Star Wars VII: The Sith Returns

Started by G_G, February 01, 2009, 04:37:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

February 01, 2009, 04:37:05 am Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:29:56 pm by game_guy
Basic Info
HERE IS THE AWESOME ANIMATED LOGO YES IT IS ANIMATED AND VERY CRAPPY

Star Wars VII The Sith Returns (yes I know a very cheesy name) is a game made by Game Guy's Projects.

The main reason I'm making this is because I'm getting paid $30.00!
It uses a unique Action Battle System made by the all famous Blizzard!

Star War VII will have quite a few characters. You'll get to choose from the Good Side or Dark Side. Here are the characters so far.
Good Side

• Luke Sky Walker
  • Han Solo
  • Princess Leia
  • Yoda
  • Chewbacca
  • Obi Wan Kenobe
  • Rebel

Dark Side

• Darth Vader
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Sidious
  • A New Sithlord
  • Stormtroopers

Basic Story
A new sith lord (not to be revealed) revives the other Sith Lords and tries to rule the world. The basic evil plot.

Demo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qsuy5l

Video of Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s-kvjM-n8

FIXED DEMO HAD A FEW MAPPING ISSUES THAT MESSED THE GAME UP

Anyways about the story. Its pretty much the whole plot. Its going to be like a game called Star Wars Battlefront. Its not going ot have respawning teammates but I'll make it almost exactly like it.

THESE CREDITS ARE FOR THE CURRENT DEMO
game_guy - Head Leader of game and making it
Blizzard - Blizz Action Battle System/Force Push Plug In
Aqua - Making me a demo for the force push plug in so I can understand it
Sithjester - Star Wars Characters
Ari Feldman - Spaceship Graphics
Fantasist - Finding Light Saber Sounds
StarrodKirby66 - Helping me fix the site again
Landith - Lightsaber Graphics/New Title Screen Graphic/Planet Graphics/Some Mapping/Animated Arrow Graphic/And More that I cant remember
Susys - Mapping
Greg - Still Paying me 30$

MetaKnight - Yea sorry I'm using a new title screen.

Screenies For All
In Current Demo: ShowHide

Game Play Screenies

Coming Soon Demo: ShowHide

Mission Select

Game Selector

New Troop Selector

Menu System

New Title Screen

SAVE OFTEN
YOU HAVE TO KILL ALL THE ENEMIES BEFORE MOVING ONTO A NEW AREA
WHEN YOU SEE AN R2 UNIT STAND BY IT AND IT WILL GRADUALLY HEAL YOU
POST ANY BUGS PLEASE!!!

I FORGOT TO PUT THE CONTROLS IN THE FOLDER BEFORE I COMPRESSED IT SORRY. HERE ARE THE CONTROLS.

Blizzard

You can easily extend your plot. I liked how in KoToR 2 there is a slight hint that there is an enemy far greater than the Sith. Too bad they never made KoToR 3. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Like I said I would update it today.

Its not a huge story base thing. Its going to be like a star wars battlefront game sort of. Just without respawning teammates.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

G_G

guess I should've updated it like I said I would. I thought I did until now.  :<_<:

G_G

*bump* DEMO RELEASED! Must sign up to download latest demo though!
http://www.starwarseven.ipbfree.com

Tazero

If you were a fish...

G_G

Hellfire Dragon

February 07, 2009, 12:49:53 pm #8 Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:04:47 pm by Hellfire Dragon
Why is there 2 identical links in the mediafire download? Anyway I'm downloading now ;)

EDIT: Okay I finished the
Quote from: GG's Star Wars GameVery short demo

• Cutscene is spelled wrong, opening text
  • There's no controls pic in folder like it says at the beginning
  • After selecting poeple to be in your party the event for that charcter stays there and you can pick the same person again, ie, have a party of chewbaccas

That's what I found wrong anyway. There's alot of those dudes in white when you walk into that building at the start :O.o: I almost died :( It was alot more fun when I set my party to passive and defensive :) Though I had to get one of them on aggresive to help me with the last guy. Anyway, nice demo :)

G_G

They're called stomtroopers. The idnetical links are one is fixed demo one is bugged. I am going change the Troop Selector Bug soon. What I want to know did u like it at all?

Hellfire Dragon

G_G

Glad you liked it! :)

Anyways I will work on another demo and release it next weekend hopefully.

Starrodkirby86

Suggestion on Selector: After selecting that unit, the event should be transparent or greyed out, to show it's been selected. It's a minor bell and jingle that will seem less confusing...I suppose.

Also, the message cuts off. It's going to removed in the end anyway, so no need to nitpick on it.

Heh it was fun while it lasted. Though I really can't wait for the main stuff.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

Landith

The mission select screen looks really cool  :O.o: :V:

But really I like the new CMS, It looks really cool.

Starrodkirby86

Quote(*)Gaarafan4910(*) says (7:29 PM):
Though it can look better but it goes great atm
(*)Gaarafan4910(*) says (7:29 PM):
the mission select is awesome

I wonder how the system works. I heard the graphics were created by you Landith. They're very impressive, I love it.

(By the way for those ignorant, that's me up there)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

For an eventer like me ( a pretty advnaced one at that) making the mission select was confusing. Not hard but confusing only because some many conditional branches were used and I got mixed up is all. But four of the branches were used to detect the W A S D inputs and then it added or subtracted the variables of the little blue outline of the planet that glows blue. Thats the mission selector. Anyways it subtracts or adds the to the x and y coordinates of the Outline Picture.

Then it detects where to go and its simple. So well it may not be simple to some.

Calintz

You should so a title screen makeover...
The pieces used to make the title are okay, but it could use a lot of work.

Placement problems, emptiness, and average(not great) aesthetics are plaguing your title screen...

Landith

Could you explain what you mean Calintz?
Since I made the title screen I could know how I could improve it

Calintz

The Press Enter text being centered makes everything look off-balanced, because of the two fighters in the bottom right. The title text is cool, but it could use more effects. There is absolutely no graphical modifications made to the space background and so it seems unoriginal...