Official Rising Legend Website!

Started by computerwizoo7, November 16, 2008, 07:30:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

computerwizoo7

Yup you heard it right!  :<_<:
The official rising legend website is up and kinda running...well its not really running so you you can check it out. :^_^':
risinglegend.co.cc
find out some useful stuff about the game because you all will be buying this soon!  :evil:
just do it!  8)

Ryex

Buying it? for like 50 cents?

nice site though it is a bit bandwidth intensive. did I say a bit? I meant VERY.

I mean really I have high speed and it took a minuet on average to load every page!

I'm in a bit of a pessimistic mood today so don't be TOO mad at me.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

computerwizoo7

don't worry man! the game will be very good and will cost more than a cent!  :^_^':

Valcos

um... just throwing this out there but.... I dont think many people are going to pay for a game on rmxp unless its like on a gameboy or something  :^_^': And nice site... just feels like the info is a bit squished.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

computerwizoo7

how many persons know what is rpg maker xp?
not many!
anyway this won't be one of those crap i see persons make.
this will probably cut open a path for other other game developers so that they can make games like Rising Legend!
however it won't be easy to make a game like rising legend, it takes a lot of work!
for interaction systems, sprites, scripts, artworks, etc.

winkio

just a suggestion:  if you do want to make something much more quality, I wouldn't use RMXP.  Seriously, so much better engines out there.  Either build from scratch, or use something that will be able to handle it.  rmxp is for a very specific type of game.

Valcos

Yeah, I agree. If you are trying to make some high class game that people are going to pay for... you are better off not using RMXP. Unless you can really make a godly game thats perfect.... and nothing is perfect :^_^':.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

winkio

No, I mean rmxp as an engine is not very powerful, so it won't be able to handle a "godly" game.

computerwizoo7

i have been looking at that, rmxp is really limited at times but i think i can pull it off for the sake of all those rpg maker game developers!
also i think that i can script over a few stuff and i probably be able to let it work.
also i was making 3d but it was too much for my pc so i'm doing 2d to get to make my 3d games.

omegapirate2000

If you want a really versatile 2D game engine, I'd recommend torque game builder, hell, you can port it over to XNA so you can put it on xbox live and make money off of it.

http://www.garagegames.com/products/torque/tgb/

Used it in one of my classes and it's pretty great. I'd think about it if this is a serious endeavor for you.
Spoiler: ShowHide

computerwizoo7

winkio

It'd definitely be worth it if your game was commercial.  And if you spent enough time on it.  $500 initial, If you sell it at like $5 a copy, that's only 100 copies. 

That's actually not a bad deal.  If I was going to make a commercial game, that's what I'd do.  But I don't have enough interest.  Or time.  Although money isn't too bad.  $500 just means I work a little extra one summer, or spend less money on stuff that I don't need and save more.  If you can't come up with $500 for something you really want, you probably either A) don't have a job, in which case you are either not old enough or already rich  B) can't save money or C) don't really want that something.  Or D) live in some poor country where the annual per capita income is around $7000.  In which case, how do you have a computer with internet anyways?

Anyways, I'd wait until you get an actual start done on rmxp before buying anything.  Make sure that you can actually do this.  Because judging by your personality, I'm gonna say you can't.  Commercial games require a coordinated effort from a huge team of people.  Ever seen the credits on a video game?  yeah...  So stick with rmxp until you are sure you can take it to the next step and succeed. :)

computerwizoo7

well winkio, i am normally professional with my team and partners that work with me on numerous projects, however when i am here i can kick back and say whatever i like.  :^_^':
also the game will be sold for more than $5 it will be like $19 up!
i do have a game dev team working as we speak but i don't have a pixel artist, so i will need one so i can stop doing that part myself.  :haha:
one of the characters in my game cost more than $5 for one pose.
also you put some good points though, please keep up to date with the game ok!  ;)

Blizzard

I'm not sure if you will be able to sell it for more than $5. You don't seem to be serious about this since you are using RMXP instead of a real engine or at least a self-made engine after all. RMXP is a toy. :/ I seriously hope you can pull this off.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

omegapirate2000

Blizzard

I agree. Sell 1000 copies and you earned $19000. That's not just some pocket money. ._.;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

omegapirate2000

Quote from: Blizzard on November 25, 2008, 08:38:45 am
I agree. Sell 1000 copies and you earned $19000. That's not just some pocket money. ._.;

You could buy approximately 38 licenses of torque with that.

Personally, I get mine for free because I'm in game dev, but meh.

computerwizoo7

i have big things for rising legend and i think scripting in rmxp can improve it!
also i was researching this and i saw a game called aveyond and they say that it is an rmxp game.
it is for 19.99 or something like that.

Fantasist

Yeah, I wonder how many copies it sold...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Fantasist on November 29, 2008, 01:55:33 pm
Yeah, I wonder how many copies it sold...
Surprisingly enough if Aveyond has a community with around ~30 members online at the same time (Probably not posting a single thing or something) and there's a third one in development. The site seems very extensive and there's a giant amount of...world-building at the site. It reminds me of Independent Game developers, except this one is from RMXP.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).