Signiture Buttons

Started by Memor-X, December 29, 2008, 09:53:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Memor-X

i've notice everyone in the signitures have those little buttons, primery example is Blizzards one for Chaos Project, just wondering, how does everyone make them since everyone seems to have the same size, the same font and clear text, and most have that same background Blizzard's one has

Starrodkirby86

December 29, 2008, 10:34:22 pm #1 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 03:40:23 pm by Starrodkirby86
These "signature buttons" are known as userbars. Here is a definition of what a userbar is from Userbars.com (Corny name, yes).

Quote from: http://www.userbars.com/What are userbars? Userbars (aka Signature Bars, Sig Bars or User Bars) are a specific type of forum signature that are 350 pixels wide and 19 pixels high that many forum community, email and social network (such as MySpace or Facebook) users attach to their signature, comments or website to express their personality and interests. Much like a cellphone ringtone does in the real world a userbar makes your posts unique. Userbars have become almost as common place as forum avatars and emoticons. There is a userbar sig for every conceivable subject from video games to music to tv shows and movies. Userbars are usually created with image manipulation software such as Photoshop or Gimp (see our Tutorials), but you may also use the online Userbar Designer or request that one of our designers create one for you.

You can either create Photoshop/GIMP Userbars as said on the site or generate them through sites such as this one.

For a list of tutorials, visit this link:
http://www.userbars.com/content_tutorials.html

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

December 30, 2008, 07:38:21 am #2 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 07:40:03 am by Blizzard
Wait, WHAT?! O_O There is a SITE FOR THIS?! O_O And I made mine completely myself... *feels incredibly stupid*
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Wait... you didn't know about it..? I'm surprised XD
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

No, I usually do my photoshop stuff myself. ._.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

tSwitch

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

Vell

i never wanted one so i never asked Houshi if he knew a place. hence i had no idea.

Memor-X

December 30, 2008, 06:50:23 pm #7 Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 06:53:05 pm by Memor-X
i tried playing with the generator a bit, i had a crack in doing it myself but could never get the bloody text right (or the gradient) but failed, the generator make it so much easier