[Hard] Save to Network Folder

Started by jcsnider, January 09, 2009, 04:09:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcsnider

Ok I am kinda looking to a re-write of part of the save system, so basically, it would save to a network folder, which I will have 1 folder on my server able to access and maybe like ftp://(website)/username/save1.rxdata

Where the website is the folder and the username would be the username of the player in my game since I am using netplay... I can really give exact info at the time, that would just be an example, I would like the idea of ftp but I dont think that would be the best way to go... or maybe even a separet ruby server in which gets the username and file, creates the folder, puts the save in it, and then also sends the file when the client request it or something...

You get the idea...

Anyone able to help? I know this one will be hard xD

(I wrote a vb6 program that basically you make an account, the server makes the folder, you login and it sends the data from folder (if any) then you play the game, the vb6 dissapares but is still running.... waits for the game to stop and then sends the save back, but it is very bugging considering I am not too good a vb6 either but I am gettin there)