Venture to the Dark Castle (Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by danesopeezy89, December 16, 2008, 07:10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

danesopeezy89

December 16, 2008, 07:10:54 pm Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:16:20 pm by danesopeezy89
Background Story

Background Story? I guess it doesn't have one.

Story

An evil king named Xenos want's to  take over the country. And in order to do that, he must take the princess's legendary power. Jack (the guy you play with) is planning to save her. In order to do that, he must four orbs. The orb of Earth, the orb of Wind, the orb of Water, and the orb of Fire. If you get all four orbs you will be able to go to the dark castle (Xenos's Castle) and save Megan. Do you think you can do it?  :<_<:

Characters

Jack

Class: Swordsman
Sex: Male
Character type: Playable character
Background story: Jack lives in a regular village in the forest getting special training from his master. then one day, Jack found out that the princess (Megan) has been kidnapped by Xenos. So now he is going to the dark castle to save his friend.

Sara

Class: Mage
Sex: Female
Character type: Playable Character
Background Story: Sara is a traveling mage and she thought she can go to Jacks village to get food. But she encounters a Beast and shes SOOO freaked out to fight it. Good thing Jack come's along.

Maria

Class: Cleric
Sex: Female
Character type: Playable Character
Background story: Believe it or not but Maria is Megan's little sister. Yup that's right!. But anyway, Maria was taught  how to use healing powers. Ever since her older sister Megan have been kidnapped by Xenos she has been practicing even more to go save her.
Jeff

Class: Archer
Character type: Playable character (yup, he join's you believe it or not)
Background story: Jeff is the little punk who let Jack goes on the DANGEROUS adventure by himself. Jeff lived in the same village as him, getting the same training as Jack. But when Info (NPC) tell's him about the princess being kidnapped, Jeff told Jack, that's when everything started.

Xenos

Class: A kidnapper (just kidding. Even I don't know his class.)
Character Type: Boss
Background story: Xenos ever since he found out that the princess has a power inside her, he thought he should take her power and take over the country.

Class Changing

Yup! I forgot to tell you guys but you can class change so I'm going to tell you the extra classes and what they can do.

Jack's Class Change

(Light class)
Lord: Lord usually means an owner of land, but for this game it means a fighter who has faith in himself and fights for those who depend on him.
Skills: Self healing powers and Light attacks

(Dark class)
Duelist: The only thing Duelist's think of is fighting, and killing. He want's to kill Xenos so badly so he can be stronger then anyone
Skills: Dark magic

Sara's Class Change

(Light class)
Grand Divina: The Grand Divina is the highest and purest class of magician. (When I upgrade the game I guess Im going to make her able to summon pets.)
Skills: Light Magic

(Dark class)
Magus: The Magus is a dark magician who took the wrong path when searching for the source of magic. (When I upgrade the game I guess Im going to make her able to summon monsters.)

Maria's Class Change

(Light class)
Bishop: The Bishop is the highest of the holy classes. She can use most Light spells, and can defeat undead monsters with her holy power.
Skills: Increase AI powers

(Dark class)
Evil shaman: Evil shaman was summoned by the evil spirits and was sent to destroy.
Skills: Decrease monsters powers

Note: I got the names from Seiken Densetsu 3.

Features

• Uses Blizz-ABS 2.10

• Uses ATES

• Uses Blizzards Resourses

• This game should be an hour-two hours

Download
]

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?y2l5jdlmgyy

Credit

Producers

Danesopeezy89

Graphics

Danesopeezy89
Blizzard
Default Rtp

Main engine

Enterbrain

Music

Default Rtp
CandyRat

Scripts

Blizzard

winkio (I know you said not to credit you but it is because of you my game is better  ;) )

Additional Blizz-ABS Graphics

Blizzard

Mapping

Danesopeezy89

Title Music

Mario 64 file select   :uhm:
Screenshots

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b944137144e6825d91b20cc0d07ba4d20a26a5301febbbab

http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img176/2756/pic2ft4.png

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img177/9067/pic4do7.png

http://imgcash1.imageshack.us/img360/5029/pic3mq9.png
Enjoy!!!

Aqua

Looks good!
I'll play it when I have more free time (like over the weekend)

Just a few minor formatting mistakes with your post.  

Also... "The orb of Earth, the orb of wind, the orb of water, and the orb of fire."  Shouldn't the other 3 elements be capitalized!?!

*thumbs up*

Starrodkirby86

December 16, 2008, 09:03:15 pm #2 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:23:59 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: Aqua on December 16, 2008, 07:27:34 pm
Also... "The orb of Earth, the orb of wind, the orb of water, and the orb of fire."  Shouldn't the other 3 elements be capitalized!?!
A bit on this in my eyes. XD Those others would be capitalized if they're a special name, which is more like "Orb of Wind" or something...I would assume so. The Earth that Dane is talking about here should probably be our world since he capitalized Earth. If he wasn't referring to that, then yeah, it's an error on his part...

I'll play it and if it passes 30 minutes, it goes into the Projects section. (Yes, I'm more business focused than play friendly)

EDIT: Having your project unencrypted is a good or bad thing. ;) It's good for looking in how you do your work, and it's good for me to check to see if it's long enough at a glance.

Anyway, this sort of RPG style is my favorite sort of grinding. =3 I loved leveling up to 5 in the first few maps (Just fighting those wolves). Anyway, it's great work, and a nice Blizz-ABS game, but it needs perfection. From what I noticed in Aqua, you have pretty minor grammatical errors. Let's go to the first dialog ever in the game and check for errors. All bolded words are errors.

