The Legend of Xelda (A zelda satire series)

Started by Satoh, November 24, 2008, 10:41:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Satoh

Ok... so, currently I have plans for 4 Xelda games, (short though they may be) and possibly a fifth.... depending on my mood/success I suppose...

Basic Concept:
LinkLinc is the Hero of Time Hero of Destiny Some guy who gets thrown into a bunch of epic CRAPFESTS... and puzzles!

Features:
Random useless items that take up vital inventory space...
Lots of comedy...
Navi as a playable character!!! (it will be much more awesome than it sounds, trust me...)
Fairy eating...
Gender confusion (LOL @ OOT...)
BlizzABS... (mildly customized for better Zelda-like-ness-itude)
Pie...
Robert DeNiro Lucy Liu That guy from ALF A can of beans
That annoying 'trading minigame to get that overpowered weapon' thing.

The games will each be in a different style, quite possibly using several authentic Zelda sprites and tilesets...

The plots will be confusing and hilariously unimaginable... (Just as most Zelda games aren't!)

There will be a Dungeon of Inconceivably Unfathomable Aggravation.

Current Working Titles:
The Legend of Xelda

The Legend of Navi: Linc's Insanity (Xelda II)

The Legend of Xelda: The Rings, The Arrow, and The Cross (Xelda III)

The Legend of Linc: Because, Let's Face It, Xelda Isn't Even Important (Xelda IV)

and a tentative name for Xelda V : The Legend of Xelda: The Bathmat of Incredible Moistness

Expect random images to pop up randomly in random places... likely with a vaguely funny comment underneath.
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

Blizzard

Would be nice if you finish the first game first. #_#
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

I go where my inspiration lies... all will be completed in time.

My gift of inspiration is my curse of poor quality work on whatever my inspiration doesn't relate to...

Besides that, I've been multitasking this whole time...

I make games because I enjoy it... Besides that, my .hack project didn't seem to garner much interest... It will be finished... but right now I'm in a comedic mood... .hack is srs bsns...

My Resources

Blizzard

In my life I realized that not all inspiration and all ideas are actually good ones. Maybe that's why my game is rather high quality, because I put together all the good ideas. #_#

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Satoh

Quote from: Blizzard on November 24, 2008, 12:36:43 pm
In my life I realized that not all inspiration and all ideas are actually good ones.

Are you trying to say something here? =P

In truth, I can't work unless I'm inspired... and if I'm inspired I can't not work...

This isn't meant to be a very serious project, more or less a side idea I've been toying with for around 6 years or so... If I posted all of my better ideas for games, I'd probably have twice as many posts by now... and most of them would be separate topics...

As it stands, my good ideas are too good to let anyone know about... because I really believe my original game ideas will make money...

However... until I have the technical skills and prowess to make these games... I have to work on what I know...

Again, let me reiterate, these are not meant to be absorbing can't-put-it-away games, but rather are meant to be a fun Zelda themed distraction... something that you do at work when you're being lazy... (Don't scowl at me, you know you do it occasionally too! =P )

Also, since I decided to use existing Zelda materials, I will not need to make much of the resources... cutting down GREATLY the time to completion...

But in the end Blizz, I somehow feel you just don't like this project from it's very core... am I wrong?

My Resources

Blizzard

Yes, you are wrong. ^_^ You misunderstood what I was concerned about. I have simply seen too many people starting with too many projects at once (usually two, sometimes even more) and even people that started with only one project that abandoned it all after a while. I know that you can do great things, but I'm concerned that you rush yourself and start getting sloppy which makes you drop everything in the end. i.e. As you said, the .hack game didn't attract much attention and you dropped it.

In fact I'd love to see a Zelda game. It would be great if you could make a Zelda game without the usual mistakes the developers make (lack or plot, lack of story, etc.). There were many Zelda games started, I don't think that I ever saw a finished Zelda game which is a shame. Most stuff was abandoned after a while and none got finished, at least none that I know of.
But that is likely to happen with your game if you rush yourself into 5 games at once. And that makes me a sad Blizzard. ;_; But seriously, I'd love to see part 1 done first instead of 5 games at once that don't differ in quality. If you make one game first, then another, then another, etc., you will be able to fix the potential mistakes you made in prequels.

omegapirate2000

Spoiler: ShowHide