What will happen?

Started by Valcos, December 21, 2008, 02:09:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Valcos Sexy?

Yes
Damn Straight
Smexy as hell!

Vell

will you come back after XP is in the dust and make another epic battle system?

Blizzard

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Valcos

Lol... so, B-ABS is ending after version 6.9 right?  :(. Or at least not any time soon?
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

winkio

Well, Blizz doesn't have too much farther to go, I think 3.0 or 4.0 should be enough.  Basically, once he gets a real job (aka career job), he's gonna wrap this stuff up (or at least that's what I've been feeling.)  And I definitely don't blame him.  I would do the same thing.  Which leads me to another question:  Blizz, when are you done with college?  (assuming you pass all your stuff)

Vell

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on December 21, 2008, 05:12:17 pm
Basically, once he gets a real job (aka career job), he's gonna wrap this stuff up (or at least that's what I've been feeling.)

*cough* <_<; I already have a job and I'm still here as you can see.

Quote from: winkio on December 21, 2008, 05:12:17 pm
Blizz, when are you done with college?  (assuming you pass all your stuff)

I should get my master degree in 1.5 years. I'll be 23 when I'm done. o.o

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

you should make a catalogue, or a magazine.

winkio

Oh wow, so you're doing your masters while working.  That's what a lot of people (that I know) do over here in the states too.  Well, good luck with all that stuff.  And nice, 23.  My little brother is graduating high school at 16 (his birthday is like a week after graduation, but still.)

Fantasist

Quote from: WinkioWell, Blizz doesn't have too much farther to go, I think 3.0 or 4.0 should be enough.  Basically, once he gets a real job (aka career job), he's gonna wrap this stuff up (or at least that's what I've been feeling.)  And I definitely don't blame him.  I would do the same thing.  Which leads me to another question:  Blizz, when are you done with college?  (assuming you pass all your stuff)

I agree on that. RMXP is but a very VERY small thing for true computer engineers (and the like), it's just a hobby, and we'll have to grow over it someday. Let's face it, if a programmer is really serious about making a good RPG, they might have to make their own engine or use a more powerful one. Anyway, I'd only miss Bliz if he stops posting and that's not gonna happen for a long long time.

Quote from: BlizzardAlso, somebody will continue working on Blizz-ABS. There will probably be many people doing that. ._. In any case it won't be the "Normal" Edition of Blizz-ABS anymore then. People will have to create their own editions from the base edition that I will provide as final and complete system.

When I completely comprehend that amazing system, I might be releasing many addons. Since it's well-commented and all, I'll give it a shot sometime.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

Quote from: winkio on December 22, 2008, 09:27:21 am
Oh wow, so you're doing your masters while working.  That's what a lot of people (that I know) do over here in the states too.  Well, good luck with all that stuff.  And nice, 23.  My little brother is graduating high school at 16 (his birthday is like a week after graduation, but still.)

My 24th birthday should be around a month after graduation. ... but still. xD

Quote from: Fantasist on December 22, 2008, 10:06:08 am
Quote from: BlizzardAlso, somebody will continue working on Blizz-ABS. There will probably be many people doing that. ._. In any case it won't be the "Normal" Edition of Blizz-ABS anymore then. People will have to create their own editions from the base edition that I will provide as final and complete system.

When I completely comprehend that amazing system, I might be releasing many addons. Since it's well-commented and all, I'll give it a shot sometime.

Best you skip the AI part and pixel movement in the beginning. The AI's code is messy because there is no other way. I think I also noticed that the AI became to heavy-weight. I'll have to optimize it. =/

winkio

Yes i remember trying to gut parts of your AI a little while ago and it didn't go very well.

Fantasist

Quote from: BlizzardBest you skip the AI part and pixel movement in the beginning. The AI's code is messy because there is no other way. I think I also noticed that the AI became to heavy-weight. I'll have to optimize it. =/

Quote from: WinkioYes i remember trying to gut parts of your AI a little while ago and it didn't go very well.

Oooh, curious, very curious...
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

shdwlink1993

Quote from: Blizzard on December 21, 2008, 10:52:47 am
I'll still be around posting and stuff.

That's a relief.

Quote from: Blizzard on December 21, 2008, 10:52:47 am
I'll upload my entire script hoard for everybody to download and continue my work.

No doubt the biggest collection of the best-est scripts out there.

Quote from: Blizzard on December 21, 2008, 12:02:15 pm
I think shdw will step into my shoes.

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on December 21, 2008, 12:21:49 pm
You know, I would like shdw to be the successor, in a way. He's already a darn good scripter as is, he just needs to get better.

Gosh, guys. I'm blushing here. :shy:

Quote from: Diokatsu on December 21, 2008, 12:11:58 pm
I agree with winkio in Blizz will not have any single successor, but multiple. The admin of the forums should most likey be someone who has been here for a long time, knows the ropes and isn't afraid to take charge. Maybe Starrodkirby...He's at least active enough to be an admin and he's definately used his modding powers successfully.

Totally agree with you here, Dio. There shouldn't be a single successor by any means. Some people are better at scripting certain things than others. And, yea, if there ever needed to be another admin, SRK would be a great one (I hope...)

Quote from: Fantasist on December 22, 2008, 10:06:08 am

I would have said this, but since you already did, I'll just say what you said. xD
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Valcos

All this makes me happy  :haha:! But, seriously, actually knowing that there is a chance for any of you to continue this stuff after Blizz is done with it, is a sigh of relief. Honestly though, thinking about it... i dont know how much longer im going to be here myself  :roll:.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

You don't need to be into RPG Maker to fully enjoy this site. I don't use it so very often, yet I'm a very active user. :P I still have knowledge, but I just never use RPG Maker. You can just hang around the cool threads here...It's all one big hangout. :3

Looking into the future is rather stupid though. I say we all just see what happens from here and not predict... But I don't want this to eventually turn into a debate about premonitions, philosophies, and all that hooby-glabber no wants to hear. ._.;

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

winkio

Yeah, I think we've had enough discussion in this thread that we can leave it be?

Blizzard

Yeah. I'm not a person who likes talking about himself too much anyway. People usually soon start feeling inferior. ._.;

Valcos

Yeah... i think its good  :^_^':. We got what needed to be said.
-Oscar De La Hoya

Vell

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: UltaFlame on January 05, 2009, 02:52:37 pm
:insertlockhereplz:
What's this about a lock? *cocks lock of doom*  :lock:

Someone better post before this lock! :V:

The topic owner, Valcos, may open this thread again by asking me or any other moderator or administrator if there's any further discussion needed on this subject. But I doubt it, unless we want to see Braggadocio Blizzard in action.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).