BEFORE asking for help...

Started by Blizzard, January 07, 2008, 09:25:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 07, 2008, 09:25:53 pm Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:07:18 am by Blizzard
NOTE THAT THIS WAS ORIGINALLY MADE BY ZERIAB!

If you do decide to post, please be specific. It's impossible to help a person saying: "I get an error, why?"
Answer these questions when you make a new topic or chance are, you will be asked a variant of those questions.

• 1. What RPG Maker you are using?
  • 2. What exactly is the problem you are encountering?
  • 3. In which environment does the problem occur?

• 1: Different versions behave different. You can get a solution which doesn't work with your version. This is a pity and a waste of time. Remember this!!!

• 2: If you just say you have a problem it's hard to solve, because it can be one of a gazillion things.
    If you get an error message. Post exactly what it says.
    If it's an invisible error, like an event not behaving like it should. Post with which event the problem is and follow 3.

• 3: By this I mean, when does the problem occur?
    Is it when you start the game? Start a new game? Talk to that dog?
    It's pretty important to tell when exactly you get the problem if you get an error message.
    If it's an invisible error (see 2.):
    You must tell when you notice the event behave being different.
    You must also write the event commands of the specific event and any other event where the existence of interaction is evident.
    If you have any custom scripts installed, tell about them too.
    Some of the things I mentioned here you perhaps shouldn't do as the situation in which problems occurs vary a lot. This can also be the most difficult to answer.

• A general rule: The more specific you are, the better the chance of a proper answer.

Also if your problem was solved, please change the title of your topic and add before [RESOLVED], like e.g.:

How to make an item call a common event?

[RESOLVED]How to make an item call a common event?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zeriab

What happened to
QuoteI want to add, this is originally by Zeriab:
:x

Blizzard

Must've gone missing. Want me to add it to every copy of this post I made?

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Zeriab

Nah, it's not really important for the topic.
I just wanted to complain :=

Blizzard

Fantasist

lol! Give Zeriab his credit Bliz!
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Nortos

Zeriab

*huggles Blizzard*
Thanks... but I don't remember doing 5 topics  ???

Blizzard

I did. I made one in every important place. Just check out the RM sections and you'll see what I mean. The topics are clones of this one, BTW, at leats the first post.