Tactical RPG Editor 2/3

Started by GAX, October 04, 2008, 05:04:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Okay, so I don't know if anyone's heard of this program, but I found it a while back when I was searching on the net.  It's pretty much a game editor that lets you make games that look EXACTLY like the original Final Fantasy Tactics.  Now, this is a holy grail for tactical RPG lovers like myself, a game engine that is perfect for all kinds of projects.  So, I figured I'd ask the general public for some assistance.  I've looked on the net and only found one refference to the program having an english translation, the Tactical RPG Editor 2 which was translated by a guy calling himself Megaman.  If anyone has a copy of this, would you let me know?

After it's obtained, we could probably start a little discussion of the engine topic.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Blizzard

I don't have a copy, but have you tried http://www.torrentz.com yet? You can find loads of stuff there. Also, have you tried googling it?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Diokatsu

Yeah...I tried that, only to be let down. I've been searching all the torrent sites and some warez sites but I can't even find a Japanese copy, no less an English rip.

GAX

Yeah, this program is pretty ellusive.  you can find version 3's demo at www.hitpoints.net, but that's it.  I've got a friend trying to get the japanese demo to work, but so far no status on that.

There was a group on Creation Asylum who was translating it and one person who had a copy of the original japanese one, but the person hasn't responded to a PM and the translation group has gone inactive and the partially-translated program disappeared.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

shdwlink1993

Just in case you were wondering, Megaman8x, along with all his translations, hang around www.rpgcrisis.net. :D
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Vell

well thats helpful.

hey, Gaxxy, do you suppose this thing can help in making Fire Emblem-esque games?

G_G

Here ya go. A link straight to the topic. You'll have to sign-up first then click view file. Then download the maker. Its downloading for me right now.
http://rpgcrisis.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=106&pid=352&st=0&#entry352