RPGXP 3D Battlebacks

Started by Mightylink, October 30, 2008, 01:37:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mightylink

October 30, 2008, 01:37:58 am Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:19:55 am by Mightylink
I have taken the liberty to remake all of the XP default battlebacks into full 3D images for an alternative choice into your games battle backgrounds. As I complete them the list below will be updated one by one. These are 640x320 perfect for RPG Maker XP, you can also get the full high res ones from my deviant page here: http://mightylink.deviantart.com/gallery/#My-RMXP-Battle-Scenes

After I have completed the 50 RTP battlebacks I will put them into a pack and I will continue making new ones and will be more then happy to take requests for custom games as long as it remains simple.

Enjoy the new backgrounds :D

RTP-Enchanced 2008
001-Grassland01 *Oct 29*
002-Woods01 *Oct 31*
003-Forest01 *Nov 1*
004-Mountain01 *Nov 8*
005-Beach01
006-Desert01
007-Swamp01
008-Snowfield01
009-CastleTown01
010-CastleTown02
011-PortTown01
012-PortTown02
013-PostTown01
014-PostTown02
015-ForestTown01
016-ForestTown02
017-MineTown01
018-MineTown02
019-DesertTown01
020-DesertTown02
021-SnowTown01
022-SnowTown02
023-FarmVillage01
024-FarmVillage02
025-Castle01
026-Castle02
027-Castle03
028-Church01
029-Church02
030-Ship01
031-Ship02
032-Heaven01
033-Heaven02
034-Bridge01
035-Ruins01
036-Shop01
037-Fort01
038-Fort02
039-Tower01
040-Tower02
041-EvilCastle01
042-EvilCastle02
043-Cave01
044-Cave02
045-Cave03
046-Cave04
047-Mine01
048-Sewer01
049-InnerBody01
050-DarkSpace01

Custom Scenes 2008
BL-Glacier01 *Nov 2*
BL-Glacier01alt *Nov 2*
BL-Glacier01extra *Nov 3*
BL-Glacier01FINAL *Nov 3*

Satoh

You rendered that?

Not bad, not bad at all...

But can you model Battlers as well...? (I'm tempted to try it now...)
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Mightylink

October 30, 2008, 01:47:13 am #2 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 01:49:13 am by Mightylink
2h 30min, blame all the grass polys lol

I really suck at modeling characters though, I don't think I would ever get it done.

I'm better with objects like weapons and buildings and terrain mapping cause of the vast amount of resources already avalible for it.

Blizzard

This looks pretty good. o.o Wouldn't it be a much better idea to render non-RTP backs? i.e. a Gletscher, high in the mountains.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Mightylink

October 30, 2008, 04:06:02 am #4 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 04:10:38 am by Mightylink
Ya I'd like to do that too, only if people like them. I know they don't exactly match the games charsets and battlers well. I'm happy to take requests as long as it isn't too hard to do like a million soldiers in the background :P

I'm better with landscapes then living creatures, less actual modeling.

Starrodkirby86

Wow, beautiful work. Once there's more of these 3-D backgrounds, you got something hot in your hands. I'm sure Sons of Myneria would benefit greatly if you use this a lot...and I mean a lot...

How long did this take you? Certainly shorter than 2 hours and 30 minutes, heh, unless you overachieved on that particular one. This is something I just want to oogle at for quite a long time...Great job. :)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Quote from: Blizzard on October 30, 2008, 04:03:00 am
i.e. a Gletscher, high in the mountains.

That was a hint, BTW. <_<; *cough* ... I could use it badly... *cough*

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Mightylink

October 30, 2008, 09:15:28 pm #7 Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 09:37:10 pm by Mightylink
Quote from: Blizzard on October 30, 2008, 07:19:17 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on October 30, 2008, 04:03:00 am
i.e. a Gletscher, high in the mountains.

That was a hint, BTW. <_<; *cough* ... I could use it badly... *cough*

sure i guess i can keep going, the problem i find with these battlebacks though is you cant mix them with others, if you go 3D you need to have all battlebacks 3D to follow a consistant theme, that was the main reason i wanted to do all the RTP ones first

the gletscher, fortunetly i love snowy mountain landscapes the best, you know what, this is something I made a few months ago, would it work?

http://mightylink.deviantart.com/art/Iceheart-Creek-87178406

Full Sized: http://www.deviantart.com/download/87178406/5a48014d8e218b5040a0ce4daca75665.jpg

I'll try to find the original copy without the logo. You can probably just edit it, chop the logo out, fit it to a proper battleback 640x320, I put CC on it but I give you full permission to do whatever to it :P

Blizzard

October 31, 2008, 06:13:17 am #8 Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:14:26 am by Blizzard
It doesn't really suit as a battleback. ._. Thanks anyway.

Satoh

Quote from: Blizzard on October 31, 2008, 06:13:17 am
It doesn't really suit as a battleback. ._. Thanks anyway.

Specifically it doesn't fit as a battleback because, it has no place to stand.

It's not a bad image, it just doesn't have the proper composition...

