[XP] Mouse Window API

Started by Ryex, August 13, 2010, 12:42:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wizered67

When I put the new scripts into the old demo, I get an error
Script 'Mouse_Window(Window)' line 252 No method error occured
undefined method '[]=' for nil:Nilclass

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Wizered67

October 06, 2010, 09:03:42 pm #22 Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:26:44 pm by Wizered67
Awesome! It works great now!

edit: I'm having issues as soon as I put RMX-OS into the demo to make sure they work right. Heres whats happening when I try to open my window.
Spoiler: ShowHide

as you can see, for some reason it isn't loading the window.

Ryex

October 08, 2010, 12:12:56 am #23 Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 12:16:20 am by Ryexander
then you built the window wrong.
and or, you failed to put the API under RMX-OS
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Wizered67

I know its been a while since anyone posted in this thread, but I have a little problem. Whenever the text below an icon changes in an iconbox_list, rather than the old text going away, the new text is just written on top. For example, my text is the amount of an item you have. If that was 5 and I got one more, it would show the 5 with a 6 written over it. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance Ryex.

Ryex

February 12, 2011, 10:44:02 pm #25 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:05:59 pm by Ryex
hmm, I could of sworn I erased the old before writing the new text.  I'll take a look at it real quick.

EDIT: well I can't seem to reproduce this bug. the best I can tell you at the moment is to make sure that you set the window up to properly redraw the iconbox.

if you pm me a project (preferably a small test project not a full game) the reproduces this bug I'll be glad to help you out.

Wizered67

Now its just acting weird on me. I won't be able to make the demo tonight or tomorrow, but I will send it as soon as I can. I appreciate the help.

Wizered67

February 17, 2011, 11:12:16 am #27 Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 08:48:51 pm by Wizered67
Okay, I pmed you a demo. Hopefully you can help me. :haha:

edit: Hey Ryex, just making sure you got the message from me. I understand if your busy and unable to help, but I'd appreciate some help as soon as you get the chance. Thanks.

iNumPad

February 04, 2013, 01:09:20 am #28 Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 01:14:17 am by iNumPad
[Sorry to revive this topic and sorry 'bout my english. I'm from Brazil.]

Very goog script. This is wonderful. But his look is ugly.
I wish it were possible to use a Windowskin in a window that is draggable and closable.

Can i do this? How?

#Edit:
Example of Windowskin:

Ryex

you will notice that the windows have a draw background method that could be modified to draw the window skin. I don't actually have the time to do this but it should be cake for any other script-er on the forum. as for buttons and other UI elements those too have draw methods that could be easily modified provieded you can provide art to draw for them