[XP] Quest Book

Started by Zeriab, December 15, 2008, 10:32:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zinx10

cool script...
can be very useful!

Calintz

Maybe I will take a look tonight, and see if I can come up with something...

Landith

@Exiled: Well, are you going to be using the save function before you get the poke'dex?
If not I could fix it up for you in about a min and you can turn it on/off with the save function.
If not someone else will have to help you, cause my knowledge in RGSS is very limited   :huh:

Btw Zeriab, great script!   
Best quest log or book for RMXP out there. :^_^':

Zinx10

Quote from: Landith on January 15, 2009, 08:18:59 pm
@Exiled: Well, are you going to be using the save function before you get the poke'dex?
If not I could fix it up for you in about a min and you can turn it on/off with the save function.
If not someone else will have to help you, cause my knowledge in RGSS is very limited   :huh:

Btw Zeriab, great script!   
Best quest log or book for RMXP out there. :^_^':

IT SURE IS THE SIMPLEST!

Landith

Not the simplest but it's user friendly so it's very easy to use :)

Calintz

I like that you can use your own pictures...

Zeriab

Thanks for all the nice comments you guys and girls. It means a lot :3

@Exiled:
Do you want it not to present in the menu at all or do you want to have it present, but just grayed out like if the save is disabled? Or perhaps grayed out and ??????? instead of pokedex when you don't have it?
Do you use any custom menu scripts? If so, which?

@Zinx10:
I am surprised and pleased that you consider my quest book as the simplest.
The logic for when quests are completed and visible are more complex than any other quest book/log script I have seen. The reason for this is most because I made it for a project where the quests had to be applied retrospectively. In other words a large portion of the game was already done and quests was registered with variables and switches.
I believe it means you consider it very user friendly (as Landith also said).
It seems the user friendliness suffered less from the complexity than I thought ^_^

Thanks alot again. You make me want to write more scripts :3

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Shadonking

this is the best quest book so far and iv tried many others. i also like the fact that you can make your own icons and backgrounds, also it seems to work with more scripts then the others do (that was a big problem till you posted this script) and it is also easy to use.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Zinx10

No problem Zeriab...all the other ones are very complicated...

G_G

This is actually the best Quest Book I've seen so far. Its amazing and does everything I need to.

Awesome Zeriab!

Blizzard

Luckily this makes it unnecessary that I create a quest logging system. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Exiled_by_choise

Sorry I haven't replied til now put I haven't been able to get online thanx for the help but I found a way to do it and it's done. :haha: :)

Zeriab

I am glad you got it to work and that you all like it.
If you ever have any problems with it just ask ^_^

@Blizz: No it doesn't. There are several other styles you can use for making a quest logging system.

Blizzard

No, yours is perfect! >8U I don't need to make one! >8U
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Shadonking

how many letters are needed in each line so that they are all white and are alined strait.

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Calintz

Is it possible to change the green to a separate color??
I think I even saw that you can replace the green with pictures too. Is that possible?

Zeriab

@Shadonking:
It depends on the default font.
If you are not using a fixed-width font then it depends on which letters you use. (By default you are not using a fixed-width font)
This unfortunately means that you have test each quest part to see if the line breaking fits.

@Calintz:
green? I see no green letters.
Can you mean the green rectangles?
If so then the answer is yes. They are simply pictures, not something I draw with code. Just replace them with any picture you want.
If not then I dunno. I need more information.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Calintz

No no no!!
That is exactly what I meant. I apologize for the unclear response.

This will be a great addition to my game! Thank you Zeriab.

Shadonking

okay i see, looks like i'll be testing it out a lot. o well. its still the best questbook though. :haha:

]

Hellfire Dragon

I've had this for a while and it's definetly the best quest book I found, oh and all the download links are broken :wacko: