Because I am new at life...

Started by Reno-s--Joker, January 30, 2009, 07:11:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fugibo

Lol, Leeroy Jenkin's PWN/PWNT rating is actually closer to 0 : infinite. Man, that guy is the definition of overnight celebrity.

And why is everyone so anti-IOWNYOUish? Me and my friend get half our fun out of doing that.

"Dude, I'm a level 15 dwarf paladin!!!!!!"
"Really? I'm a level 16 paladin. And I started last Tuesday."

Valcos

Lmao... do that all the time xD.

"Just hit level 30 8)"
"Well, I hit it last week  :roll:"
"Thats cause you fiend it... FIEND!!"
" :( "
"Pwnt your ass!"

Dont know why, people usually dont like getting called a fiend. :huh:
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar De La Hoya

Starrodkirby86

Because they feel inferior. They're not the one with the large penis size anymore. Someone beat them. Someone is better at what this person does. It's motivation of hate towards this guy and trying to surpass his skill. I say it's good motivation, but not all the time. Now, this goes into good sportsmanship. If you're a good sport, you'll be proud or happy of them. If you're a rotten egg, you'll just bee-yatch about them and malign them so much.

That's what I think at least.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Reno-s--Joker

Quote from: NAMKCORthat's called 'sexism' and 'elitism'

I have always wondered what elitism was. Maybe I should do my homework.... *cowers from NAMKCOR*
Quote from: NAMKCOR and BlizzardDO YOUR HOMEWORK >8U

You old people (<3) just don't want to be the cause of my failure and dropping out of high school. LOL.... I appreciate it. :haha:

Quote from: BlizzardI'm trying to keep this community nice. Wink

Yaaaaay, and you're doing a great job of it! :D

Quote from: BlizzardI was the same when I was much younger. But everything has changed, drastically. Today I can read people almost like books. I instantly know when somebody is insincere, I can instantly "judge" a person's personality (which is over 99% accurate), and I instantly know if somebody likes me.

SCARY. D: Lucky for you though. I am almost 99.9% reliably wrong. Which leaves a million other possibilities. :|
.... Can you read through a computer screen?

Quote from: WcWLol, Leeroy Jenkin's PWN/PWNT rating is actually closer to 0 : infinite. Man, that guy is the definition of overnight celebrity.

LMAO well said... XD

It's fun, but only if they're your friend, I think. I make fun of my friends all the time, because they know I don't mean it in a bad sport way. I agree with StarrodKirby. I think you're slightly mentally unwell if you don't have a sense of self esteem preservation. Just like people who want to commit suicide (sorry, I couldn't think of another example) are acting out of the norm, it's weird to say YAY, I LOST. BEAT ME AGAIN*.

* Conditions Apply.

Blizzard

February 03, 2009, 06:51:58 am #24 Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:57:59 am by Blizzard
Quote from: WcW on February 02, 2009, 06:54:32 pm
Lol, Leeroy Jenkin's PWN/PWNT rating is actually closer to 0 : infinite. Man, that guy is the definition of overnight celebrity.

And why is everyone so anti-IOWNYOUish? Me and my friend get half our fun out of doing that.

"Dude, I'm a level 15 dwarf paladin!!!!!!"
"Really? I'm a level 16 paladin. And I started last Tuesday."

It's fun if it's among friends as jokes for fun, but we're talking about the egomaniac type of that situation where one side is being a bad winner. xD

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 03, 2009, 02:37:07 am
Quote from: NAMKCORthat's called 'sexism' and 'elitism'

I have always wondered what elitism was. Maybe I should do my homework.... *cowers from NAMKCOR*

Elitism is when somebody thinks they are better than you just they are better than you at something. RMXP.org is the perfect example for elitism. Almost everybody there acts like a total prick. Post the best RPG made, ever, and they will find reasons why your game is bad. But instead of posting constructive critizism, they just flame your game. Seriously, if somebody posted a commercial game that is about to be released without the actual name of the game, they would flame it.
Why? Because they think that they are better than you. It doesn't actually even matter that they are not. They can completely suck at game making, they will still flame you, because they have no life or absolutely no self-esteem and this is their way trying to fix it.

Quote from: NAMKCOR and BlizzardDO YOUR HOMEWORK >8U

You old people (<3) just don't want to be the cause of my failure and dropping out of high school. LOL.... I appreciate it. :haha:

;_; I'M NOT THAT OLD! ._.;;; I'm still in college, doesn't that count as young?! D':

Quote from: BlizzardI was the same when I was much younger. But everything has changed, drastically. Today I can read people almost like books. I instantly know when somebody is insincere, I can instantly "judge" a person's personality (which is over 99% accurate), and I instantly know if somebody likes me.

SCARY. D: Lucky for you though. I am almost 99.9% reliably wrong. Which leaves a million other possibilities. :|

Not really. It's much harder to estimate somebody's personality over the internet because vital parts of the communication are missing. The non-verbal body language is usually 70% of the communication, 23% is para-verbal communication which is they way you say things and only 7% are actual words. Emoticons help out the 23%, but that's still only up to 30% of the actual information about somebody when you talk to them over the internet. :/
Just 10 days ago when I was out I met this new girl (not such a nice girl) and I almost instantly knew what kind of person she was (and that was before she actually really started talking). Later that evening I was proven right about my assumptions. I have become a master at reading and interpreting body language, that's the only way I can explain this. It must have been those small subtly movements and signs that gave her away to me. O_o There are a few things about body language which I consiciously know, though. It helps quite a bit with non-subtle movement and poses. As they are intended to be read by others, they are displayed in a quite obvious manner usually without the person itself knowing what (s)he's actually doing. xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Starrodkirby86

Quote from: Blizzard on February 03, 2009, 06:51:58 am

Not really. It's much harder to estimate somebody's personality over the internet because vital parts of the communication are missing. The non-verbal body language is usually 70% of the communication, 23% is para-verbal communication which is they way you say things and only 7% are actual words. Emoticons help out the 23%, but that's still only up to 30% of the actual information about somebody when you talk to them over the internet. :/
Just 10 days ago when I was out I met this new girl (not such a nice girl) and I almost instantly knew what kind of person she was (and that was before she actually really started talking). Later that evening I was proven right about my assumptions. I have become a master at reading and interpreting body language, that's the only way I can explain this. It must have been those small subtly movements and signs that gave her away to me. O_o There are a few things about body language which I consiciously know, though. It helps quite a bit with non-subtle movement and poses. As they are intended to be read by others, they are displayed in a quite obvious manner usually without the person itself knowing what (s)he's actually doing. xD
Can you prove what kind of person is someone through a webcam possibly...?

Elitists, bad sports, everyone like that, they're a common and similar breed. They're all jealous. :( Yeah, I get that feeling, but rather than use it up I suppress it or ignore it. Doubt that's a good thing. But whatever happens, happens, no? And I'm not a jerk on this forum, so life is swell.  :up:

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Blizzard

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on February 03, 2009, 12:21:49 pm
Can you prove what kind of person is someone through a webcam possibly...?

It would definitely be much easier and more accurate than just voice or text only.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Reno-s--Joker

QuoteRMXP.org is the perfect example for elitism. Almost everybody there acts like a total prick. Post the best RPG made, ever, and they will find reasons why your game is bad. But instead of posting constructive critizism, they just flame your game. Seriously, if somebody posted a commercial game that is about to be released without the actual name of the game, they would flame it.
Why? Because they think that they are better than you. It doesn't actually even matter that they are not. They can completely suck at game making, they will still flame you, because they have no life or absolutely no self-esteem and this is their way trying to fix it.

Is it just me or is it not the first time I have heard bad things about RMXP.org from you... :( Must've been really bad - thank god I didn't sign up for that. :o
Although I think I do know what you are talking about there. I also know that it FAILS. D: I see it a lot browsing the internet on a number of forums and comment-able places here and there. People who criticise you unfairly who have no qualifications in the field themselves. :| Apparently it happens a lot on dA, although I am glad I haven't experienced it personally. :)

Quote;_; I'M NOT THAT OLD! ._.;;; I'm still in college, doesn't that count as young?! D':

Awwwwww.......... Blizzard... I was just kidding around :haha: You get to be both highly superior and young. *is jealous, but getting there* <3
No, seriously. College is young. Just perhaps not as young as ppl like Starrodkirby. XD

QuoteThe non-verbal body language is usually 70% of the communication

That's whopping. :O But it makes sense. The only thing I can determine online is if people are acting like trolls/flamers or not. :| I also noticed that people who I know very well IRL appear really different online when it's just the words I can see. Sometimes even so different that I hate talking to them online.  :^_^':

QuoteJust 10 days ago when I was out I met this new girl (not such a nice girl) and I almost instantly knew what kind of person she was (and that was before she actually really started talking). Later that evening I was proven right about my assumptions. I have become a master at reading and interpreting body language, that's the only way I can explain this. It must have been those small subtly movements and signs that gave her away to me. O_o There are a few things about body language which I consiciously know, though. It helps quite a bit with non-subtle movement and poses. As they are intended to be read by others, they are displayed in a quite obvious manner usually without the person itself knowing what (s)he's actually doing. xD

So a lot of it is intuitive and self discovered, not something best learned by studying, eh? You're lucky you have that, especially if relationships have the potential to get sticky and hard to get out of after you discover something horrible about that person.  :(
:shifty: ... Care to share some tips? :D

QuoteElitists, bad sports, everyone like that, they're a common and similar breed. They're all jealous. Sad Yeah, I get that feeling, but rather than use it up I suppress it or ignore it. Doubt that's a good thing. But whatever happens, happens, no? And I'm not a jerk on this forum, so life is swell.  Up

D: I'm still learning how to deal with it... but yes, boy jealously is one of my most hated emotions. It hurts both the people who receive its effects and the people who feel jealous. EPIC GHEY. DDD:
I'm glad you're not a jerk. ^-^ The again, who wouldn't be? :P

^-^ Thanks again, guys!  :)

Blizzard

Quote from: Reno-s--Joker on February 05, 2009, 01:23:04 am
Quote;_; I'M NOT THAT OLD! ._.;;; I'm still in college, doesn't that count as young?! D':

Awwwwww.......... Blizzard... I was just kidding around :haha: You get to be both highly superior and young. *is jealous, but getting there* <3
No, seriously. College is young. Just perhaps not as young as ppl like Starrodkirby. XD

I know, I'm just messing around. Isn't it obvious from the way I reacted? xD

QuoteThe non-verbal body language is usually 70% of the communication

That's whopping. :O But it makes sense. The only thing I can determine online is if people are acting like trolls/flamers or not. :| I also noticed that people who I know very well IRL appear really different online when it's just the words I can see. Sometimes even so different that I hate talking to them online.  :^_^':

There's also the possibility of the other way around. Somebody is IRL an idiot, but online (s)he's fine. xD

So a lot of it is intuitive and self discovered, not something best learned by studying, eh? You're lucky you have that, especially if relationships have the potential to get sticky and hard to get out of after you discover something horrible about that person.  :(
:shifty: ... Care to share some tips? :D

Well, one of the most common and obvious things are things like looking at the person who speaks. When somebody isn't looking at you when you speak, it seems to you that (s)he isn't listening. Then there's the avoiding of eye contact which usually points to shyness. Or the body stance, it can reveal quite some things about the person. There are several books about this topic. If you can find one online, I suggest you read it a bit. :)
Of course there are other things like how to notice physical attraction or even how to further it through just body language.

Reno-s--Joker

QuoteI know, I'm just messing around. Isn't it obvious from the way I reacted? xD

Yes lol... "D':" Probably gave it away the most... :D

QuoteThere's also the possibility of the other way around. Somebody is IRL an idiot, but online (s)he's fine. xD

That must be me. :V: Actually, I'm not fine online. :|

QuoteThen there's the avoiding of eye contact which usually points to shyness. Or the body stance, it can reveal quite some things about the person. There are several books about this topic. If you can find one online, I suggest you read it a bit. Happy

Now that one is me. DDD:
I think I will read up on it if I have time, it's a really interesting subject. :D

Valcos

Oh! Screen peaking and saying you didnt. They should ban that from life! Gets me mad cause they know they did!!! :(
-Oscar De La Hoya

Blizzard

Life is really like the matrix. When you know how stuff works, you can manipulate it. >.<

Reno-s--Joker

@Valcos: ...screen peaking....? :shy:
@Blizzard: :scared: LOL - I just get this picture of you as the supreme architect dude of the Matrix. Evilly laughing. D:

shdwlink1993

I believe that Valcos is referring to the art of looking at the opponent's side of the screen in a split-screen multiplayer game. I myself have extreme difficulties not doing this (When you're used to playing single player, it's somewhat difficult to just ignore half the screen).
Stuff I've made:

"Never think you're perfect or else you'll stop improving yourself."

"Some people say the glass is half full... some half empty... I just wanna know who's been drinking my beer."

Reno-s--Joker

:D Ahh, I get it... yeah although I would never say I didn't look. Maybe they're scared that Valcos will eat them alive if they admitted it. ^-^

Lol... "art"... :P

Valcos

Lol, I actually get really mad :shy:. Cause I rarely screen peak, unless im screen peaking cause i know they are screen peaking cause i set a trap and i want to see if they were screen peaking or not since its impossible to see my deadly traps!  >:(
-Oscar De La Hoya

Reno-s--Joker

If you're playing one of those trap games then that's just baaaad sportsmanship to screen peak. >:( Geez, seriously there's no fun in cheating.... D: Although some people seem to think it's more fun to win. FAIL. :|

I understand how you'd get really mad at that. :( I would too. I would come at them in a cloud of raging fireballs.
... :xD:

Valcos

I dont have anything against cheating, i kinda use "cheats" myself sometimes. I just hate screen peaking!! >:(

Think this went off topic tho  :O.o:
-Oscar De La Hoya

Reno-s--Joker

Lol, because I'm such a noob I love invincibility and fast cash cheats :xD:

^-^ Nah, it didn't - we're still talking about flamers/trolls/nasty people and pwning at games. Sorta. :P

tSwitch

I always called that 'screen jacking'

that's why I like PC games, you can't go splitscreen in most of them, so you can't screen jack :D

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr