[RESOLVED]Gold = Variable not working

Started by Hellfire Dragon, January 01, 2009, 11:14:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire Dragon

January 01, 2009, 11:14:58 am Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 11:35:45 am by Hellfire Dragon
I'm trying to tie the player's gold with a variable so that the variable will be same as the gold. I set something like up before but it was tieing the player's hp to a variable. Now my problem is, even though I set it the same as the one with the hp it isn't working.
Spoiler: ShowHide

Starrodkirby86

1) Try a different variable value. Maybe this Variable 002 is being used somewhere else that you don't know.
2) The Common Event is working, right?

I did variable operations on a fresh new project, and it works fine. I can only think of something else using that variable you have at the moment, so change it.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Hellfire Dragon

Quote1) Try a different variable value. Maybe this Variable 002 is being used somewhere else that you don't know.

Still happening. This a new project I made for an event system I'm making.

Quote2) The Common Event is working, right?

Yep, everything else is working fine in it.

The only time I'm using it is when I'm checking wheather another variable is greater than that one and when I'm adding or subtracting from it.

Starrodkirby86

Let's hope the player actually has some gold before making the following transactions. :V:

I wouldn't know what to do from here since I'm unsure of the Event System being taken place, but I'll see what I can do and check if the Variable will record when I launch the Common Event, or something like that. Hmm...it records for me...Is it possibly something that is occurring through your eventing?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

winkio

The way you set the variable to the gold is completely correct, so look at the rest of your event system.

Hellfire Dragon

I see nothing wrong with it, unless I'm misssing something, I use 3 common events in the bank system I'm making, here's the screens;

Anyone else see anything wrong?

Starrodkirby86

See if the first Variable Operation in the "Bank" Common Event records gold...That Check money status choice seems to be a good indicator, or you can just use the F9 Database. :P

I don't see anything totally kooky, but then again I never evented in a while and I never was around using Exit Event Processing...

KRoP

The only thing that I could think of not working is that the gold variable might have to be updated every time the amount of gold you have changees.  And even then, I'm not sure that would happen.

Sally

January 02, 2009, 10:15:25 am #8 Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 10:25:43 am by Susys
you have to update your gold variable everytime you make a withdrawl or deposit

is this in xp or vx? if its in vx then can you make me a demo and ill take a look.

EDIT: i started to make your event system in my program, and i found your problem, you never subtract your golgd ammount in your event, you sutract your variable but not your gold. gimmi a sec and ill take ss of what i modified on your event.

Hellfire Dragon

It's for xp. Well I have the gold variable updating every time now and everything seems to working fine except the system is only effecting the variables so it isn't adding or subtracting gold :/

Sally

January 02, 2009, 10:26:14 am #10 Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 06:16:46 pm by Starrodkirby86
i started to make your event system in my program, and i found your problem, you never subtract your golgd ammount in your event, you sutract your variable but not your gold. gimmi a sec and ill take ss of what i modified on your event.
ok i got it to work, heres screenshots,

Hellfire Dragon

Thanks Susys ;) Resolved. I'm posting this over at the event system now

Sally