Cave Story ~ Doukutsu Monogatari

Started by Starrodkirby86, January 14, 2009, 01:23:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KRoP

It's probably the first?  I dunno but since I usually suck at any game that takes skill (how many weeks did it take to even get through Sacred Ground? @_@) and since the nearest save point is back in the little house place, even with a walkthrough I've only ended up getting to his third form once.

Starrodkirby86

Yeah...but you'll get better. I mean, I bet you ace through the first floor by now, right? :) You thought of a way to navigate with the Booster. See? That's strategizing. All you need to do is go on with that and everything will be all dandy and fine.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

KRoP

On the hilarious contrary, I only get through the first floor half the time, but if I get through that I always make it to Ballos.  This may be because at the beginning of B3, there are two hearts that respawn when you leave and enter the room again, essentially restoring all your health.  This means all the other hearts at the beginning of the level are surplus and I can just go back and collect those when I get damaged enough.  That's about the limit to my strategy. :x

KRoP

March 18, 2009, 04:41:11 pm #63 Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:49:07 pm by KRoP
  Sweet, I've finally beat the game.  Took me long enough. :l
The ending is kind of lame though.

Starrodkirby86

Well what do you want for an ending?

There are three endings you can follow...
Bad Ending: ShowHide

You escape with Kazuma with the doctor ready to unleash his Mimiga army against Earth. But you don't mind. You're safe in the mountains somewhere living with Kazuma.

Normal Ending: ShowHide
You get taken by Kazuma and Sue as the island beings to collapse because of the dead core. The Doctor is gone, but there may be a new ruler soon...

Super Sweet Awesome Ending: ShowHide
Ballos is gone and woohoo, the crown is destroyed. All the curse crap is lifted and you live peacefully with Curly and Balrog at who-knows-where.

The OTHER Ending: ShowHide

Personally I like the other ending. :3

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Diokatsu

That 4th ending was so hard to get :/

I think I ended up with it out of sheer luck, but I did kinda make some leaps of faith and had some general idea of where they might lead to.

KRoP

Quote from: Diokatsu on March 19, 2009, 05:36:20 pm

Wait that last part of Star's post was at least partially serious?

Diokatsu

Quote from: KRoP on March 21, 2009, 11:47:06 am
Quote from: Diokatsu on March 19, 2009, 05:36:20 pm

Wait that last part of Star's post was at least partially serious?

Sarcasm...