BOOKS

Started by Vell, December 08, 2008, 08:01:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fallen Angel X

meh, w/e no school system is perfect D: And also, books are more epic win than Elizibethian English

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Fallen Angel X on December 09, 2008, 07:08:11 pm
meh, w/e no school system is perfect D:
That's so untrue! The Blizzard school system is so perfect that it's imperfect! *Cues in for discussion despite no discussion shall come from this subject therefore making this post dead-space or null. How beautiful*

*Mumble grumble grumble grumble*

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Vell

indeed. indeed they are.

*pets my Wheel of Time books*

Diokatsu

You people and your silly opinions. Neither can be better than the other or at least in the degree that things are normally compared. It would be silly to compare a picture and a piece of paper or a brush. Why compare the medium to the thing the medium creates?

Vell

well. a picture is more epic than paper or a brush because a picture can come about without the need of paper or a brush, just as books are more epic than Elly's english because books can be written without it.

see? :P

Fallen Angel X

Wow, I actually understood those last two posts. I think I've gone insane :'(

Diokatsu

*sign* It's foolish to make a comparision is all I'm saying. It's not better in it's entirety nor is it lesser.

Vell

I see you fail to see my point.

*INSERTRANDOMBURPHERE*

Fallen Angel X

Ah! So are you saying that the ABS contest is foolish too? Of course the situation is slightly different but it's a comparison nonetheless!

Vell

I feel like reading. *tosses on some moosic*

Fallen Angel X

What book are you going to read or are reading? :O.o:

Vell

Diokatsu

I understand your point Ulta it just isn't plausible. The picture is CREATED with the paper and brush or with another medium. You HAVE TO use a medium regardless of what you create. Otherwise you just have an idea. The expression doesn't surpass the medium because the expression is thusly limited BY the medium. The understanding of the medium is only limited by our talents and in itself has no known limits outside of what is implausible.

Fallen Angel X

So... is it a good book so far Ulta?

Vell

it is. but you fail to see it Dio.

a picture is more epic because aPaper and Brush aren't the ONLY Mediums that can be used. because theres more ways for a picture to exist than a paper and brush, if paper and brushes vanished, pictures would live on and continue to be made. just like now that elly's english is dead we still have new books.

Diokatsu

The arguement has evolved Ulta. Language is the greater medium. Just because you can write a book in Arabic or English doesn't make that book GREATER than the medium used. It just makes that book take advantage of a different medium.

Fallen Angel X

Well, now you're saying that language is a medium and that Elizibethian is more of a subdivision of that medium which completely changes the arguement ._. Which of course I don't even know what stating what I just said hopes to accomplish b/c it doesn't really do anything. Why are we debating again? All I said was books were more epic than the epic Elizibethian English... :wacko:

Diokatsu

Language is the TRUE medium of books. You were saying that books ar emore epic than Elizabethan English because they didn't HAVE to be written in it. This makes very little sense to me as the language a bookk can be written in is not lesser than any book. If the author chooses to use a different language than fine, but it doesn't mean that language was inferior but that the author hadn't skill in the other language.

Vell

whatever. im not talking about individual books, im talking about books in GENERAL. books in general are superior any one single thing, because they can be written without them. if one overall does not have need of a single thing, then the overall is superior to the single, even if without the overall that single thign is associated with is necessary.

I think we're arguing seperate debates here.

Diokatsu

I'm arguing that books have a dependance on languages to be expressed. The books that you mean I take it. So write a book without an words and we'll see how far you go. A book that you read on a daily basis that is. Picture books are of another quality altogether