Untitled Pokemon Project [Cancelled]

Started by Punn, November 11, 2008, 01:50:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Punn

November 11, 2008, 01:50:20 am Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 08:49:07 am by Punn

Every pokemon trainer always dream of one thing, to be the best. An average day, traveling, making friends and catching new pokemon. But... behind each apple, have a rotten core.
Behind a mask, there's evil.. so what if.. no.. what are you going to do?
Would you live your life as a everyday pokemon trainer? Or become a different person you did not expect to be?
Be the best? Or save your friends?

List of Starter Pokemon
Treeko
Chimchar
Totodile

Screen

Spoiler: ShowHide

~Features the original roster of pokemon from the first generation to the current. (All 495 of them)
~Better, longer storyline
~Completely new roster of pokemon? (possible.. or not)
~Large world to explore
~More 2-on-2 battles?
~Large world to explore
~Make allies with fellow trainers and fight alongside them

Edit for the sake of Ulta's insanity (surprised it got one..)
Any Suggestion? Comment? Concerns? Ideas?
Post em here....
If you have an idea for a Poke, techs or trainers, go for it.
If you want to be a trainer in this game... by all means.. go for it...

Diokatsu

This is a tall order to fill my friend. Needless to say, I'm waiting for this to succeed. I'll help in anyway i can, just make it a small one xD

Blizzard

QuoteNooooooooo! No one cares about my pokemon rmxp game,  oh well, time to delete it :P

Quote from: Punn on November 11, 2008, 01:50:20 am
Well, I prolly won't listen  :headphones:

Contradiction, what do you expect?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

*tosses the matchstick men from Blizz's avvie at Punn*

I'm not giving a suggestion.

Punn

Quote from: UltaFlame on November 11, 2008, 05:29:23 pm
*tosses the matchstick men from Blizz's avvie at Punn*

I'm not giving a suggestion.

Your voice doesn't matter to me.

Anyways, its canceled , I deleted the files already since no one was interested to begin with.

Vell

what the...? who the hell said we werent interested? you said you werent accepting suggestion, and theres not much that states much to give us a clue what your doin.

Punn

I didn't get that quick response that I was hoping to get. This topic was completely ignored until Blizzard replied. >_>
The last minute you posted after I deleted the project file. I had 2 gym leaders set up lol
In all honesty, all you kinda really did is posting an action and some kind of taunt, so... meh...

Well.. since I used Tune Up Shredder.. no hope but to start over again.

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

Aye aye, through the learning of the way of Appeasement I get back to work.
When I got through a good progress, I will provide some screenshot. 

Mightylink

I been waiting for someone to do this. I used to love the games but the tv series is making it gay and childish. I think you should go for it, rpg maker is the best engine I know of for this sort of game.

I think you should do this on VX cause its mapping and battle system are closer to the pokemon games then xp is.

Good luck on the project, I been looking for a good fan based version for a long time.

Punn

It's not a fan game, its more of a story told by another perspective. :P

Blizzard

Punn

Xero Shifter

I think this is a good idea, and though you deleted the files I would like to see this come out some time. The major problems i found with the original games was that they where very linear. There was no openness until the end of the game at which point all you could do was run around collecting more pokemon, and battle tower, stuff like this.

I also think that being able to customize your character would be nice (there appears to be scripts for doing that in game, so it shouldn't be too hard.) Also the pokedex was always dumb, you didn't have to do anything, it was just a beastyary that told you where to capture the damn thing and that was all the usefull info you got. Thanks to Bliz there are scripts to fix this as well (the scanny one, and the beastiary one.)

Also breeding in pkmon was kinda dumb. You had to leave the damn thing with the daycare for friggen ever. Also the difficulty lvl script could do some good here.

The thing with the legendary pkmon was kinda dumb too, one-three or four pokemon that where wayyyyy more powerful than all the others, I mean wtf... really? Whats the point once you have them? You pretty much win.

lvl 100 cap was dumb, only one masterball was dumb, why couldn't you just make more? Anyway these are just my opinions, you can chose to ignore them or listen, up to you, i would love to help a bit with this project assuming it gets going ever. I do a small ammount of spriting, a ton of photoshoping for menus and battlers, some pallet work, but no scripting (but i can certainly find them.)
Join the Starcraft Territories team now!