Jeff: Jack! You have to save Megan from the castle. Lord Xenos have taken her so he can user her powers to take over the country!
Jack: Ok! I'm going there now!
Jack: ......
Jeff: Whats the matter?
Jack: Why don't you come? [Pickup line :naughty: ]
Jeff: !
Jeff: What are you, crazy!? I'm not strong enough to fight those monsters!
Jack: Your such a punk! (sigh) What ever I'm leaving now.
Jeff: Don't forget to take the items in the chest. There real important during your adventure!
Jack: Alright!
Jeff: Oh yeah, and one more thing.
Jack: Yes...
Jeff: Here is the controls.
Jack: Thanks, just what I needed.
Jeff: You should take this with you just incase you forget.

obtained
controls!

Not as bad as other games though. Mapping there are minor issues that are just cosmetic errors, but I have to unfortunately say that some of your best mapping is at the beginning. =/

Well, this is definitely good work though, movey movey. :)

EDIT2: Oh, and before I forget. There's a general rule among writing (from what I hear) about names. Main characters that have similar names are sometimes confusing to the reader and may detract the game's awesomeness overall. In this case, Jack and Jeff are pretty similar and it can get confusing. Though you can still keep them, just that someone not so focused may think Jack said what Jeff said. At least everyone in the game doesn't have a similar name, that would be horrifying.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

danesopeezy89

Thanks for telling me the errors in the game  :D I'll try to fix all the texting errors

Valcos

Sorry Dane... but im not sure if its just me but i cant do any dmg (maybe i dont got a weapon?..i cant tell cause I cant get to my menu) And I get an error when I press a certain button xD. So, I cant play the game atm. :^_^':
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

danesopeezy89

Quote from: Valcos on December 16, 2008, 11:10:51 pm
Sorry Dane... but im not sure if its just me but i cant do any dmg (maybe i dont got a weapon?..i cant tell cause I cant get to my menu) And I get an error when I press a certain button xD. So, I cant play the game atm. :^_^':

did you get the weapons in the box? it's strange you can't get to the menu. Did you try the pressing F button?

Valcos

Lol... never mind, it wasnt the game! I was something else that was wrong with it... its all good now. (Changed keyboards xD, wireless one was low on batteries and i got none)
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

December 16, 2008, 11:31:51 pm #7 Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:43:44 pm by Starrodkirby86
Quote from: danesopeezy89 on December 16, 2008, 11:16:40 pm
Quote from: Valcos on December 16, 2008, 11:10:51 pm

did you get the weapons in the box? it's strange you can't get to the menu. Did you try the pressing F button?
No, the game breaks when you press a button. This is what happened to me when I played, I pressed...somewhere around ZXCV, I cannot recall.

Before I forget once more:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Spoiler: ShowHide

Some minor errors. Correct them whenever...

And Aqua keeps bugging me to correct the sentence that talks about those orbs.
QuoteIn order to do that, he must four orbs. The orb of Earth, the orb of Wind, the orb of Water, and the orb of Fire.

You're missing a verb in the first sentence. Replace the period after "orbs." with a colon.

@Valcos: Strange. o.o

EDIT: I'm helping your game so, so much...

Credit winkio for the HUD. :) Though...I know you're being clever because winkio didn't credit himself for the making of the HUD, but credit him for mannerisms anyway.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Valcos

Okay, even though I fixed my keyboard... with my other one. I am still getting like errors everywhere (not everywhere but... -_-") Its to buggy for me, maybe on a patched version I'll play the rest xD!
-Oscar De La Hoya

danesopeezy89

lol, sorry for all the errors :haha: but dammit it ain't easy making a 2 hour game on you own ;) thanks again for telling me all the errors. this would make the game much better  :D

Ryex

dude you really need to go through your game and make sure it works. play through it your self for example. and do EVERYTHING there are places where you need to go buy mapping issues don't let you through. and one room in the wind cave with a box in it can't be exited because a telleport event dose not work. check your work before you release it to the public
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

danesopeezy89

sorry about that, I really wanted to release the game but I never really thought there was so many mistakes  :^_^':, I'll try to fix everything.

Blizzard

What about the beta test? Didn't people beta test your game and report a majority of the issues so far?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

danesopeezy89

yeah I fixed though, but i didn't think there would be alot more.  :P

Valcos

Well i guess you could call this release the open beta stage xD.
-Oscar De La Hoya

G_G

ummm could u upload it on sendspace or savefile my mom blocked rapidshare, megaupload, and mediafire when she caught me downloading stuff

Sally

Lord: Lord usually means an owner of land, but for this game it means a fighter who has faith in himself and fights for those who depend on him.

looks like someone knows his stuff... i just resently learned that in school :D

WhiteDemon15

No offense, danes, but this game has TOO many problems. All the enemies are passive, even the bosses are passive, the last boss has only 1 HP, Your dialouge was sort of confusing in some parts, most of the messages went over the the window and I couldn't read them there where some scipt errors, the events in the wind cave made the hero freeze (you should have made the move events ignore impossible moves), I didn't know how the bomb worked, I think you only worked on one spell (Fire had the only special traits, Thunder made me have to be right next to the enemy to use it), and there was no ending in the game, I beat it, and it says "Cannot find map 130." I looked in the game and found that you made every map a child of it (you should probably sort out the maps, make appropriate parents and childs, it makes it easier. If you don't know how parent maps and child maps work, then read the manual). You made it interesting, but if only the game was easier, challenging, and had an ending, it would be a great game. I saw what you're trying to come up with, though. It's probably your first game, is it? (If it is, it's better than mine)

Calintz

Landith

Yeah, but he should go through his mapping after the first few maps...
They get really dull and don't flow well at all.

Other than that, this is a good game made with Blizz-ABS :)