My Resources

Mightylink

October 31, 2008, 06:01:10 pm #10 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 07:20:55 am by Mightylink
i was thinking the same thing, i made that long before i got into rpg maker

i'll see what i can come up with, i just finished the second rtp one

[EDIT] ok finished the third one, im starting to get an idea, its not the best work but i dont wanna take 10 years on it, i want to stay at a steady pace of a scene a day if i wanna get this done my chrismess :P

cant wait for the next ones, im starting to get into mountains and towns now ^_^

I also thought of a good idea, i can rerender all the scenes in day and night for those using time scripts, and some with red skys or cool camera effects for those who make there games go through an evil phase or certain events in the game

if your still viewing this topic blizzard maby you could send me a screenshot of the map you want that snowy battlescene on so i can make it as close as possible to your game, right now im just basing my renders on the default battlebacks, still a lot of work but faster then starting from scratch...

Blizzard

This screenshot caught the map very well.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Satoh

That's a nice map Blizz... (though I've always wondered why there are flowers blooming in the middle of a blizzard...)

MightyLink are you using some version of Maya to do your rendering? (the bump mapping in the trees looks like it was rendered through Maya...)

My Resources

Blizzard

It's just that type of map. The flowers only bloom in quite cold regions. Also, the blizzard is a cause by a "demon" which you fight as boss. After you defeat the boss, the blizzard calms down for good.

Mightylink

November 01, 2008, 06:50:26 pm #14 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 11:21:24 pm by Mightylink
@Satoh Vue 6 Infinit, its not a modeler but devoted entirely to rendering. Its what they used in the pirates movies and spiderwick chronicles. I gata admit though some of the trees look bad close up, which is why for the third one I made my own custom material in psp to put on the log closest to the camera.

@Blizzard Ok i'll see what I can do, I also got a lot of plants that only grow in cold places I will see if I can get in there.

[EDIT] Ok, I hope this works for you blizzard, my only worry is that it wont blend in with your other battlebacks, I hope its useful to you.

Battleback 640x320: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/MightyLink/RMXP%20Battle%20Backs/BL-Glacier01.jpg
Original 1024x768: http://fc54.deviantart.com/fs35/f/2008/306/c/0/Glacier_Blizzard_by_mightylink.jpg

I also included the full size free for your editing.

Blizzard

I like it. You just need to do a few adjustments. Can you put the viewpoint a bit lower and turn it a bit upwards? In other words, it should be looking more forward than down on the landscape. Also, remove the snowing since I will use RMXP's weather effect to generate the snow. Thanks!

Mightylink

November 02, 2008, 08:22:44 am #16 Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 08:49:45 pm by Mightylink
Sure thing but, it will take me another night to render it, this is a power hog with all the sub surface scattering <_<

[EDIT] hope this works, most time i spent on a battleback, though i should be spending more time on them but i don't wanna take all year making them all :P
Battleback: http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/MightyLink/RMXP%20Battle%20Backs/BL-Glacier01alt.jpg
Full Sized: http://fc10.deviantart.com/fs33/f/2008/307/1/7/Glacier_Alt_by_mightylink.jpg

I should of worked on the atmosphere a bit more... make it feel colder. Perhaps another day :P Sorry I havent done this in a wile, hard to get back into the habit, im also not the best 3d artist but I have the will to make 50+ battlebacks where no one else would waste the time.

Blizzard

Much better now. :3 Thanks a lot. I'll be sure to give you a special thanks in my game. :)

Mightylink

heh got a few more versions for you, sorry I hate leaving jobs half ass

I gave this one a deep arctic atmosphere:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/MightyLink/RMXP%20Battle%20Backs/BL-Glacier01FINAL.jpg

This one is back to the standard lighting but improved sky, if you dont like the above one im sure this one will suit you best:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/MightyLink/RMXP%20Battle%20Backs/BL-Glacier01Extra.jpg

If you want to do your own editing I made this one with alpha channel so you can create your own sky:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o296/MightyLink/RMXP%20Battle%20Backs/BL-Glacier01Alpha.png

OK, now im done :P

Blizzard

Mightylink

November 08, 2008, 05:29:43 am #20 Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 05:31:11 am by Mightylink
I'm afraid I can't find the time to work on these lately, I am in the middle of a big move and its killing all of us here getting everything ready. I have completed the first 4 and an extra custom one for you guys to use. (If Blizzard says its ok to use the last one.)

Makes me sad I have to stop here, one of my favorite scenes was next, I love shiny water :P Anyway, I know these can be useless until the full pack is finished so I will get back to it as soon as possible.

I'll see if I can get the beach one in before I go, if not I will be back next month. I also plan to make better high-res versions of these to fit games with custom battle scripts or game resolutions. The ones on my deviant page do not properly fit, they are a little less then the required x2 resolution.

Blizzard

Would be cool if you did the marsh one first. >_>
Also, I'm using another one of the snowy mountain backs.  xD

Satoh

Hmm... I think the mountain one looks a little cartoony... I think the bump map on the stone ground is a little too precise and defined...

The Glacier FINAL looks epic though.

My Resources

Mightylink

i didnt like it either, it was the best material I had on hand, I will see if I can create my own in psp.

Holyrapid

I first looked at the grassland pic and thought that you must have taken a photo. This exceeds my exceptions thousand times. Cool.