Mapping Improvement Thread

Started by KRoP, October 25, 2008, 10:24:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AliveDrive

Well this is a pretty rough draft, I just wanted to practice using the tileset.
Church: ShowHide

Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

Kagutsuchi

O= that is a strange way of using the tileset. Doesn't really give me a church-y feel though

Starrodkirby86

So let's see...I'm thinking you're trying to make that structure symmetrical, right?

If that's the case, then the bottom part, second from the very right, should actually be flipped horizontally. Notice how that area's not symmetrical. :x

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

The Niche

Beware the wrath of SRK the symmetry Nazi! Still, nice map, but Kagut's right. It looks more like a castle than a church.
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

AliveDrive

oh son of a gun.

Feature for ARC: when selected, give option of horizontal/vertical flipping. lol
Quote from: Blizzard on September 09, 2011, 02:26:33 am
The permanent solution for your problem would be to stop hanging out with stupid people.

G_G

Thoughts on buldings? Not the actual surrounds but the shape and perspective. Thank you RoseSkye for the building help. :3 (Image kinda large)
Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

If your just asking about shape then ya it looks good. personally I would extend the lower arm of the L down to be closer in length to the right arm but that is just me.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

legacyblade

It looks like you have a perspective error with the back of the building. At the angle we're at, it shouldn't look like a straight line between the bottom layer corner and the top layer corner. We can see in the front that it stops and goes straight up at the second layer. Move the back of the second layer back two tiles and it'll look better.

G_G

Oh wow that makes it look way better.

RoseSkye

remove the left | tiles on the upper portion of the walls g_g

G_G

Ryex

he's talking about the inside of the L, it should be flat right there not an edge.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Bradley_Theory

Alright, my first map that I'm posting here. Hope you guys like it. :) (Yeah, shame on me, standard character.)

Say it if you have any suggestions. :D

stripe103

I must say that it looks really good. It feels natural, which is exactly what it should. Lots of varieties when it comes to plants and ground. A really good map :D

WhiteRose

Quote from: Bradley_Theory on April 29, 2011, 02:47:22 pm
Alright, my first map that I'm posting here. Hope you guys like it. :) (Yeah, shame on me, standard character.)

That's very impressive. I think you did a great job.

Bradley_Theory

Thanks alot! Great you guys like the map!

Spaceman McConaughey

I love how you used Arshes. Not too many people realize how original he can make your game. :V:

But really, nice map. :D

Shin Migumi

Wow. that is a good map. makes me want to go back and revise some of mines. good job man.

JellalFerd

QuoteFrank says:
But obviously they put on that shirt on in the morning.
Hmmm..
Booty shirts are nice.
Depends on the girl.
Jellal says:
booty shirts
lolwut

Bradley_Theory

Quote from: Shin Migumi on April 30, 2011, 01:14:02 pm
Wow. that is a good map. makes me want to go back and revise some of mines. good job man.
Thanks dude! Show some of your maps then, I'm curious. :P
Quote from: JellalFerd on May 01, 2011, 02:20:03 am

That's a pretty nice map. :) But maybe a little too much flowers, and try to make the mountains a little more random just like in nature.
Further it's a nice map.