Satoh's Resources(11-26-08)

Started by Satoh, November 10, 2008, 02:01:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyblade

Can't wait for that animation speed thing! It'll make my attack sprites actually look good :P

Blizzard

<_<; So it has to be before the start of the contest, eh? xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Yah, preferably. It'd slow me down if I had to make new attack sprites mid-contest. Don't worry, you're the scripting god, you can do it!!!

Blizzard

Of course I can. It's a minor edit including a change so that the weapon sprite isn't applied on the actual sprite but a new sprite is created. Five me a few hours and I will not just do that but also make a very stable version and test it properly. By my estimation, it should take 2, maybe 3 hours to implement that and the different animation speeds (for each frame, individually, horray!) AND update all the documentation plus adding it to the config properly if I don't slack off like I tend to.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

legacyblade

Well I hope you don't slack off then. That's the main thing keeping bABS from meeting XAS in graphics.

Kagutsuchi

Love this resources =D Thanks! Hope you don't mind if I use some of em :P (Will give credit if final project is ever released)

Satoh

No sense in posting resources that wouldn't be used right?

I'm glad you like them.

Well... I won't lie... I do like the complements... >.> I don't think any artist doesn't like complements... lest they get 45000 a day maybe...

Anyway O.o;; Feel free to use them...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

DeathLock

QuoteNo sense in posting resources that wouldn't be used right?

Incorrect, you post for both comments (which admittedly you would like less), and criticism (which you want more of).

Tazero

im definatly usng the rtp styled charsets :)
*powers up*

If you were a fish...

Tazero

Hey do ya mind if i uhh put the charsets in a package?
or could you?

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Quote from: DeathLock on December 09, 2008, 06:04:36 am
QuoteNo sense in posting resources that wouldn't be used right?

Incorrect, you post for both comments (which admittedly you would like less), and criticism (which you want more of).

I have a feeling he posted them moreso in the hope that people would find them useful rather than he improve. Satoh has enough skill that he recognizes himself what he must improve.

Tazero

May i ask for something?
Sorta like a old stone tabld look with 2 swords crossing possibly with alucard 1 or 2 it doesn't matter clashing sword with random guy? Cursor should be a sword to underline it :)

If you were a fish...

DeathLock

@Dio: Just because someone is skillful, does not mean that they cannot get the criticism of others. As well as getting opinions from people who actually sprite, they help improve the spriter from their own experience. In this way, they guide the spriter to make himself better in a faster rate. Nobody is too good for criticism.

Satoh

I do recognize a lot of things that I can improve upon on my own, but criticism can't ever become obsolete either.

A lot of times I have to ask someone else what's wrong when everything in my picture looks fine by itself but the image as a whole looks strange to me...

It isn't an everyday occurrence but it does happen.

@Taharo... I'm not sure what you're wanting... could you be a little more specific? (note that I'm in a bit of a slump and I don't post anything I'm not satisfied with, so I may not be able to do it right now.)

My Resources

Tazero

December 17, 2008, 04:34:08 pm #54 Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 04:38:08 pm by Taharo
Well i mean you know make your resources an RTP
and wondering if you could make Down graphics for Brandon Random guy and Alucard 1,2
And a speaking pose like Head nods and stuff :)

Plus the request was a  was a window skin

If you were a fish...

Satoh

Brandon Random Guy O.o? You mean the spiky haired dude? I... could... but I'd rather do that when I have enough characters for a full 'Down' sheet... and since Tsukihime characters are kinda their own continuum... (I just don't like putting random characters on the same sheet together....)

As for speaking poses... I cant do Alucard... the random guy I might try, you prefer more stylized or more realistic...? (note: it'll be anime styled either way, but it could be 'cuter' or more defined...)

My Resources

Tazero

Quote from: Satoh on December 17, 2008, 06:37:41 pm
Brandon Random Guy O.o? You mean the spiky haired dude? I... could... but I'd rather do that when I have enough characters for a full 'Down' sheet... and since Tsukihime characters are kinda their own continuum... (I just don't like putting random characters on the same sheet together....)

As for speaking poses... I cant do Alucard... the random guy I might try, you prefer more stylized or more realistic...? (note: it'll be anime styled either way, but it could be 'cuter' or more defined...)

More defined and as far as alucard goes why not?

If you were a fish...

Dark Gaia

Very nice job there. I like the futuristic map tiles, they are quite well done. I'm in need of some modern/future tiles right now so I'll be using them. Thank you!

Satoh

I can't draw Alucard worth a shit basically... Alright... I'll try to do some faces for the random guy...

And Dark Gaia, welcome to the Chaos Project, but could you shrink your signature a bit, it's a little tall.

My Resources

Tazero

All right i'll take your word mind if i try things out?

If you were a fish...