[XP] Ryex's Collapsing CMS (V2.50 is out!)

Started by Ryex, December 23, 2008, 12:35:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryex

UPDATE! THE OPTION MENU HAS BEEN ADDED AS WELL AS SOME OTHER THINGS CHECK IT OUT TODAY!! :P
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fugibo

Two things:

1) Unless you're doing it on purpose, $Scene should be $scene.
2) My comments don't make sense anymore, you should delete them from the PlugIn class.
3) $RyexCOLCMS would be easier to read as $RyexCollCMS (just a small suggestion)

And the plugin code would look better like this:

if $RyexCollCMS # If you are using Ryexander's CMS
  plugin = PlugIn.new(<name>, <desc>) do
    # Your Code Here
  end

RyexCFG::PLUGINS.push plugin
end
But that's purely aesthetic. Don't worry about plugin being a variable; that will be fixed in GC as soon as the script is loaded.

Ryex

Quote from: WcW on May 18, 2009, 08:22:56 pm
Two things:

1) Unless you're doing it on purpose, $Scene should be $scene.
2) My comments don't make sense anymore, you should delete them from the PlugIn class.
3) $RyexCOLCMS would be easier to read as $RyexCollCMS (just a small suggestion)

And the plugin code would look better like this:

if $RyexCollCMS # If you are using Ryexander's CMS
  plugin = PlugIn.new(<name>, <desc>) do
    # Your Code Here
  end

RyexCFG::PLUGINS.push plugin
end
But that's purely aesthetic. Don't worry about plugin being a variable; that will be fixed in GC as soon as the script is loaded.

1)Where are you seeing $Scene?
2)true but I don't feel like editing them out right now I will in the next update (IE. if some one finds a bug or I want to clean up the code.)
3)nitpicky are we? :P
4)nitpicky are we? :P
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

fugibo

I like my code pretty.

And you put $Scene in the example config scriptlet (which is right above my code).

Ryex

Quote from: WcW on May 18, 2009, 08:32:14 pm
And you put $Scene in the example config scriptlet (which is right above my code).

I did? *Looks* stupid me. :P

fugibo

Ssshhh! Quick, go retcon it before someone notices >:V

Ryex

fugibo

I was telling you to silently update the script with those minor fixes, not spamming.

Ryex

Calintz

May 31, 2009, 08:17:45 pm #49 Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:22:55 pm by Calintz16438
Well, the DEMO says it's missing the .dll file to run the RGSS, so I can't play that, but from your screenshots I can see that you have done a lot of work since the last time I checked it.

Hmm...I don't like the windowskin, Lol, but that's irrelevant.
I do question your Elemental and Status Resistance sections though. Will they support more afflictions than what you have presented in your screenshots, or will they cause a graphics error of some sort?? Would you be interested in having the menu display icons to show those status and elemental attributes instead of text??

Personally, I would increase the font size of the character's display name by a couple points in all of the windows where it appears. Also, I would give the Hero's name a separate font and add a module to make it easily accessible and easily modified. You could add a module for the Font size too if you do it.

Lastly, I would find some way to merge the item, gold, and command windows together in the original menu display.
Other than those few things, I think this system is gorgeous. Great job Ryexander.

C.C. rOyAl

would this work if i had more than 4 members in my party?
Spoiler: ShowHide

Ryex

technically no as the interface would only work for the first 4 members

C.C. rOyAl

would i be able to edit in the script? i have minor scriot experience but im best with windows

Ryex

you could... but the status bar on the main screen would sill only show the first four actors and changing how it looks wouldn't be a good idea as it would get squished pretty fast I suggest finding another menu because this one is also more complex than other systems and is harder to edit

C.C. rOyAl

FenrisHalo

This is clearly the BEST collapsing CMS that excists. It looks really sweet and doesn't have all kinds of wierdly-placed windows that clutter the screen. So, clearly the best. I am without ANY type of ANY doubt using this!
<a href="http://plunkit.webs.com/">I have to admit, this looks sweet xD</a>

Ryex

thank you for the complements! :haha:
note that I'm going to be updating this script with some new stuff eventually so make sure you check back every month or so

Maccers

I have to say this is pretty neat :P

I was just wondering Ryex, what part of the script would i need to change if i want to change the Icons? obviously it would be the names of them but where abouts is that, and do i just replace it with the name of the icon i want it to use?..

Thanks in advance.

Ryex

the config is fairly self explanatory just replace the names in the config with the name of the icon that your want to replace it with, or alternately rename the icons you want in there with the names in the config

Maccers

Alright, i got it!

Thanks a lot mate, love this CMS, probably the best ive seen while looking around for one, the are a few with nicer designs, but none function as good as this.

Thanks again.