Blizzard

The things you described as dumb are basically things that the makers used hoping it would make the games better, but it made the games just more annoying. Some features limited the gameplay and some others were simply badly implemented. A breeding system was not a bad idea, but they could have made it take way less time to breed and allow to breed more than one pokemon at the time. -_- Giving a good feature is good. Limiting a feature can also be good soemtimes. But limiting it too much can create such a big disadvantage that it wasn't worth adding it in the first place. I think that level 100 cap made sense, though. But they always could make a different level cap like level 1000. But then again, where would you find strong enough pokemon to get enough experience to actually get there? No, IMO the level 100 cap was a good idea. The game eventually has to stop somewhere. If it's taking too long, it gets repetetive and boring. *cough* ... Oblivion... *cough*

But let's not drive too much off-topic.

Xero Shifter

Alright you are right about the lvl cap thing, I should clarify what i meant about that more, what i really meant is that it is dumb to have a lvl cap that once you hit it, there is nothing left for the pokemon to gain or do. There are no new moves, no ways for it to improve, and it is now stuck with what ever abilities it has. I think once you hit 100 you should be able to chose what ever skills the pokemon was able to learn at any point and assign them, perhaps only be able to use 4 diff skills per battle that must be selected before hand, but let the pokemon have all the skills it learned, just switching them out.

As far as breeding goes, thats what i meant, it was a neat feature, but it took too long and you only could do one at a time, and there was always a small part of me that wished i could combine two diff pokemon to get a super awesome mix between them (but now i realize thats too hard to script/code) I like what they did in the versions with contests though, where the child pokemon gets its parents traits (high beauty that kind of thing) would be nice to see that improved upon.

Legendary pokemon where cool in a way because it gave you a goal to strive too, because they where so rare there was only 1 in the entire game. But they where wayyyy op (over powered) once you got them, and you pretty much focused on them entirely along with your one main pokemon after that, or at least me and my lil bro did.

I think another neat feature to add would be "ball creation" this could be done with an item creation script, where you have several parts that make up a pokeball, you know what instead of telling you this way, ill use examples.

Spoiler: ShowHide
A pokeball requires 4 parts to function:
Laser Core
Outer Shell
Memory Box
Power Source

So you have like 10-12 different of each part, and together they create new balls, each part adding its own stats/features to the ball.
A standard pokeball might be
poke core
red and white shell
poke memory
Battery a

Where as a custom ball might be made up of
BlueLaser Core - More effective against water and ice types (aditional 10% chance to capture water based pokemon)
Red and white shell - assigns ball image (a) to the item, and protects the ball from being broken (more advanced shells might allow for multiple usages of the ball if it fails once)
ultra memory - can capture pokemon of lvl xx or lower with 10% increased probability but loses 10% probability with pokemon lvl xx or higher.
Lithium Battery - balls with a lithium battery are capable of being retrieved as "dead balls" when they fail to capture a pokemon and then can be recharged at a recharging station

Maybe these arn't the best examples and some of the effects are impossible but the basic idea is there, and item creation where the item doesn't have to preexist as a recipe is possible (i think i have seen scipts for things like this) it would just create a recipie in that persons save file in the recipie book when that person creates that ball, so that it will log what they ended up with and what it took to make it.
This is also a way to add in more master balls, you can build one out of pieces you find called "master core" etc, that have a 1% chance of dropping off of select monsters.
Join the Starcraft Territories team now!

Blizzard

Ah, I see what you meant with level cap. Yeah, when the pokemon hits level 100, that's pretty much it.

Actually my Creation System can create completely new stuff in-game. But a system like that can turn out unbalanced.

Punn

*powers up Xero Shifter*  (Finally, a positive comment and a good suggestion..)

I like your ball idea, I will see if I can create those within the game itself. It will most like be made in conditional branches and stuff. Maybe there's a side quest right there?
There's a high possibility I will leave the breeding alone, because there's some attack that the baby pokes can obtain that one of the parents can't.

Valcos

Oh... I aint going to write what Xero wrote but :^_^':. For the quests and stuff in the regular pokemon games I felt like you had to remember what the quest was and would have to go talk to the person that gave it to you and half the time i didnt even remember where I got it from and I end up not doing the damn quest!! So maybe make some kind of quest log? It'd make questing alot easier if you are making that kind of game (like more rpg or w/e than just going around catching pokemon and not really side questing much). Oh... and you are still making the game right? :O.o:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Punn

Quote from: Valcos on November 17, 2008, 03:43:20 pm
Oh... I aint going to write what Xero wrote but :^_^':. For the quests and stuff in the regular pokemon games I felt like you had to remember what the quest was and would have to go talk to the person that gave it to you and half the time i didnt even remember where I got it from and I end up not doing the damn quest!! So maybe make some kind of quest log? It'd make questing alot easier if you are making that kind of game (like more rpg or w/e than just going around catching pokemon and not really side questing much). Oh... and you are still making the game right? :O.o:

No.