Mercury's Lute: Beginning Of Time Project Team

Started by medic4l, January 09, 2009, 10:17:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

medic4l

January 09, 2009, 10:17:17 am Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:16:22 pm by medic4l
Welcome to Mercurys Lute: Beginning Of Time's project team recruitment page! The team will be comprised of dedicated game creaters / team members who want to make that RPG they have always dreamed of. I know you have played an RPG and thought, "If I made one it would be 10 times better!". Well, trust me it's hard to do that on your own. Joining this team means you won't be on your own. It also means when you get stuck or recieve a mental block from the RPG gods you will have members to help you out. Because trust me, game making can get VERY LONELY, and boring during some of the parts.

Updates

Spoiler: ShowHide

1-11-09 - New Sideview Battle System
1-11-09 - Steal Skill
1-11-09 - Multi Attack skills
1-11-09 - 2 Hand / Duel Weapons
1-11-09 - Transform Ability
1-11-09 - Overdrive Feature
1-11-09 - Friend / Item throw skill
1-11-09 - 3 Accessory Slots
1-11-09 - Back / Pre Emptive Attacks
1-11-09 - Monster Database
1-10-09 - Custom Message System
1-10-09 - Mouse Movement Available
1-09-09 - Added 2 new members to the project.
1-07-09 - Begain working on the project

Working On...

Adding 250+ Enemies
Adding 400+ Equiptable Items
Adding Skill Learning System
Finishing Overdrive System
Ability To Have A Defeated Enemy Fight For You

Requirments
[spoiler]
*RPG Maker XP.
*Some knowledge in the area you with to work in.
*Dedication to making a great RPG.
*A good attitude and the ability to help one another out.

Now this is a project we will start from scratch. We will also need to decide together on a battle system to use. We can use a pre-made one (Such as Blizzard, Sideview BS, etc.) or ask our scripter (when we get one  :)) to customize or make one. Everything will be a team development and no one has more say so then the other.

The Basic Storyline

Mercury's Lute: Beginning Of Time

This is a story about lust and giving in to destiny. The story is about a lost Warrior, He knows the tales and folklore of his past, but doesn't remember much. He also knows that a townsfolk prophet explained to his parents that he would come to stop the world from ending and build a new begaining. Everyone exiled her sayings and she was soon banned from the village on grounds of treason to her villagers. The only thing left behind in her torn apart hut was a letter, to the warrior. The truth of her vision soon comes when a alchemest, after loosing his family to a rare illness, spends his life studying it to inflict it upon the world. Now, only the warrior, with few hints from the prophet can stop this from happening. Ever since, the sickness has spread, rabid and wild creatures have been lured up from the plains of destruction. Now it isn't even safe to leave the village at night, but more deadly to try and reach a town almost on the other side of the world.

Your adventure will bring you many things. Joy, anger, frustration, and more. It will introduce you to companions and enemys alike. From the go-happy novice alchemest to the strong willed, yet irratable archer. Even with your ability to choose, and recruit your own party members, to fight or to run, to depend on luck or skill, is it enough to overcome the odds? Is it enough to write the beginning of time? Only you can answer that!

The Game Development Team

Main Development
Medic4l

Story Writing Team
Medic4l
Legacyblade

Even Team
Game_Guy

Mapping Team
Medic4l

Database Team (items, skills, classes, etc.)
Medic4l

Enemy Equalizing Team (Enemy stats, drops, exp, etc)
Medic4l

Scripting Team
Game_Guy

Music Team

Graphics Team (spriting, etc)

General Advice Team (Feedback on anything in the game development)
Starrodkirby86

Game Testers (Not Needed ATM)

Wanting To Join Our Team? Post or Pm me this form!

Areas you wish to join?
Skill level in each area?
Sample of your work in each area?
Amount of time to spend on this project (To judge how many I will need in each area)

To everyone joining the team, Thank you. Also, to all those just reading this, thank you also for taking your time and showing support. Looking foward to our future game, and hope for more to come.

**ATTENTION**

To anyone wishing to join the Team or support our game please add this to your signature

[font=Verdana][color=blue][center][img]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii255/capsizez/MLCP-2.png
[/img]
[color=blue]Mercury's Lute: Beginning Of Time Project Team
Join Now!
[url="http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2464.0"]Recruitment Forum Thread[/url][/center]

It will look like this

Mercury's Lute: Beginning Of Time Project Team
Join Now!
Recruitment Forum Thread

Aqua

Sorry... won't have time to join.

But... Is the typo in the title on purpose?

It's spelled "Beginning"

legacyblade

I'd like to help with the story. I'm swamped with schoolwork, so i can't help with much else, but offering story help would be fun

medic4l

Check time of thread... spelling error was accident =)

G_G

I can help. I can assure you I won't be exactly helpful 24/7. Don't expect me to be a full fledged helper because homework is starting to pick up so I'll help when I can.  :)

Areas I Want To Join: Eventing and Scripting
Skill Level In Areas: Intermediate Eventer maybe a little better or worse than I think. I can script menu's and windows nothing else.

Look at my Enhanced Customizable Advanced Menu
I've made a multi-memory card slot script but its not public yet.
I have a few event systems I made.

Like I said I'll help when I can but I'm getting we've been getting alot more homework at my school lately.

medic4l

January 11, 2009, 02:25:09 pm #5 Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:54:16 pm by Starrodkirby86
Game_guy pm me your yahoo,MSN, or AIM screen name.

EDIT: Several new updates made. First demo should be out before FEB.

Daxisheart

Well, I'm bored...
I can join as a story writer(My calling) or mapper.
For an example of my work, check out http://www.rmxp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59100.0. Download the demo of the game, and check the mapping.(I know, 120 mb is huge...)
I can do only part time, and only part time. If you have an assignment to do, you can get it to me. Don't expect a dungeon in three days, though...
I can't do one scene town maps(like 100 by 100 towns), or towns in general.
"Oh hey look godless stuff": ShowHide
What is really, really interesting is that while Abrahamic Christians give so much importance to their own free will, by their very definition of their God they deprive Him of free will.
The concept that He is not human and thus not derive the same morals as us really does not work. If his idea of morality, good or evil, is beyond us, is beyond our comprehension, why should we care? If he judges that not saving a woman from being raped a murdered a moral decision, then we should still trust him?
god i am such an atheist asshole.

I am on such a coolkid atheist rampage this week.

Landith

I would like to help with whatever I could, mapping, eventing, and spriting(I'm still learning though)

If you want to see some of my work then PM or IM me via MSN.

Calintz

could you post some screenies of your battle system?

G_G

we will get to you as soon as we get a hold of Medic4lz. He's been busier than hell lately and its hard to get a hold of him.

if you need to contact me my msn is
gameguy27@live.com