Star G. (Blizz-ABS example game)

Started by Blizzard, January 25, 2009, 05:44:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

January 25, 2009, 05:44:50 pm Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 05:27:20 pm by Blizzard
First of all: Blizzard is my alias, not my company name! The "company" name, if you will, is StormTronics.
This game serves as another example demo for the Blizz-ABS.

Background story

There is not really one. The game is too short to have one.

Story

As this is not an RPG, there is not really a story. Star G. gets a transmission from the base. They are sending him on a mission to stop some unknown enemy forces in sector Z23, particularry the Prenux solar system. Star G. needs to fight his way through space, planet Aballon and finally the orbit of the sun Prenux.

The characters

Star G. is the pilot of the RX-G series hunter and one of the best pilots in the known galaxy.

Features

• uses Blizz-ABS 2.23
  • 3 levels loaded with spaceshooter action
  • Survival Mode - stay alive as long as you can
  • Primary Laser weapon and secondary Homing Missile weapon

Download

(about 4MB)
Star G

Screenshots

Additional info

This game does NOT require the RGSS RTP installed to be playable!

This game was NOT compiled and encrypted. You are free to use any resources, but be sure to give appropriate credit.
This game does not use the default configuration of Blizz-ABS, so don't copy the script from the script editor, use the script provided in a separate text file. The game controls are NOT default, RMXP's controls are being overriden. There is a readme included with the controls.
This game mainly serves for demonstration of the Blizz-ABS. It uses some additional scripts for calibration which are not official plugins and were not made as such.

Credits

Producer:
  • Boris Mikić alias Blizzard
Graphics:
  • Enterbrain
  • Blizzard
  • MOG
  • Ari Feldman
Main Engine:
  • Enterbrain
Music:
  • Unknown artists
Custom Scripts and Blizz-ABS:
  • Blizzard
Additional Blizz-ABS Graphics:
  • Blizzard
  • MOG

Everything else

That's all. N-Joy! =D
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

Aqua

Hehe very nice & short game.
Really shows the wide span of stuff you can do with Blizz-ABS.

Homing Missle abuse FTW! :D

@Susys:  Blizz released it in IRC awhile ago... lol

G_G

January 25, 2009, 05:55:04 pm #3 Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:01:11 pm by game_guy
You forgot to credit Fantasist for finding those graphics

Edit:
The game is awesome! I can't get past level 1 lol.

How could you of possible add points when a monster is defeated? Anyways its what we should expect from the almighty blizzard!

Blizzard

Quote from: Aqua on January 25, 2009, 05:53:12 pm
Hehe very nice & short game.
Really shows the wide span of stuff you can do with Blizz-ABS.

Homing Missle abuse FTW! :D

@Susys:  Blizz released it in IRC awhile ago... lol

Actually I gave Susys the link over MSN the same moment I posted it in IRC. xD

Quote from: game_guy on January 25, 2009, 05:55:04 pm
You forgot to credit Fantasist for finding those graphics

Anyways I'm downloading right now

I didn't credit him here in the topic, but I gave him my special thanks in the game. :)

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Sally

Starrodkirby86

Sounds like someone got the name from me. :V:

This is something really great to show off for the Blizz-ABS area. Shows you the potential of creating something extremely original using an engine. Blows Chronicles of Lag-a-Lot right out of the water. :V:

Well, great job on this...How long did it take you?

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

How do we kill the last boss?

Seems impossible.

Aqua

@Star:  I remember him saying that he only worked a day on it... so... just today... (unless I'm making stuff up :P)
But he had this idea awhile back, as seen from the request for spaceship graphics topic.

@GG:  Yes, you can.  Homing Missle spam :P

Sally

@Star:he started it this morning he was telling me about it on msn

@gg, aqua: theres another way
   stay in the corner and every second of so go down and shoot
   takes awile and use homing missle alot.

G_G

I BEAT IT TAKE THAT YOU STUPID ALIEN!!!!!!

I don't know why but all of a sudden I want to make a Mega Man Platformer

Fantasist

January 26, 2009, 01:19:08 am #11 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:43:15 am by Fantasist
Finally! *downloads*

EDIT: EPIC! *powers up* (like you need any more energy Bliz :P)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

January 26, 2009, 08:03:19 am #12 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 11:13:16 am by Blizzard
Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on January 25, 2009, 07:09:10 pm
Well, great job on this...How long did it take you?

Roughly a day. I worked on it about an hour on saturday. I did the rest in the afternoon and evening on sunday while my brain was burnt from saturday night. xD

EDIT: I had to update the game. There was a bug where you wouldn't get the score at the end when you die in Survival Mode. I managed to get over 90000 points (LMAO) until I died, but I couldn't see the exact result because of that bug so I fixed it. Survival Mode FTW. <3

EDIT:

I died because of lag. ._. Anyway, the maximum possible highscore in Survival is 1000000 so you know.

Calintz

It's the shit!!
Dude you could totally make a StarFox fan game, Lol...

Shadonking

by the way how do you use the secondary weapon

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

Blizzard

I described the controls in the readme. :P Get in range of an enemy spaceship (i.e. 4 map squares) and press J. The default Blizz-ABS targetting will freeze the game so you can select a target. Very useful in Survival Mode when you're low on energy, lol!

Shadonking

]

rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

Hellfire Dragon

This game rocks! I can't pass the second level. The first boss easy once you kill of the 2 guys above him then stay in the corner and spam missle him :roll:

Blizzard

There's a little trick. Try to clear out half of the screen and keep firing all the time. True, you won't get as many points, but you can survive at least. xD Survival Mode rocks, though. The first few enemies are static, but right after the first wave, enemies get respawned and it gets tricky. xD It's random so any enemy can appear anywhere which makes this game mode epic. <3 Hey, I played more than half an hour through to get those 500k points before I died. xD

Shadonking

January 26, 2009, 05:04:21 pm #19 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 05:08:14 pm by Shadonking
i beat the last boss, bloody hell he was hard to kill and he was huge

this is actualy a little addictive as well, nice game blizz

]