Save problem

Started by danesopeezy89, December 13, 2008, 04:05:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

danesopeezy89

Hello, When I was testing my game out, I decided to save the game. But any time I'll save it will say "RGSS Player has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." and the wierd part is it actually saves  :O.o: but when I go to the save file this comes up " Script 'Scene_Load' line 77: EOFError occured
End of File reach." What's going on with my game?  :???:

Starrodkirby86

Are all your scripts in the right order?
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=23.0

Next up, do you perhaps have any script that is interfering with the Save stuff? I mean, a script that doesn't do any Save related works or isn't involved with those Scenes shouldn't be causing the problems, but one that is might.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

danesopeezy89

yeah, all of my scripts is in the right order. Plus, I don't have any save scripts. I also tried repairing it, uninstalling it, and reinstalling it. And I still get the same problem  :'(

Starrodkirby86

:'(

Try a new project to see if it works. If it doesn't, then it's something wrong with your computer.

It doesn't help that we don't have all your scripts...since we don't know your problem this way...Hm, you can always do a delete-one-script-see-what-happens method, but you better have a backup ready, and it's more trial and error. :x

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

danesopeezy89

aaahhhhh crud! I tried to make another project and the save actually works  :<_<: what should I do? Should I transfer all my data from my game to the new project? If i do, it's gonna take me forever >:(

Blizzard

Forget those savefiles. Just start a new game and try saving and then loading. It seems to me that you removed a script that had stuff to save earlier or you added a script that's not saving the data right or you added a script that tries to read data from old savefiles that doesn't exist in the old savefiles.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Punn

Ryex

The SDK would not cause a problem like this. ^^
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />