre and when a game has average screenshots there's something great about that. This rule kind of applies here. The screenshots of the battles don't look half-bad, but when seeing the editor and how it's riddled with grammatical errors in the message boxes, it kind of dismays me. The eventing is a bit interesting though...

Likewise, I can see the evolution, and I'm quite appreciative of that. Keep on going, and I hope for the best.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Satoh

grammatical errors are to be expected in my opinion... I've not yet seen a game that had perfect grammar...

My Resources

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Satoh on October 26, 2008, 02:03:25 am
grammatical errors are to be expected in my opinion... I've not yet seen a game that had perfect grammar...
I agree with that. However, there's a level of decency where grammatical errors are accepted and where grammatical errors ruin the whole game entirely. Would you rather read this whole statement like this:

i agree w/ that tho theres a line whre grammer is ok w/ the game and a line where grammer isnt ok w/ the game.

You know what I mean? I'm not disrespecting anyone on the Internet here or scoace with that demonstration, but alas...:/

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

Satoh

as the corporate execs would say:
"It'll be fixed in post'. "

My Resources

FlyingHamsta

Quote from: Satoh on October 26, 2008, 02:03:25 am

There's a difference between a game that might have one or two slip ups, compared to the entire game not having proper grammar.  Not trying to be negative, but grammar is important both for readability and if anything to show that you care about your game enough to use grammar.

scoace13

October 26, 2008, 06:59:29 am #9 Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:22:50 pm by scoace13
hi i see that grammer is the issue but i assure you that before the game is released the grammer will be perfect because im having my english teacher look over it.

EDIT:

this is for people who want to give feedback on balence issues for inbattle sequences

also don't go blabing bout whatcha see istill trying to keep a lto of details hush hush
so pm or email me with feedback plz...
and yess there will be sequals to this game just as soon as rember how the games supposed to end.

balance testing is over officialy but if you want to u can use this file and if you find errors beside the file size then let me know.

You can't make a consecutive "double-post" within 24 hours of your original post. Use the edit button instead to post new information. Thank you. ~Love, Starrodkirby86

Starrodkirby86

That demo was quite strange...Of course, it was just battles and all, but nevertheless, quite strange. What's the point of having those enemies immortal but there's no Battle Events to stop it? It's like an instant lose right there... ._.

Other than that, I liked the animations...XD

scoace13

what immotal enimes there should only be one or two that are immortal.  //i did it like that so that finding the actuall battle evets wouldn't be hard.

nvm dont worry 'bout it i know what im doing your supposed to lose those...cause if you won then i'd need a diffrent story line

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: scoace13 on October 26, 2008, 02:34:09 pm
what immotal enimes there should only be one or two that are immortal.  //i did it like that so that finding the actuall battle evets wouldn't be hard.
Issoya in the first Battle group, and some of the elementals in the...I think third one, I can't recall. Having an immortal enemy makes the battle impossible to win unless there's some special conditions or something because the enemy can't die of HP loss.

Satoh

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 26, 2008, 02:39:22 pm
Issoya in the first Battle group, and some of the elementals in the...I think third one, I can't recall. Having an immortal enemy makes the battle impossible to win unless there's some special conditions or something because the enemy can't die of HP loss.

You're supposed to lose. The game can be set to continue even if you lose a battle... It's most likely supposed to set those enemies up as powerful characters (like the Sinistrals were in certain battles in Lufia.

My Resources

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Satoh on October 26, 2008, 05:57:19 pm
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on October 26, 2008, 02:39:22 pm

You're supposed to lose. The game can be set to continue even if you lose a battle... It's most likely supposed to set those enemies up as powerful characters (like the Sinistrals were in certain battles in Lufia.
Yeah, I noticed that from scoace PMing me...so we're all cool. Other than that, there's nothing much else to say. I mean, the Windowskin needs a better transparency spot, but that's a minor aesthetic issue some people can disregard. Well, all the best wishes for this game, as usual.  :haha:

Satoh

My Resources

scoace13

probably tomarrow(ill add it in the title when) ill be puting up a map test to make sure the mapevents all work properly for chapter 1 however you will have to pm me to get it cause im only letting a small group of people work on this (hush hush and all)...so if intrested let me know so i can pm the file to you when i get it uploaded... you must have the original(rpgmaker XP) rtp for the game to work.

number of testers so far: 2 out of 6

6 being the maximum
my email is wii_the_people2@hotmail.com
till then