VX to XP Conversion Help

Started by Fantasist, November 09, 2008, 07:30:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

November 09, 2008, 07:30:44 am Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:35:12 am by Fantasist
I'm trying to make an RMVX RTP for RMXP (VX resources converted for use in RMXP). Audio is piece of cake, I just had to move them. Most of the graphics are done too, but obviously, I haven't converted charsets, tilesets and autotiles. Does anyone know any tools which can split PNG images without messing up their transparency? I've tried some software but they either only work with BMPs and JPGs, or they can't output to PNG.

Here's a list of what I completed and what I need:

Audio

- BGS
- BGM
- ME
- SE

Graphics

- Animations
- Autotiles
- Battlebacks
- Battlers
- Characters
- Fogs
- Gameovers
- Icons
- Panoramas
- Tilesets
- Titles
- Transitions
- Windowskins

Legend:
Green - Done
Red - Not done

After I split the images, I need to work out each charset. I could also use a tool which can automate the charset conversion. I think all of this is possible through Photoshop scripts, but I have no idea about them. I'd appreciate some support :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Mightylink

id say forget the tool and do it manually, its the only way to be sure

and there are no battlebacks in vx :P

Fantasist

Quoteid say forget the tool and do it manually, its the only way to be sure

I guess so... the RMVX RTP uses alpha channels for stuff like shadows, so I didn't want to screw them. Otherwise, I would've completed the charsets. Then these are the steps I'll follow:

1. First split all the images
2. Add canvas towards the left for each image
3. Copy the standing frame to the left

And finally, get rid of all the repetitions (like doors).

As for the mapping stuff (tilesets and autotiles), I REALLY need help b/c I haven't really done much mapping and I might not get the layout right...

Quoteand there are no battlebacks in vx:P

I wanted to mention that, but I'll try making some myself. You'll know how they look when I'm done :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

KRoP

There's actually a software for converting charsets from one maker to the other.  I found it from some blog I can't remember.  Google for VX to XP converter maybe?

Spoofus

well if you dont mind a lil work for the characters you can open a RMXP one in paint then open another paint window wit ha RMVX character and just copy and paste the VX one over to the XP one so you can line them up easy..it aint really hard i do it all the time for characters

My Blog site I am working on: http://spoofus.weebly.com/