Death's Pixels

Started by DeathLock, December 06, 2008, 06:39:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathLock

Anyone remember Naramura's Ice Elemental battler? Sithjester never made it, considering she has a most of the Naramura sprites complete.

Well, here it is:

Landith

Wow... That is really good! You did a great job Deathlock! *Powers Up*

DeathLock

New sprite, Demon Within. ^_^

Tazero

Woah!
I like it! Adds DL to credits....

If you were a fish...

Tazero

Nice , very very nice...

Though I know you don't take requests but the humanoid (black trench coat) you should make a half monsterish sorta thing like from The Darkness

If you were a fish...

DeathLock

I might do that, since The Darkness is one of my favorite games, but I've got too much sprite work already. :\

Which reminds me to upload the fixed version of the sprite, thanks to LB. Might as well do it in the next update. ^^

Tazero

Mind if i recolor?

Nother suggestion a major request i see everywhere  a badass looking guy with a sword and other weapons

If you were a fish...

DeathLock

Quote from: DeathLock
Terms of Use

- Give credit where it is due, do it or don't use anything in this topic.
- No redistribution without my permission.
- You're free to edit, as long as you give proper credit.
- These are allowed for both commercial and non-commercial purposes, as long as you give proper credit.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

legacyblade

Quote from: MetaKnight on April 16, 2009, 08:21:26 pm
Nother suggestion a major request i see everywhere  a badass looking guy with a sword and other weapons

Check out Nethera in my Spriting Shrine, if you're looking for one.

@Deathlock, woot, I can't wait to see your fixed version, I'm sure it'll look awesome.

DeathLock

@LB: Lol, it won't be any different. I might redo the coat.

G_G

These are really good. I love the Blob thing and the Ice Spirit character is awesome!

DeathLock

Fixed an error on the Demon Within sprite, I forgot to shade under the hair for the head.

And just to show a little WIP.

The rest of the body will not be covered in fur. Note that this is not RTP sized, so it will be considered huge if used with the RTP.

legacyblade

oh, now that's a cool sprite (the WIP). And even though the change on the Demon Within sprite was a small one, it made it look so much cooler.

Shadonking

I like that one, there is nothing like a good lycan sprite (i think its a lycan  :hm: )

also  :O_O: how the hell do you get that good at doing sprites

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Diokatsu

Quote from: Shadonking on April 21, 2009, 04:50:27 pm
I like that one, there is nothing like a good lycan sprite (i think its a lycan  :hm: )

Start with frankenspriting, and observing what professionals do. Then move on to spriting your own stuff, but keep comparing it to other professional work. Then you'll find your own way of doing things with others' help.

DeathLock

@Legacy: Its actually nothing, you're just really picky. XD

@Shadon: Not sure what it is myself, and thanks. ^_^

Quote from: legacybladeExperiment

To actually GET GOOD at spriting, you have to try things that may not work. If you're experiment turns out like crap, you can always scrap it. But rather than scraping it, see how you can improve it so it looks good. And while you're experimenting, why not make some n00bs happy? Go into a resource request forum, and find a request that sounds like something you'd want to do. For your first few sprites, try something simple, or you'll get discouraged. If it isn't perfect, most n00b projects won't ever see the light of day anyways, and at least you'll make them happy.

Shadonking

April 22, 2009, 09:32:26 am #38 Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:25:28 pm by Shadonking
Quote from: Diokatsu on April 21, 2009, 08:52:42 pm
Quote from: Shadonking on April 21, 2009, 04:50:27 pm

Start with frankenspriting, and observing what professionals do. Then move on to spriting your own stuff, but keep comparing it to other professional work. Then you'll find your own way of doing things with others' help.

i can frankensprite and im also good at recolouring but i suck at making sprites (and even worse at making poses :( ). but im sure i will get better the more practice i get.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

legacyblade

@DL, yup, I am very picky. I border on OCD. And woot, I got quoted ^_^

@Shadonking, If you're good at frankenspriting, but want to learn how to do things from scratch, here's what I did. I made MOST of a frankensprite, but I left off something simple, like say the pauldrons (the shoulder armor). Then I looked at the RTP sprites (fighter-04, to be particular) to see how others had made them. Then, after studying it, I closed my reference, and tried to make it myself. It turned out like crap, so I tried again. After a few try fail cycles, you'll get it. Other good practice is taking small pieces of various sprites that don't fit together without you editing them (aka, you'd have to shade some sections), and make it work. That's my advice, anyhoo. (plus the advice that was previously quoted)