The Tales Games

Started by G_G, January 21, 2009, 07:57:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

January 21, 2009, 07:57:16 pm Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:13:17 pm by game_guy
I believe the Tales Of "" Games are the most awesome RPG ever!

Now I know theres quite a few and I've only played 4. Tell me what you think about previous ones, current ones, or new coming ones, or ones you've played.

Tales Of Destiny[Ps1]
First Tales game I played. I never beat it but once I got into a battle I fell in love with the game! The day after the first day I played it, my little brother accidently spilled water on it. So I can't really tell much about it.

Tales of Symphonia[GameCube]
I saw this game at the store when it first came out and begged my dad to get it! Of course we didn't realize it was for the gamecube. At the time we didnt have one. So I couldn't play it. The next day m y dad was going to bring it back, the game, but instead bought me a gamecube. I Played it and I fell in love with it too!

The tricky puzzles, cool spells, fun side quests, characters, battle system, and the twisting plot. Probably the best game I've ever played! I beat the game the first month I played it and beat it again. And again and again until I got it cleared exactly 22 times. Thats how much I loved it.
Read if you want so spoil some story: ShowHide

How Kratos was Lloyd's father shocked the fuck out of me!  8-O
The whole "Chosen One" was all a big setup to revive Martel. Angels were the badguys. And the ending was awesome just like the whole game.

One of my most favorite parts was when I went to this spa and Zelos was spying on the girls. Lloyd went and checked to see what he was up to. Zelos ran girls saw Llyod then he got the title of Peeping Tom. I laughed my ass off!

Tales of the Abyss[Ps2]
Anyways this game got ruined as well. In fact I got this game on christmas. Of course you can assume who ruined it. (My big asshole of a brother) My dad's at work alot so he couldn't buy me a new one and my mom wouldn't because she thinks video games poison the mind's of children. My brother gets grounded everytime he ruins something.(All because I called his stupid girlfriend and she's a natural blonde a bitch)

Okay but I liked the game. It was awesome! New story and new characters. I got far in just the little bit of time I had it but I loved how the story was unfolding and twisitng. Asche was actually the Prince while Luke was just a clone shocked the fuck out of me.8-O

I also liked the new Field of Aether feature. The game was awesome!

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World (This is part 2)[Wii]
Okay I got this for christmas too. Luckily its not ruined but I got it with a wii. (Okay I sound spoiled and it also sounds like my brothers got shit right wrong. My big bro got an xbox 360 and my little brother got a psp and they both got some games) Anyways only played it a little haven't had much time too. Anyways the new capture monsters is fun. You can capture monsters and put them in your party and they help you fight. Its awesome. That and its got a wierd beginning.

Lloyd is in this town and he kills innocent people this shocked the fuck out of me! 8-O
I haven't had much time to play the game so I have no idea why he would? THe character you play is umm. (Fuck can't remember oh well) Anyways from what I've played this game is fun!

All above games are the ones I played. Below are some other ones
Other Tales Games
Tales of Legendia[PSP]

Tales of Eternia [PSP]

Tales of Vesperia[XBOX360]

Tales of Tempest[DS]

Tales of Rebirth[PSp]

Tales of Destiny 2[PSP]

Tale of Rebirth[PS2]

Tales of Destiny 2[Ps1]

Tales of Destiny[PS2]

Tales of Phantasia[Ps1]

Tales of Fandom Vol.2 [PS2]

And one thing I didn't know is they remade Destiny 1 and 2 for ps2 I played the first one for the ps1.

And theres more I know it! I saw a whole bunch on Game Spot. Search "tales of" with quotes

Starrodkirby86

Hey man, there are some people who haven't played the game but are still interested in it, but don't want to be spoiled with Luke and Kratos's relationship.

You're missing the Tales of the World games and you're missing Tales of Fandom. :P Makes me giggle. What's the worst it that you missed a mothership game, the first one...Tales of Phantasia. -_-; It was on the SNES and PS1...and remade into GBA.

Nevertheless, you should give a spoiler warning to not ruin people who are still trying to beat the game. If not, then I'll spoil it all for you as well.

(By the way your post almost sounds like you're parodying a Tales fan. :P)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

Well I haven't heard of them sorry. Want me to post them up?

Aqua

You shouldn't spoiler the story without prior warning/spoiler tags... ^.^

Anyway!!!

ToS:  Sheena & Presea <3333

ToA:  zOMA Anise and Mieu <3333
Hehe... ToA wasn't as fun as ToS (but still a lot), but it had cool features like Field of Fonons.
(Lol... My system is called Field of Aether :P)

ToS2:  The guy's name is Emil.  And Marta <333333
Mmm... this game had a lot of potential but... all of Namco's money went to Tales of Vesperia instead of this! D:
It's really not fun that you only get 2 playable characters...  True that you get to use the old Tales people, but they are waaaaay underleveled >.>
It's also really fun to raise uberly strong pets that pwn everything in the way.
Orion + Blade Rex + Fenia + Phoenix = Major PWNAGE!

:)

Starrodkirby86

Surprising. Maybe because Nintendo didn't get a lot of Namco love in the US.
Tales of Phantasia:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Tales of the World...That's a hybrid game. Basically they stick as much Tales characters and crap and merge them all together to make an ultimate RPG. All of them so far are in Japan except for the latest one coming for PSP soon (In US!).

Tales of Fandom, which is just a Japanese-only game of minigames, backstory, and sexiness of all your favorite Tales Characters. Vol. 1 is Destiny and Phantasia mostly, Vol. 2 is Symphonia and Abyss (Mostly).

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!

G_G

January 21, 2009, 08:08:42 pm #5 Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:13:37 pm by game_guy
Add warning spoilage. Only read them if you want to spoil the story for yourself.

Will add more tales games links

EDIT: Added some more games.

Blizzard

HOLY CRAP, HOW MANY TALES OF GAMES ARE THERE?! O_O

I only played Tales of Phantasia and I liked it. I never came around playing the others.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

There's quite a few tales games and I'm going to get Tales of Vesperia soon!

Yes can't wait. Now all I have to do is beg my brother to let me play his xbox360 when I get it.

shdwlink1993

Quote from: Blizzard on January 22, 2009, 06:20:42 am

Tales #13 is coming out for the Wii soon. O_O
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Starrodkirby86

Oh right, I just remembered another Tales game...Tales of Hearts. It had some CG pictures as well as regular anime stuff...And I recalled a lot of characters with the last name of Hearts...

I don't really have any fond memories of looking at the place. The CG pictures looked like something from Final Fantasy.

Quote from: shdwlink1993 on January 22, 2009, 07:18:00 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on January 22, 2009, 06:20:42 am

Tales #13 is coming out for the Wii soon. O_O
Isn't that insane? :P

G_G

I have one of the tales games for the wii.
Playing right now but currently stuck on a part.

Maybe someone can help?

Anyways I'm at the Stone Dais Underground Ruins in Asgard. I'm killing these golems that are blocking doors and when I kill them I get to this one door and get teleported back ot the beginning of the room.

Man I hate tricky puzzles sometimes.