Previous topic - Next topic

DeathLock

Well okay, I kinda mixed up that part. :P

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

DeathLock

legacyblade

btw, since this project is now hosted on Eminweb, would you mind changing the forum I'm mainly active on to eminweb? It'd be nice to get some publicity for this dead site x_x

P.S. Is it possible to be a "minor judge"? Since I'm entering, it would be unfair if I were a judge. However, I could help spot use of tutorial resources. Aka, check through everyone's code and resource folders to see if they used the resources from their demo.

xephyr14

this was my idea Blizz stole my idea >_>

whatever

Blizzard

Quote from: legacyblade on December 02, 2008, 02:43:23 pm
btw, since this project is now hosted on Eminweb, would you mind changing the forum I'm mainly active on to eminweb? It'd be nice to get some publicity for this dead site x_x

P.S. Is it possible to be a "minor judge"? Since I'm entering, it would be unfair if I were a judge. However, I could help spot use of tutorial resources. Aka, check through everyone's code and resource folders to see if they used the resources from their demo.

Sure, you can help a bit if you want. You know the XAS demo very well so you should be able to quickly.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

* Name: Punn (Formally Mumerus)
    * ABS used: BABSv2.1
    * E-mail: mumerus.2035@hotmail.com
    * Forum where you are mainly active (just one): Chaos Project

legacyblade

Quote from: Blizzard on December 02, 2008, 03:41:50 pm
sure, you can help a bit if you want. You know the XAS demo very well so you should be able to quickly.

That I do. I've played through the demo quite a few times out of boredom (it was fun until the 3.0, I  think), so I recognize all the graphics right off the bat. I assume we'll be putting up unencrypted versions of the projects, so that it will be possible to judge based on all the criteria (aka, total amount of scritped lines). Am I correct in this assumption

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: legacyblade on December 02, 2008, 05:28:20 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on December 02, 2008, 03:41:50 pm
sure, you can help a bit if you want. You know the XAS demo very well so you should be able to quickly.

That I do. I've played through the demo quite a few times out of boredom (it was fun until the 3.0, I  think), so I recognize all the graphics right off the bat. I assume we'll be putting up unencrypted versions of the projects, so that it will be possible to judge based on all the criteria (aka, total amount of scritped lines). Am I correct in this assumption

Quote from: Summarized Rules* RPG Maker: RPG Maker XP
    * contest starts: 15. December 2008, 12h GMT+1
    * contest ends: 30. December 2008, 12h GMT+1
    * RTP Graphics: allowed
    * RTP Music: allowed
    * non-RTP Graphics: allowed
    * non-RTP Music: allowed
    * SDK: allowed
    * ABS specific plugins: allowed
    * ABS support scripts: allowed
    * custom scripts: allowed (maximum 10000 lines of code altogether, SDK, plugins and support scripts do not count)
    * direct modification of ABS scripts: only minor and in form of additional scripts
    * direct modification of RTP scripts: not allowed
    * resources from the ABS demos: not allowed
    * very, very small edits in the ABS in form of extra scripts: allowed
    * team ups: allowed (no maximum)
    * playtime: 30~60 minutes + 30 minutes for each additional team member if working in teams
    * full credits must be given to everybody who participated in the creation of the game (i.e. if a script was used during development, but removed afterwards, credit the creator of the script with at least a "thank you")
    * DREAM and any DREAM scripts must not be used
    * project must not be compiled and encrypted when submitted
    * game doesn't have to be a full game, it can be unfinished or a demo for another game or something similar
    * every submitted game that uses Blizz-ABS can be requested to be rereleased as Blizz-ABS example game

Yes dear, you are correct. :P

Yeah, you can find out if someone is cheating...through all your XAS experience (I remember you being that XAS helper or something like that). Bah, this is all filler text. :3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

legacyblade

Oh, didn't see that one, I wonder if it was added recently...

and yah, I'm an XAS helper. In fact, I have an XAS forum. But I like bABS better, for reasons I've stated in the debate thread. (do NOT turn this thread into a debate, ANYONE). So I'll be able to spot teh cheating >}

Starrodkirby86

December 03, 2008, 01:58:43 am #50 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 02:04:38 am by Starrodkirby86
Blizzard, I recommend you to update your thread. Looking around, you should reread the first paragraph of your thread:
QuoteOf course something like this cannot be determined with just one or two features, it's a comparison involving the entire ABS. I've had an interesting in order to make a comparison: An ABS contest! That's a nice idea and all, but it wouldn't really work out if it was at my forum only because most members there prefer Blizz-ABS.

You're missing a word there. :P

By the way, you should add someone in the list as a user in Creation Asylum under the name of Kumo has decided to enter using the XAS ABS engine. I don't know about .org, that place is down (Deja vu eh?). Never mind, it's up again. There's a request to be a judge on that site. Perhaps you should check it out.

EDIT: CHECK THIS OUT, *laugh*

I found this while Googling ABS Showdown, you know, just to see what Google sprouts up, and I got this:

Quote from: http://www.thelonerider.com/2008/jan/absshowdown/absshowdown.shtml
ALL-FEMALE ABS SHOWDOWN 2008
Due to increased female-inquiry, I'm launching an all-female online Abs Showdown for 2008 - beginning when a minimum of 5 entries are in - 11 weeks total! Why an all-female? Well, during the Abs Showdown 2007 (check it out to see showdown formatting), females expressed interest in joining but weren't too comfortable competing side-by-side with men. Hey, I can understand that...and it's cool. Now, you have your own showdown.

http://www.thelonerider.com/2008/jan/absshowdown/absshowdown.shtml

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

December 03, 2008, 05:49:23 am #51 Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:15:33 am by Blizzard
LMAO for Abs Showdown.

Anyway, I got Kumo's e-mail for the sign up. Don't worry, I check all 7 threads at all 7 forums more than once daily.

Quote from: xephyr14 on December 02, 2008, 03:27:57 pm
this was my idea Blizz stole my idea >_>

whatever

Actually no. The idea for a Blizz-ABS contest is almost a year old, ever since the old forum. But it was cancelled because of the forum move. And then it was postponed until v2.0 came out. Now it's finally v2.0 came out and I was going to post it again. But since cw7 had to be such an ass, I made it an ABS contest in general according to your and other people's suggestion.

EDIT: BTW, anybody got an idea for a prize? All I got is a script request to me or $20 over PayPal. :X

tSwitch

that one guy at RRR talking about fire emblem and starcraft and stuff.
I don't think he knows what an ABS is.

Also: CW7 SIGN UP ALREADY, COWARD

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

legacyblade

I think making the winner a custom script (maybe even an exclusive for their project) would be better than the 20. You could also make the two runner ups each a small script addon or something like that. I mean 20$, or a custom script. I'd go with the script, if blizz made it.

Satoh

Wait we're talking about a cash prize O.o;

Not that I don't have use for cash... but wouldn't you need people's personal contact info for a cash prize?

I think a script would really be more efficient...
Requesting Rule #1: BE SPECIFIC!!

Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...
Light a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life... ¬ ¬;

My Resources

scoace13

i edited the link to my forum it should work now so post the contest there if u want
scoace13, Eventman extrodnaire...so anybody seen any good movies recently <br />...whys is this here..........random fate...same reason im here...

computerwizoo7

Script REQUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
sign me up!!!!!
i ain't coward anymore!

Diokatsu

• Name: YOUR_NAME_OR_NICK

• ABS used: ABS_NAME

• E-mail: EMAIL

• Forum where you are mainly active (just one): FORUM_NAME

Fill in the form then

computerwizoo7

nope! i'm still coward!