Venture to the Dark Castle (Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by danesopeezy89, December 16, 2008, 07:10:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Calintz

March 02, 2009, 09:01:04 pm #20 Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:10:50 pm by Calintz16438
I am downloading the DEMO...
I will remember that while I test it out.

EDIT
I can't do this, Lol. I know this is an example game, but man...you sure did let a hell of a lot slide.

You didn't animate the chests...The mapping IS HORRID. The fact that you use the "autorun event initialize" in the very beginning of the game causes a small glitch right from the get go. I suggest changing that to a parallel process...

Did you mention somewhere in this thread, that you don't use the HUD, because I tried to bring it up and the entire game crashed. I never got off of the first map. XD

If you update this game, and release a newer version, I will try again.

Blizzard

I'd combine parallel process and autorun for convenience.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Calintz

I agree 1000% with you Blizzard.
That is the way I do things...

EVERY map in my game has it's very own event in the top left corner set to parallel process, and titled "map settings." I choose the screen color tone, fog, weather, etc...and then end with the erase event command.

**This makes the screen settings initialize instantly, and with it being a separate event...you can do everything else without having any inconvenience at all... XD

danesopeezy89

I fixed most of the text errors. Sorry took to long.  :^_^':