FALLOUT 3

Started by Ryex, November 08, 2008, 11:21:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

HOLLY **** FALLOUT 3 IS AMAZING!

No seriously it is! any one else have it?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

November 09, 2008, 08:44:14 am #1 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 08:45:25 am by Blizzard
*raises hand*

Yeah, that game is pretty good. Nice to see that doesn't seem to have the issues that Oblivion had. Though, I think that the graphics are not as good as Oblivion's. I think that they could have worked some more on the textures. But then again, it might be the lighting in the game overall. Oblivion had a pretty bright atmosphere while Fallout 3 doesn't. In every case a very good game. I think I have played it around 15-20 hours so far. Unlike the 118 hours of Oblivion of which over 80 were more forced than enjoyed, I should actually enjoy playing Fallout 3 for 100 hours (if I play it that much).
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

I had actually considered getting this...Till I found out my computer can't handle the epic. Needless to say, I'll be stuck on 4chan for a while....

Blizzard

My laptop can barely handle it. Oblivion was not such a big deal, but Fallout 3 lags if I try to add some stuff other than basic shadows, water reflections, HDR lighting and full texture detail. ._. I also play only on 960x600. Oblivion would run even on 1280x800 pretty smooth most of the time. T_T

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

November 09, 2008, 12:15:30 pm #4 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:18:33 pm by Ryexander
I playing it on my new laptop and by default it set my settings to high and the res to 1280x800. I think I'm going to put them down to medium though because sometimes I get skip frames and the VATS system is kinda lagy.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Diokatsu

It's amazing how games have such amazing graphics and yet technology to use those graphics isn't even released in vast and affordable quantities. This defeats the purpose of hiving good graphics, as no one using them really only adds a "Wow" factor, unlike some games where graphics add to the gameplay as a supplementary element.

Ryex

most of the avid gamers who want to use those ultra high graphic settings build their own computers that can support them. It is unlikely that you will find a pre made model that can unless it is alien-wear.

Valcos

I was thinking of getting it but Res2 is out so im getting that :^_^':.

And i know what you mean by most of the time when playing Oblivion is like im forcing myself to play it... But then again i did play for like 200+ within the first month i got it :O.o:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

I did 90%-95% of all quests, closed over 40 Oblivion Gates and have explored over 50% of the map very detailed including dungeons. I got REALLY sick of it after 118 hours. ._. But back on Fallout 3. Usually they make games so that the currently best hardware can run it smoothly. Of course, the currently best hardware is expensive as hell.

Diokatsu

I would think that Oblivion would never get boring. Sure, everything in the game was done, but with all the amazing addons, how do you get bored? Maybe I'm just more easily entertained xD

Blizzard

Probably. I didn't want to use any add-ons, though.

Valcos

Well... im probably going to get it for my ps3 since my pc's graphic card is out dated :<_<: But w/es they should have added some kind of online for the hell of it kinda like fable did :^_^':
-Oscar De La Hoya

legacyblade

even with oblivion's addons, it just started to feel the same. Even Oscuro's oblivion overhaul was only WOW for awhile. Eventually, you just have to get a new game, XD

Valcos

Like Fallout!!  :^_^':. Its same style game just different time period i guess? :huh: W/es you get to make custom guns!!  :o
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Valcos

Yeah... i effing fiended the game the past week. Awesome! :up:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

It's pretty awesome :D favourite character in Fallout 3 would have to be Betty. Storyline is pretty short and there were things that made no sense. I found the graphics were great. No complaints here but Bethesda could really try to improve on their dialogues. I found that to be an annoyance while fiending through it. Quite enjoyable to play still. I give it a 9 out of 10 and goes to my list of favourite games.

Valcos

Alright, I have one thing to say... DONT complain about the dialogue! Just think about it, almost everyone in the game has something you can say to them. It would be pretty hard to make every single person to have the very own and unique dialogue, especial if you could just shoot them and they never come back :o

I found that the main quests were way to short  :<_<:, like I didnt do them till i was about level 14. And when i did i blazed by them all, that even includes me doing random stuff and the optional ways of doing the quest.

And another thing! Where do you make custom weps? Can you?  Besides the blue print thingys you find, can you customize your weps... cause i still havent seen any of that, except for when that girl had a custom sub-machine gun.

BETTY IS LAME!!!!... nuff said. But, LMAO! Anyone else do the AZN INVASION part of that mission?  :huh:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Fallen Angel X

I did the azn invasion part. Was quite humorous. And I'm not complaining about the general dialogue but rather when your character says something say intelligent, they fail terribly at making you sound intelligent. And also, I think that no nuclear bombs actually hit the U.S. they just had a major car accident. WTF!? Nuclear cars???