I Wanna Be the Guy

Started by shdwlink1993, January 22, 2009, 08:11:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shdwlink1993

I Wanna Be the Guy is a fun, interesting, and exciting platformer good for all ages of the family.Except for the swearing you will make when you lose at it time and again. :haha:

I Wanna Be the Guy is the hardest game you will ever play in your life, bar none. You know something's up when the front page of the website proudly proclaims that it is "nail-rippingly difficult" and "sadistic". In this game, you fill the role of The Wanna Be the Guy (The Kid) in an almost plot-less journey to transition to becoming The Guy. Armed with Very Small Gun and Cape of Hero, you set out on an epic quest to become The Guy!

In order to become The Guy, you must travel to different places and defeat several different bosses, as per your standard platforming extravaganza. The catch is almost immediately apparent: The Kid is very fragile. One brush with anything from a spike to a Tetris block to the moon(?) to even a bit of Delicious Fruit will make him explode in a large amount of that pixelated blood we all know and love (Or is that just me?).

I Wanna be the Guy, commonly abbreviated to IWBTG, is, surprisingly enough, highly addictive. There's just something fun about getting killed by everything from Dracula's Goblet to a Sword to even getting run over by Samus in her Morph Ball. It's not difficult because of dumb level design. It's hard for the right reasons, something a lot of games cannot do these days, sadly.

If you've been yearning for that good 'ol mental anguish you haven't felt since your NES went the way of the Dinosaur, then you might want to give this a try. I Wanna be the Guy is available for purchase at the low price of $0.00, and can be found at the homepage at http://kayin.pyoko.org/iwbtg/. Have fun, and good luck (Cause you'll need it, believe me) :D!
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

winkio

OMG I HATE THIS GAME!!! I downloaded it a while ago, and it takes so much patience to play!  Definitely one of the hardest games in existence. :argh:

Reygekan

I <3 this game, it's my inspiration for platformers.

Apples. That fall up.