2D Fighter Combo Battle system

Started by Satoh, November 12, 2008, 12:28:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoh

November 12, 2008, 12:28:44 am Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 12:32:25 am by Satoh
This is a request, but I'm not assuming the role of a silent observer, I will try to help out.

Here we go, what I'm after is a CBS that uses sideview battle design (actively updated) with a sprite sheet of my own specifications (IE not just 4 frames of animation, but probably closer to 6 or 10 frames)

Preferably variable (each row constitutes one animation in the sheet and each cell in that is one frame, and each animation has these parameters defined in code, like MAIN-DUDE has 10 skills(10 rows) row 1 has 10 cells(frames) row 2 has 6 cells etc.)

it needs to have a combo system. Buttons can be pressed and depending on how long it takes to press a series of buttons, that set of presses may execute a combo, (Punch, punch, punch, punch = P...P...P...P vs. Punch-punch-sweep kick-uppercut = PPPP)

It needs a special move system. same as above but more like the classic Hadoken  (Down--Forward-Punch)
these skills take parameters from the SKILL tab in RMXP, such as ATK strength and SP consumtion, while standard combos are simply predefined script routines for each character.

Players need to be able to switch between their (up to)four current party members mid battle, and the HP/SP needs to be saved so the characters don't heal after being switched.

There needs to be team skills between certain characters, (these must also be directly scripted, or at least the script must contain the characters necessary in the party.)

Characters and enemies will need their damage, HP/SP, defense, and movement speed based on parameters in the Database(DB)

Enemies will need some sort of random attack AI based on Enemy Action setups in the ENEMY DB...

Troops need to be understood as Characters the CPU has to switch between, and not as enemies that all appear on the screen at once.

The battles WILL take place in a separate battle screen. Characters need to be moved by either arrow keys or WASD and attacks need to be configurable to other keys on the keyboard. (Default probably H,J,K,L for WASD and Z,X,C,V for arrow key arrangements)

Movement will be confined to left and right walking (with dash forward and backstep) Jumping (and landing on the same level as jumped from)
and crouching (with Forward, Backward, Air, and Crouch attack possibilities)

Battles end after ONE character or ONE enemy is defeated (HP <= 0)  Enemies will give EXP for the entire troop.

Characters still level up, (though the stat gain should be slow to avoid overpowering the characters after one level)

Battles need to be capable of being paused (possibly with a menu)

Attacks need to be varied in power (Light, Medium, and Heavy) Each character's attack set will be different...

States need to be possible to be inflicted via special attacks, last for a set time period, and return to [Normal].

Slip Damage will need to work.

I seriously hope I can get some real help with this... It has the capability of being as epic as BlizzABS, if it works. (In my opinion... but that's biased...)

EDIT: Also an intro and ending phase (Characters and enemies say something or do some pose during this time.)
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

I can't remember the name, but I think that I saw once a script like that. It could have been at rmxp.org.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

November 12, 2008, 12:51:18 pm #2 Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 01:23:43 pm by Satoh
REALLY, now that would be great... I'll need to look for it...

EDIT:Well... I looked around and couldn't find it, if anyone else happens to know where it is...

Otherwise I'll still need some help making this script...

My Resources

Blizzard

Actually the main thing I meant was the combo system. The things is that there is most probably a combination of scripts which can give you a similar effect. I think that I saw somewhere a Tales of battle system script. You could use it for the side-view battle flow. Next would be a combo system that supports, well, combos. I think I saw a script like that as well. I don't know if any of those support combined skills between two or more actors, but I doubt it. If you get everything together, somebody might script it for you. The rest is either already supported by RMXP's default scripts (would be dumb to program it again if it already is there) or are minor edits in one of the default systems or the systems I mentioned earlier in this post.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

Ah, ok I see. I'll start there then, thanks for the info.

My Resources