[RESOLVED] My game fried its serial number!

Started by Pokol DaErran, December 04, 2008, 11:24:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pokol DaErran

December 04, 2008, 11:24:49 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:19:06 am by Blizzard
Whenever I try to open any of my projects, it says it "failed to obtain a trial serial number from the nTitles server"

Does anyone know what the heck is happening?
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt

Starrodkirby86

Check to see if you can make a new project or do anything in RPG Maker XP. Maybe someone cleared the registration information or something (If RMXP uses a registry key to get the data, but that's just one whole assumption I made).

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1641.0

Follow that topic for help, even though it's on a Vista.  :^_^':

Consider reinstalling RMXP if that's the worst case scenario. Of course, that doesn't mean remove your games.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

if u used a gen, try running as administrator. If that doesn't work uninstall then reinstall, then run as admin it SHOULD work.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Ryex

what the error means is the program can't access the Internets. so running as admin should work even if you on XP or even lower.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Pokol DaErran

Problem = solved!
Thanks, everyone.
*distributes fame*
*locks*
"...Sometimes, the impossible can become possible- if you're awesome!"
--Bolt