Dissipate (A Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by winkio, January 21, 2009, 11:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

January 26, 2009, 08:50:08 pm #40 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:41:15 pm by winkio
I know that it is complex, but seriously, no pressure.  If it's too much or you get stuck, I'll do it.

EDIT: I've begun coding the HUD.  When I'm done, I'll send you the code, as it will probably make things easier.
        And no hard feelings if you want to back out now.  I know that it's a lot of work, and I'm fine with doing it myself. :)

EDIT2: I made a tranparent version of the windowskin to use as an overlay on the hotkey area and party status area, so that we can create windows and selectable stuff on top without blocking the content.

G_G

If I have the HUD than I can turn hud into a menustatus window and have the hotkey display thing. Which will make things easier.

Anyways I'm going to get some rest for a little I dont feel so good then I'll work on the menu a little bit more.

winkio

January 27, 2009, 11:47:14 pm #42 Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 04:20:44 pm by winkio
Don't worry, no huge rush.  But if you get stuck, then ask.  A lot of times, people get stuck on small stuff, but then don't ask anybody and it wastes time. :)

EDIT: The hud is done except for one small bug when you add party members and a few positioning things.  So how's the menu coming?

EDIT2: OK, HUD complete!  Menu is close.  I'll try and finish the database over the weekend so that graphics can begin to be developed. :)

Landith

Sounds good!
Could you post a screenshot of the HUD?
I'm just curious to what it looks like lol

Calintz

winkio

Ok, here's what the HUD looks like.  There is nothing equipped to the hotkeys because I cant because the menu isnt working yet, but it will be soon.  BTW I have a matching windowskin that gives the whole game a sleek Ipod/Wii - like look.

Spoiler: ShowHide

I'll probably make the numbers a little darker on the Hotkey bar.  And of course I have to reposition the side panel that shows the party members, but I need to make it capable of displaying states first...

So, what do you think?

Aqua

Hm... I'm not really liking the whole pixeled borders look.

If you're going for a sleek HUD then you'd /have/ to use anti-alias.

Calintz

Quote from: Aqua on January 31, 2009, 07:35:05 pm
Hm... I'm not really liking the whole pixeled borders look.

If you're going for a sleek HUD then you'd /have/ to use anti-alias.

Yup...
The HUD could use some good pixel work done to it, but I love the design. Very sleek, very nice. Good job. Looking forward to this.

winkio

That is a very good point.  Time to clean up the edges!

Landith

Wow that looks great :)
Can't wait until the menu is done

Calintz

I bet it will look fantastic after you clean it up.

winkio

February 01, 2009, 09:14:35 am #51 Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 11:55:35 am by winkio
Yes, much better now with smooth edges :)

I made the look-alike status window for the menu, and have almost finished the look-alike command window.  After that, I'll add in a bit of animation, and then it's done!

EDIT: HOORAY!  It's all done except for the animation in between, which I am going to put off until I decide how it should look.  Do you all want me to post a demo when I finish the tutorial&intro?

EDIT2: Oh, right, I forgot to post some screenies.  Check the first post in a little while for them.  The icons are temporary, and I still need to make one or two things look better, but it is fully functional and awesome!

EDIT3: Really, the point of this edit is to point out how many other edits I have.  Do you all like the intermediate updates or should I just post the big ones?

Calintz

Landith

It looks really professional, but shouldn't you get rid of the minimap when you go into the menu? I just think it would get in the way...
You did a really good job on this by the way :)

Shadonking

yeah that looks very nice, i cant wait to play it.

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

legacyblade

Calintz

winkio

Ok, I have officially decided on everything, and database is almost done.  So, I have assigned graphics people who kind-of volunteered stuff to do if they want to.  It's not mandatory, the only requirement is that if you do it, you do it well. 

Aqua: I need icons for these weapons: Sword, Axe, Hammer, Spear, Whip, Flail, Bow, Gun, Boomerang, and throwing stars.  you can either make them all custom, or just make the non-RTP ones in a similar style to the RTP ones.

LegacyBlade: I need attack sprites for these weapons: Sword, Axe, Hammer, Spear, Whip, Flail, Bow, Gun, Boomerang, and throwing stars.  Use the RTP Charset Theif003 as your base.  Now, feel free to make these as many frames as you want based on attack strength: Sword can be around 4 frames, but hammer can easily be 6-8.  Try and make them somewhat unique (IE for sword, don't just make a generic horizontal slash.  At least ad in a draw/sheath motion or something)

Ok, so that's what I need.  Perfectly understandable if you don't want to/wont do any/all of them.  I'm happy with whatever you can do :)

Aqua

winkio

February 02, 2009, 06:16:04 pm #59 Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:53:02 pm by winkio
as long as they are all the same style and they look nice, they can be any style that you like :)

EDIT: Crap, I need an idea for the title screen...