(resolved) event help

Started by nathmatt, November 21, 2008, 05:14:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

November 21, 2008, 05:14:10 pm Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:08:28 pm by nathmatt
ok im trying to compare the char x & y & events x & y throught variables but im getting a syntax error heres what i have

Spoiler: ShowHide
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Aqua

November 21, 2008, 05:48:56 pm #1 Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 06:50:54 pm by Aqua
Shouldn't those Yen signs be $game_variables?

And make sure that the end of each line is a syntax that will read for the script to go on to the next line which would be = and -

$game_variables[10] =
Math.hypot(($game_variables[1] -
$game_variables[9].abs)
($game_variables[2] -
$game_variables[8].abs))

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Aqua on November 21, 2008, 05:48:56 pm
Shouldn't those Yen signs be $game_variables?
nathmatt's probably using Postality Knights or a translation of RMXP that's not Enterbrain's official English version. \ turns into the Yen Symbol if I'm not mistaken...

I can't really help on this matter because of the scripting, so good luck. Aqua, I hope you're competent enough to do this. Oh of course you are. :x

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

nathmatt

November 22, 2008, 11:16:15 am #3 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:21:35 am by nathmatt
i tried that still getting a syntax error heres my demo

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A2Q9CSGZ
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

nathmatt

credit to whoever helps me fix it in my event system
Join Dead Frontier
My script

Fantasist

I think you might find something about event and player coordinates here.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

shdwlink1993

The solution is that the event calls need a comma. They should look something like this:

$game_variables[10] =
Math.hypot(($game_variables[1] -
$game_variables[9].abs),
($game_variables[2] -
$game_variables[8].abs))
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

nathmatt

noticed i didnt add resolved
Join Dead Frontier
My script