Dissipate (A Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by winkio, January 21, 2009, 11:27:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman McConaughey

Winkio! OOO, OOO... ME, ME! I want to do some mapping sososososos bad.... :D

No, that's me if I was a n00b. Hi, winkio. I am an expierienced mapper, and I think you might have some use for my skills.

Examples:
Spoiler: ShowHide

winkio

Hmm, I have a great idea where I could use a bunch of maps like those in the first example.  But that won't be until after the demo.  I'll let you know then.

Spaceman McConaughey

Ah, yes. :D Glad my style of mapping for the first example could be used. I'll wait patiently until you need me, winkio. :)

Ryex

I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

I've got about 2 and a half weeks of worktime to finish it, before I go on vacation to hawaii and then straight to college.  It will take me around 5-7 days of working on the actual gameplay and cutscenes, and around 4-6 days on graphics.  Possibly more. 
Regardless of whether the demo is finished or not, I'm putting something up at the end of the month.  It just might not be completely finished.

Blizzard

I think that anything is fine. Just being able to get a look at towards what the game is going will already be pretty awesome. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

omegapirate2000

Looking forward to playing this, if only to steal all your cool animations  ;)

Just kidding... maybe.

winkio

The whole point of the game is for people to steal everything. ;)  I'm basically making a mini Blizz-ABS RTP.  I must say that although I rushed through a lot of the graphics, they still look very good.  Somehow.

one or two weeks until I upload a demo thing.  There WILL be explosions in it.  Lots and lots of explosions...

Aqua

Eep!

I can't wait to see the animations and action sprites :P

omegapirate2000

Quote from: Michael Bay on July 19, 2009, 08:56:21 pm
There WILL be explosions in it.  Lots and lots of explosions...

Hell to the yes.

Ryex

July 19, 2009, 10:22:52 pm #230 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 12:10:18 pm by Ryexander
Quote from: winkio on July 19, 2009, 08:56:21 pm
There WILL be explosions in it.  Lots and lots of explosions...

Woot! I love myself a good explosion!
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

winkio

Quote from: Aqua on July 19, 2009, 08:58:20 pm
Eep!

I can't wait to see the animations and action sprites :P

Yeah, they look nice and clean in game, but to anyone who has worked with graphics, when you open up the files, you will laugh.

And if there's one thing that popular culture has taught me, it is that explosions are quite possibly the most interesting and exciting things that you can present.  Right after explosions, of course, is reality defying stunts and fighting.  I'm integrating lots of that too, although it's somewhat difficult on this engine.  And as promised somewhere way back in this thread, "Shiva's Dance" is a skill where you run in circles around an enemy and swing a flaming sword.  Although you don't get that until near the end.  On the plus side, you start out with Meteor Punch (maybe I should change it to megaton punch...)

Blizzard

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

winkio

July 20, 2009, 11:52:28 am #233 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:55:31 am by winkio
just wait until you see what I did with summons XD

And I'm balancing enemies now.  Most of them are going to be relatively weak and easy, so that you don't really have to worry about dying unless you are careless.  The bosses will be hard though.

Blizzard

winkio

July 20, 2009, 12:29:33 pm #235 Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:10:30 am by winkio
woah there Blizz, calm down.  We don't need you exploding all over this thread.  Get some tissues, and clean yourself up.

EDIT: okay, started finishing the woods maps.  They all fit together in something like a 180x240 map.  I've done like 4/17.  Once they are done, enemies can go in.  And the first battle of the game, which is also a boss battle.  So I should be able to finish the woods easily, and maybe even the first dungeon, by a week from Saturday.

Aqua

Shin Migumi

Hey this definitely sounds like a good idea. i've been messin around with BlizzABS and got it down pact, and came up with soime interesting things to do with it. i'd love to help out if you need any more assistance

winkio

July 25, 2009, 01:25:37 am #238 Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:26:38 am by winkio
I have to finish this demo first.  Which is actually now a preview, because it's not going to have everything that the demo needs.  We'll see how things go afterwards.  

After thinking things over, I don't really want more people developing for Dissipate.  What I asked for at first was people who actually wanted to be a part of the project.  Nobody was really serious enough, as they had their own stuff.  So did I, of course, but I ditched it and put Dissipate at the forefront.  Aqua is the only one helping now by doing a few icons, because she can actually get them done well and it's not a huge job, but dissipate is my main project now.  I put hours a day into it, even when I really don't want to.  I can't depend on other people to do the same amount of work.  In the beginning, I had several people working on graphics, such as sprites and poses.  I didn't get anything from them.  I can't really blame them, because Dissipate was not their primary project.  But I can't be slowed down by other people, or else this will never get done.

That doesn't mean no.  That means that if a situation presents itself that I can delegate some work out that isn't critical to development, I'll definitely do it.

In conclusion, if you have some extra time and want to help out on a side project, this is not the best place.  If you seriously want to become a part of the team, it's too late.  Nevertheless, I appreciate the support, and suggestions are welcome.

And Shin Migumi, this isn't just to you, it's to everyone.

Sorry for the wall of text.  9/17 maps completed in the woods.

Blizzard

I hear you, man, I hear you. It's almost the same with me and CP Beta. It's kinda hard to believe that people can't afford to spend 25 hours (not at once, mind you) to beat the game beta and send me a report. But it's happening anyway, I'm not getting any reports. I got 4 of them so far which would be 10% of the people since there are over 40 Beta testers if I remember right. :/

At least you're going to continue working on it. I don't want to see this project die. :(