Corrupted Data? [RESOLVED]

Started by KRoP, November 01, 2008, 12:54:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KRoP

November 01, 2008, 12:54:57 pm Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:39:16 pm by KRoP
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
  I keep my project on an external hardrive.  When I had to quickly eject the hard drive, I didn't bother to click "Safely remove hardware".  I think I had closed the Game.rxproj, though I'm not entirely sure, and I know I had the project folder up when the flash drive was ejected.  Now opening up the Game.rxproj gives me a 'Failed to load system data' error.  Opening the Game.exe gives me the popup:
Script 'Scene_Title' line 29: ArgumentError occured.

marshal data too short
And then the game window closes.  I tried copying over the scripts.rxdata to a new project, which worked, but copying the entire Data folder and attempting to open the rxproj gave me the same error.  Thankfully, Audio and Graphics are definately safe, because I used a different RTP to hold their data.
  Please, if anyone knows how I can recover the data, I'd be grateful.  And of course I'd update this post if insufficient information was given. ;)

Starrodkirby86

November 01, 2008, 01:02:35 pm #1 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:06:43 pm by Starrodkirby86
It shouldn't be because you neglected to click on "Safely Remove Hardware". I mean, that terminates all the applications and items running on the flash drive, and then it ceases function to it. Something of RMXP must have still been opened or it was still saving, something like that.

Why don't you get a fresh .rxproj? All you need to do really is just grab the scripting .rxdata, the Database, and all the maps .rxdata . Maybe a specific file of the data is corrupting the whole project, and therefore you should experiment which one is corrupting. Once you find that file (or those files), try and emulate a new version of them...

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

KRoP

November 01, 2008, 01:11:38 pm #2 Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:38:57 pm by KRoP
Thanks Starrod, I'll give that a shot.
EDIT:  Well it turns out that when it said failed to load system data, it was literally the system.rxdata that was messed up, and nothing else.  So thankyou, and this is resolved.