Dissipate (A Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by winkio, January 21, 2009, 11:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

An Blueish/Purplish Aura type thing on the bottom centered going up to the top with power flowing through it with a Stormtronics Type intro(the one Blizzard Made only don't steal it just look at the code and code yourself one that's kinda similar) and your Dissipate Name logo type thing coming in from the right and flashing once then it scrolling up and showing the Command Window or have seperate images to show New Game, Continue, Exit.

You could make the power flowing through it animated and it would be really cool.

That's just what I think would be *flashy*  :^_^':

winkio

Flashy, but a little bit unrelated =/  I mean, the title means the same thing as Disappear, so I'm not sure that flowers are the best thing to have.  An aura is definitely a flashy choice though.  I need a symbol that could relate... main themes are memory, power, existence, and trust...  How about a magnifying effect or something of the sort?  Something with distorted optics...

Calintz

You could use a zoom/pan feature during the title...

Landith

Where did you get flowers??

And a magnifying effect would be good. :)

winkio

I may end up using much more than that: an animated title...  Lemme go check what blizz did with CoSlal, I remember it being somewhat fancy...

@Landith - I am freaking tired XD  Yes, that says power, not flower.  That's what happens when i only get 3 hours of sleep.  Yes, that is actually a very good idea...

Landith

It's alright :)
You should probably get some sleep though  :^_^':

Aqua

Should the icons and the weapon sprites be the same weapon?  lol...
If so... that'll mean LB and I must collab! :D

winkio

Yes.  ish.  Not exactly the same.  Similar i guess is more what I mean.  But talking would be a good idea.  And since LB hasn't posted in here for a little bit, feel free to make icons first.  You can always tweak them later.

legacyblade

I've been reading all the posts though. And yah, aqua, if your icons aren't suited to plopping on the sprite, I'll just make a weapon based on it. Also, winkio, you think you could send me my assignments via PM? It's easier for me to keep track of what I still have to do, if they're a PM or an e-mail.

winkio

sure thing :)  i completely understand that.

Aqua, do you want PMs too?

Aqua

Yeah, please do :)

LB, if you want, you can start... lol

winkio

Note: I am working at breakneck speed on this.  These need to be done soon!  (like, within 10 days)

I just determined the ranges, so I'll pm those to you.

legacyblade

10 days O_O ZOMG. I'm going to have to kick my butt into shape, XD

winkio

You think this is bad?  Just wait until we start the skill/item sprites.  Oh, and did I mention that each character will have a unique weapon animation for each weapon?

The goal of the game is to get flashy, which means that graphics have to e put before everything else.  Once I get a good start on the actual game, I DO plan to do a lot of it myself.  But yeah, this is gonna be a beast.

And yes, I am crazy :w00t:

Side note: You don't "have" to finish all of them.  Whatever you both don't have, I am going to finish myself.  The whole point of these insane deadlines is to get this thing finished on time.  On time meaning by the end of the month, maybe the first or second week of march.

Aqua

10 days is... Feb 14th?

1st day of vacation for me... :P

legacyblade

Do you mind if I use sprites from my own game as the base for these characters? That way I'm getting a lot of the work I've been putting off done.

and yes, you're almost as crazy as me. ALL my cutscenes have 4-5 custom poses, so I understand the drive for flashyness.

winkio

sure, i guess... Don't see how it would be much different anyways, just slight modifications...

legacyblade

Woot, than i have a lot of the poses you need done, XD I put a heck of a lot of time into my Nethera poses.

Calintz

If there is anyway at all that I can help see this project's completion, please let me know ASAP!! I would love to be a part of this.

winkio

Take your pick Calintz!  You know that list of configurable options for graphics at the end of the config section?  The goal is to use as many of those as possible:

Action, skill, item, idle, and charge sprites for actors and enemies
weapon sprites (LB is doing these)
Running, sneaking, and jumping sprites (for party members)
Level up, flee, call for help, defend, and Unsummon animations as well.

Take your pick!