Dissipate (A Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by winkio, January 21, 2009, 11:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tSwitch

ok, I don't think I've actually commented on this yet.

the HUD looks really nice, although I wouldn't have chosen it myself, and I won't comment on the mapping seeing as I don't think you were focusing too much on the maps looking extraordinary.

Overall it accomplishes what you were hoping it would.  I do hope nobody just steals the animations from this game and tries to make their own with it like they do with XAS though.

ALSO: ShowHide

Why does hotkey 7 look like the guy needs badly to take a leak but is trying to hold it?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

winkio

Thanks for commenting :)

The HUD for the Demo will end up looking more like an MMO HUD, although it will still have the same theme.

Feel free to comment on the mapping - especially the relation between it and gameplay.

And yeah, those menu icons are temporary.  All of them.  Still pretty funny though.

Spaceman McConaughey

Quote from: winkio on July 25, 2009, 01:25:37 am
I have to finish this demo first.  Which is actually now a preview, because it's not going to have everything that the demo needs.  We'll see how things go afterwards.  

After thinking things over, I don't really want more people developing for Dissipate.  What I asked for at first was people who actually wanted to be a part of the project.  Nobody was really serious enough, as they had their own stuff.  So did I, of course, but I ditched it and put Dissipate at the forefront.  Aqua is the only one helping now by doing a few icons, because she can actually get them done well and it's not a huge job, but dissipate is my main project now.  I put hours a day into it, even when I really don't want to.  I can't depend on other people to do the same amount of work.  In the beginning, I had several people working on graphics, such as sprites and poses.  I didn't get anything from them.  I can't really blame them, because Dissipate was not their primary project.  But I can't be slowed down by other people, or else this will never get done.

That doesn't mean no.  That means that if a situation presents itself that I can delegate some work out that isn't critical to development, I'll definitely do it.

In conclusion, if you have some extra time and want to help out on a side project, this is not the best place.  If you seriously want to become a part of the team, it's too late.  Nevertheless, I appreciate the support, and suggestions are welcome.

And Shin Migumi, this isn't just to you, it's to everyone.

Sorry for the wall of text.  9/17 maps completed in the woods.

Am I fired, too? :o

winkio

Yeah, but it's no big deal. 

I have a few things to check off of my list before I start polishing the first part of the game.

OracleGames

I cannot see the screenshots, i cannot download the demo xD ..
will this game contain AAALLLL of blizz ABS features? i still dont understand how "charging atacks" work :S

RoseSkye

Quote from: OracleGames on October 16, 2009, 08:49:33 pm
I cannot see the screenshots, i cannot download the demo xD ..
will this game contain AAALLLL of blizz ABS features? i still dont understand how "charging atacks" work :S

Winkio is a god when it comes to customizing stuff, I expect his game will not show off all the features but will introduce custom ones.

winkio

October 16, 2009, 08:56:01 pm #266 Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 08:33:18 am by winkio
yeah, so the preview I have up now has maybe 70% of the features, but charge skills is on there (it's not charge attacks, but it's similar).  Unfortunately, my old webhost unexpectedly shut down last week, so I'm working on transferring my files to my new webhost.  That's why all my links are down atm.  They should be up this weekend though.

EDIT: Okay, preview and screens up, I couldn't find some of the other files, so they will be up once I can recreate them

Phasedscar

Wow, I have to say I like the HUD, is that you're own one there Winkio?

And Yes, I'm back!  Time to start working on my own game again though..
Spoiler: ShowHide
My own game project & My resource workshop! (respectively)
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=608.0 http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=682.0

What that is? Affection area for flails. - Blizz-ABS, the ultimate ABS

The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB. The height must not exceed 200 px and the width must not exceed 800 px. Altogether they may take up an area of 160000 px2. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

C.C. rOyAl

winkio

It;s actually moving farther and farther down my list as we speak.  I'm not really able to do anything RMXP related this semester, with 21 credits and a huge semester long project.  Once the summer comes, I'll be working a lot, but that will mostly be finishing people's HUDs and scripting a few special systems.  If fall comes around and I have time, I'll pick it up again.  The amount of work required to make a Blizz-ABS game of the caliber I want Dissipate to be is astoundingly large.

In other words, eventually...

C.C. rOyAl

Haha well I hope you do good in school, im not;)   Can you tell me how to get into the attic in the demo though? I get to the fenced map where the house is and i dont know what to do from there haha

winkio

C.C. rOyAl

Kett Shee

I can't wait for the full thing. (waiting makes me crazy :wacko:)
You're all daft cunts. I love you. <3

winkio

Blizzard

Better solution: Pass on some work to others. I remember that several people said they would help you. O_o
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

Blizz, you're going to have to trust me on this.  I'll need their help when I get back into it, but that won't be before I'm done with school (in 2 months)

Kewldude

October 18, 2011, 09:46:06 am #277 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:51:19 am by Kewldude
Hi

I was just wondering if you are still working on this project or whether it is still on hold. Also, I know this may seem selfish since this is only my first post, but I'm working with my friends on a College RPG Maker Project and we desperately need a great example like yours for Blizz ABS. We tried the XAS demo and liked it.

However, I see that Blizz-ABS is a very powerful ABS with a number of features, especially ones that we need. Problem is, we're quite new to RPG Maker and since this is a week long project, it would be great if you repost the link for the Preview download at least.

If possible, Mediafire would be fantastic.

Again, Thank you very much regardless of your choice. I would love to work on RMXP and BLizz properly once my project is over, so being able to go over your example game, even at the preview stage will be a great learning experience.

ShadowPierce

October 18, 2011, 10:06:53 am #278 Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:17:13 am by ShadowPierce
->HOLY MEGA-NECROPOST!

Well, since you're new here, I'll go easy on you and explain everything calmly... Be grateful, 'kay? :haha:

This project has been abandoned until further notice, let's just say it's in cryo-slumber mode... :3 winkio has been busy doing other things and the BABS version he's using here is extremely outdated (Not that version translation for BABS is a problem)... I highly doubt that he'll pick up this project again... Even other members probably won't, too... I'd like to help other BABS projects, but I've got a project of my own, so yeah... :P

As for your project, there are a lot of other BABS projects out there that you can base from... But if you really want Dissipate, I think I have a copy somewhere in my hard drive... PM me if you want it... ;)

Happy hunting! :haha:

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Kewldude

Thanks a lot, I will. :)

Quote from: ShadowPierce on October 18, 2011, 10:06:53 am
->HOLY MEGA-NECROPOST!

Well, since you're new here, I'll go easy on you and explain everything calmly... Be grateful, 'kay? :haha:

This project has been abandoned until further notice, let's just say it's in cryo-slumber mode... :3 winkio has been busy doing other things and the BABS version he's using here is extremely outdated (Not that version translation for BABS is a problem)... I highly doubt that he'll pick up this project again... Even other members probably won't, too... I'd like to help other BABS projects, but I've got a project of my own, so yeah... :P

As for your project, there are a lot of other BABS projects out there that you can base from... But if you really want Dissipate, I think I have a copy somewhere in my hard drive... PM me if you want it... ;)

Happy hunting! :haha: