Change Character Table

Started by Hadeki, November 22, 2008, 08:30:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hadeki

I'm using RPG Maker XP and I want to have multiple character tables within the Name Input script page thing.
The best way I can think to do this is to make it so depending on the value of a certain variable, the letters/numbers you can select when naming a character change. That way I can change the value of a variable and thus change the array of characters on the Name Input Processing thing.
I just have no idea how to do any of this.

Starrodkirby86

Actually, you can edit the amount of characters in the characters name tables by editing the direct Name_Input script...It's Windows_Name or something...I can't recall, but it contains Name. Editting that will allow you more characters. But I don't know how to do it too, or add more pages at the least.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hadeki

Oh heeeeeeeeeeey. Ha ha. Hi there.
Anyway, I know I can edit the characters directly. But I wanted to, like, make it so you could input a month and day and stuff for birthdays.

Aqua

If you want birthdays, it'd be better to use the input number command. :)

(Doesn't really understand the first post)

Hadeki

November 22, 2008, 08:48:44 pm #4 Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 10:01:22 pm by Starrodkirby86
Yes, I had that in an older game, but it's weird to input 4 instead of April, you know?
It's okay if no one figures it out. I really appreciate the help.

Or... Is there a way to use the "Script..." command thing is XP to change the text of the character table? Like, @CHARACTER_TABLE = [ "Blach" ] or something.

Double posts within 24 hours of time. :3 ~Love, Starrodkirby86

shdwlink1993

Not really. In order to do that, you'd need to manually edit the Window_NameInput and Scene_Name classes in Script Editor.
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."