[RESOLVED]Visual Studio 2008 Dilema

Started by Fantasist, November 29, 2008, 12:32:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantasist

November 29, 2008, 12:32:30 pm Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 08:54:42 am by Fantasist
Here's the deal. I'm upgrading to VS2008 from VS2005. I don't really have any experience but I dug around and it seems VS2008 is better. Now, as a budding computer engineer, what should I go for? I mean Visual Basic, Visual C++, Visual C#, etc. My idea is Visual C# (since Bliz mentioned it's easy). If I want to go for that, do I have to download everything or will Visual C# Express alone will do?

Bah, enough with the confusion >.< I want to learn some Visual <whatever> which will be most benificial (in terms of saving time b/c of easiness or knowing a more common or accepted language) and I want the minimal possible installation. Also I'm open to going aginst the minimal rule if it's worth it. I have limited HDD space in my laptop and I want to get the best deal. Just guide me :)

EDIT:

I've decided to go for Visual C# Express. I just needed a professional opinion and I got it from Bliz :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

If you don't really need the whole package, you might wanna just get Visual C# Express. Since I will give all the source code for the config app when I am done with Blizz-ABS so that somebody else can continue working on it, it's good to have somebody who knows C#. <_<;
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

It'll be Visual C# Express then, thanks Bliz :D
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

legacyblade

C# is a really easy language in my opinion. So, yes, I agree: you should go with C#. Though C++ is cool too.

Blizzard

IMO C# is easier than Ruby, because it simply has more stuff going on. You have a type safe language with intellisense. Beats Ruby IMO.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.