GAX is beta testing Windows 7

Started by GAX, January 30, 2009, 09:00:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GAX

Yup yup, that's right (though not at this very second, I'm actually typing this from XP).

So far, I have to say Windows 7 is quite impressive.  I'm getting better load times than my XP, though this may be linked to the fact that my XP has likely been systematically raped a few times.  It looks very pretty and is well arranged.  My only issues so far are linked to me using the 64-bit version and my wireless card has no 64-bit drivers.  I'm gonna go upgrade the RAM on this thing some time in the next few days, so hopefully GAX will have a much better benchmark for you guys really soon.

My other major issue is that games that run with GameGuard will NOT work, this is an error with GameGuard and INCA refuses to fix this...lazy bastards.

Rule 2: ShowHide
Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

Diokatsu

Cool cool. Got any screenshots or can you not release those?

GAX

I'll be brining some screenshots within the coming weeks, I just need to get some new hardware in order to connect the PC to the internet, I currently lack a 64-bit compatible wirless card.

Anyone able to donate? :^_^':

Quote from: Rule No.2Keep your signatures at reasonable size. The pictures in your signature may altogether be no more than 200kB and take up an area of 1600px2. That means 2 pictures of 400x200 are fine, one picture of 800x200 is fine and so on. Also your pictures height must not exceed 200 pixels, width can be as big as you want as long as your pictures match the other criteria. Every signature not matching this criteria is a subject of the moderator team to remove and leave this rule as message in your signature.

fugibo

There are plenty of shots on the 'net. Personally, I think it is by far the best-looking Windows to date.

That said, it still hurts my eyes to look at it :(

Blizzard

I can't wait till 7 is out of beta. I'm planning to get it when I buy a new laptop next year.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

fugibo

I'm planning on dual-booting it and Gentoo Linux when I get some money to build a behemoth desktop for gaming/tinkering. My MacBook is a pwnage consumer machine, but I miss good 'ol PlayWithMe PC's. I'm still gonna go Apple if I ever buy another computer (read: I decide to spend all of the money I have) pre-built, though. They define "just works."

I'm not to sure about the taskbar, though. The usability seems... uh... questionable.

GAX

Alright guys, I'm taking requests to test out programs, but I do have a few prerequisites:

Please, limit this to freeware/open source stuff...I really don't wanna BUY software for this right now, and I don't wanna pirate anything on 7 just to beta test it...
Please choose stuff that can be widely used, I'd rather not deal with something that is used by a fistfull of people.
Supply a site to where I can obtain it.

That's about it, and I'll supply screenshots for each program too if you want.

fugibo

OpenOffice.org and Amarok 2 (http://amarok.kde.org/, excellent music player), if it's not to much trouble ;)

Blizzard

Here's a list of what I'd like to have checked. :D

• uTorrent
  • FileZilla
  • Foxit Reader
  • LogonStudio
  • Mozilla Firefox (duh)
  • MySQL Server
  • Nero 6.3
  • Notepad++
  • Opera
  • Project 64
  • Python 2.5.2
  • RMXP (LMAO)
  • Spybot Search and Destroy
  • Trillian
  • TortoiseSVN
  • Unlocker (I use v1.8.6, but any version is fine)
  • VLC Player
  • WindowBlinds
  • WinRAR

Most programs are freeware, some are shareware. I hope you like the list. xD No obligations of course. It's up to you if you actually wanna test those programs. xD

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

._.;

A lot of those I was thinking of suggesting there...

Might as well go the computer technical way and suggest HijackThis from TrendMicro. I'm sure you are aware of what application this is from.

Also, since Blizzard suggested RMXP, might as well say RMVX as well, no? :P

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 01, 2009, 04:38:06 pm
Also, since Blizzard suggested RMXP, might as well say RMVX as well, no? :P

No. :D

GAX

I plan to test both versions of RM, though I must note I can't start testing those programs until next weekend at the earliest from the looks of it, because I lack drivers for my wireless card, though I might be able to pick up a USB adapter or something within the coming weeks (my school's about a mile from Fry's Electronics...sweet!)

Blizzard

Take your time. I won't get 7 for at least another year. xD I'm just curious which of the programs I currently use work on the beta normallly for now.