Fantasist's Resource(s)

Started by Fantasist, October 28, 2008, 01:43:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

October 28, 2008, 01:43:39 am Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:41:13 pm by game_guy
I'm not much of a spriter or anything but I make stuff sometimes.

Here's a windowskin I made for my game, QC Glass:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Some screenshots:

There's a little bit of color in the wallpaper, so you can try changing the hue to get other colors like orange, green, or anything. The negative is that the reflection on the top of the wallpaper gets a bit blurry when used on big windows like the menu status screen. Anyway, enjoy ^_^

QC Glass 2. I made the reflection straight, so the problem with big windows is gone. I've reduced the brightness of the reflection, so visibility is better. I've changed the hue of the battle cursor to pure blue (instead of cyan) so that hue changes can be precise (no more pink cursors for red skin). Here it is:

Terms of Use:
You can edit and/or use these resources in commercial or non-commercial games for free, provided credit is given to me (Fantasist).

Chaos Project and Hyperion Windowskin Series

I am very excited about the development of ARC. It made me realize once more what a great community this is, and how much I've learned over the many years I've been here. I felt I had to contribute something to the community, especially to the ARC project. So I sat down and finished a windowskin idea I had for ages. I present to you: The Chaos Project and Hyperion windowskin sets:

Chaos Project Windowskin Set: ShowHide

Download Chaos Project Windowskin Set

Hyperion Windowskin Set: ShowHide

Download Hyperion Windowskin Set
Download Old Version

I spent 7 hours straight on those, though I admit a lot of time was wasted in experimenting to see what looked good. I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I used Blizzard's Jewel graphic he used in the forum themes, because my main aim with these was to remind us of Chaos Project :)
And in case you were wondering about the names, they refer to:
Chaos Project: This forum
Hyperion: Nemesis's Flagship in the game "Legend of Lexima IV: Chaos Project"

These windowskins are under the following license:
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)
Basically:
- Attribution
- Share Alike
All conditions are waived for the developers of the ARC project.

I have been working on a few edits to the default battle system and it includes basic animated battlers. To test the system, I made edits to the Arshes charset to make some poses. I ended up with these:
Battle Poses: ShowHide
Attack:

On Hit:

Idle:

Item:

Skill:

Unresized standing pose

They aren't much, but I really hope more of these kind of battlers were made, you kow. I mean, truly front view battlers, so people can make something like this:
Screenshot: ShowHide

These are more to inspire similar work than actually being usable.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Galatea

This is a good one, clean and neat.
Good job Fantasist!  ;)

Mightylink

nice design, reminds me of vista only good

Starrodkirby86

Wow, and I thought this was an old thread when I glanced at it. O_O

That windowskin is really sleek...If the windowskin's quality is higher than the screenshot's, which it probably is, then this is awesome. Nice original take on the windowskin wallpaper, kudos to you Fantasist.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Satoh

Fantasist, that skin is absolutely beautiful...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

You should just make that bright part darker because you can't use a dark nor a bright font properly.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

QuoteIf the windowskin's quality is higher than the screenshot's, which it probably is, then this is awesome.

Unfortunately, it's almost the same as in the screenshots. That's why I've put them up, so you know the flaws too.

QuoteYou should just make that bright part darker because you can't use a dark nor a bright font properly.

I know, but all that time in photoshop and I just couldn't resist >.<

Hopefully, the next iteration will be more practical. Thanks for the comments guys :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Satoh

Stretching is the biggest problem with skins.

Really it would look fine anywhere but the one panel the menu and maybe the larger shop panels...

It's easily worked around if you make a menu edit to show smaller panels(like one panel per character)

Really the only reason you can't do just about anything with skins is the stretching.

Speaking of which is there a way to rewrite the default panel info? (like to tile the background image rather than stretching? or to use a larger skin?)

My Resources

Fantasist

October 30, 2008, 06:25:56 am #8 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 06:32:15 am by Fantasist
Quotelike to tile the background image rather than stretching?

There is the "stretch" property for the Window class. Set it to false and the wallpaper is tiled:
self.stretch = false

Or if you're doing it outside the window class:
@my_window = Window_Blah.new
@my_window.stretch = false

Quoteor to use a larger skin?

I don't think there's a provision for that. The whole Window class needs to be rewritten for that.

Satoh

Quote from: Fantasist on October 30, 2008, 06:25:56 am

self.stretch = false

Or if you're doing it outside the window class:
@my_window = Window_Blah.new
@my_window.stretch = false

Ah, wow.. I had NO idea that was in there... I need to reexamine the windows...

My Resources

Blizzard

It's not one of the obvious attributes. I think that this can be found in the help file.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Fantasist

Why thank you ^_^
I think now is a good time to update this with a few more skins.

Starrodkirby86

January 17, 2009, 02:02:17 pm #14 Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 02:03:51 pm by Starrodkirby86
Pics or it didn't happen.

Oh, wait look:

Crap, mapping error. :=

I'm also moving this topic to the Database, but quietly, which in other words, no moved topic. I'm doing this because I don't want a litter of MOVED: Topic Name in the Resources Board.

I honestly say this second version is way better than the first. You have good potential to make Windowskins like Satoh, I bet.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Fantasist

Hey, thanks :) I'll add those pics in the main post tomorrow. And Satoh, he impressed me, really good skins. I can make good skins but I spend too much time on them. Must learn to work efficiently...

Blizzard

Careful... Spending too much time when you already know how to work efficiently will create awesome results... I'm just warning you. o.o; Think of CP and how much time I spent on just some small details (HOURS!).

Calintz

Wow...
That is seriously sleek and I love it!!

*Powers up*

Fantasist

Updates! :D
Windowskin sets, made for ARC. More to come.

ForeverZer0

@Fantasist: You do have access to the RTP in the Dropbox don't you?  I never remember anyone adding you yet.  If not, just say the word and you shall be invited. ;)
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Fantasist

Blizz already added me :)
I was just wondering about how to name the files. I PMed you, please check your inbox :)

Blizzard

Just add some number and file name like in the RTP. They are going to be reordered most probably anyway.

Fantasist

Fantasist

Added new stuff (not directly usable, but more of an idea/reference).

G_G

That is a pretty interesting concept actually.

Fantasist

Quote from: game_guy on November 08, 2011, 09:13:06 am
That is a pretty interesting concept actually.

Thank you! If I could draw, I would've made something which is actually useful :shy: