Star Wars VII: The Sith Returns

Started by G_G, February 01, 2009, 04:37:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

February 01, 2009, 04:37:05 am Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:29:56 pm by game_guy
Basic Info
HERE IS THE AWESOME ANIMATED LOGO YES IT IS ANIMATED AND VERY CRAPPY

Star Wars VII The Sith Returns (yes I know a very cheesy name) is a game made by Game Guy's Projects.

The main reason I'm making this is because I'm getting paid $30.00!
It uses a unique Action Battle System made by the all famous Blizzard!

Star War VII will have quite a few characters. You'll get to choose from the Good Side or Dark Side. Here are the characters so far.
Good Side

• Luke Sky Walker
  • Han Solo
  • Princess Leia
  • Yoda
  • Chewbacca
  • Obi Wan Kenobe
  • Rebel

Dark Side

• Darth Vader
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Sidious
  • A New Sithlord
  • Stormtroopers

Basic Story
A new sith lord (not to be revealed) revives the other Sith Lords and tries to rule the world. The basic evil plot.

Demo
http://www.sendspace.com/file/qsuy5l

Video of Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s-kvjM-n8

FIXED DEMO HAD A FEW MAPPING ISSUES THAT MESSED THE GAME UP

Anyways about the story. Its pretty much the whole plot. Its going to be like a game called Star Wars Battlefront. Its not going ot have respawning teammates but I'll make it almost exactly like it.

THESE CREDITS ARE FOR THE CURRENT DEMO
game_guy - Head Leader of game and making it
Blizzard - Blizz Action Battle System/Force Push Plug In
Aqua - Making me a demo for the force push plug in so I can understand it
Sithjester - Star Wars Characters
Ari Feldman - Spaceship Graphics
Fantasist - Finding Light Saber Sounds
StarrodKirby66 - Helping me fix the site again
Landith - Lightsaber Graphics/New Title Screen Graphic/Planet Graphics/Some Mapping/Animated Arrow Graphic/And More that I cant remember
Susys - Mapping
Greg - Still Paying me 30$

MetaKnight - Yea sorry I'm using a new title screen.

Screenies For All
In Current Demo: ShowHide

Game Play Screenies

Coming Soon Demo: ShowHide

Mission Select

Game Selector

New Troop Selector

Menu System

New Title Screen

SAVE OFTEN
YOU HAVE TO KILL ALL THE ENEMIES BEFORE MOVING ONTO A NEW AREA
WHEN YOU SEE AN R2 UNIT STAND BY IT AND IT WILL GRADUALLY HEAL YOU
POST ANY BUGS PLEASE!!!

I FORGOT TO PUT THE CONTROLS IN THE FOLDER BEFORE I COMPRESSED IT SORRY. HERE ARE THE CONTROLS.

Blizzard

You can easily extend your plot. I liked how in KoToR 2 there is a slight hint that there is an enemy far greater than the Sith. Too bad they never made KoToR 3. :/
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

Like I said I would update it today.

Its not a huge story base thing. Its going to be like a star wars battlefront game sort of. Just without respawning teammates.

Tazero

If you were a fish...

G_G

guess I should've updated it like I said I would. I thought I did until now.  :<_<:

G_G

*bump* DEMO RELEASED! Must sign up to download latest demo though!
http://www.starwarseven.ipbfree.com

Tazero

If you were a fish...

G_G

Hellfire Dragon

February 07, 2009, 12:49:53 pm #8 Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:04:47 pm by Hellfire Dragon
Why is there 2 identical links in the mediafire download? Anyway I'm downloading now ;)

EDIT: Okay I finished the
Quote from: GG's Star Wars GameVery short demo

• Cutscene is spelled wrong, opening text
  • There's no controls pic in folder like it says at the beginning
  • After selecting poeple to be in your party the event for that charcter stays there and you can pick the same person again, ie, have a party of chewbaccas

That's what I found wrong anyway. There's alot of those dudes in white when you walk into that building at the start :O.o: I almost died :( It was alot more fun when I set my party to passive and defensive :) Though I had to get one of them on aggresive to help me with the last guy. Anyway, nice demo :)

G_G

They're called stomtroopers. The idnetical links are one is fixed demo one is bugged. I am going change the Troop Selector Bug soon. What I want to know did u like it at all?

Hellfire Dragon

G_G

Glad you liked it! :)

Anyways I will work on another demo and release it next weekend hopefully.

Starrodkirby86

Suggestion on Selector: After selecting that unit, the event should be transparent or greyed out, to show it's been selected. It's a minor bell and jingle that will seem less confusing...I suppose.

Also, the message cuts off. It's going to removed in the end anyway, so no need to nitpick on it.

Heh it was fun while it lasted. Though I really can't wait for the main stuff.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

Landith

The mission select screen looks really cool  :O.o: :V:

But really I like the new CMS, It looks really cool.

Starrodkirby86

Quote(*)Gaarafan4910(*) says (7:29 PM):
Though it can look better but it goes great atm
(*)Gaarafan4910(*) says (7:29 PM):
the mission select is awesome

I wonder how the system works. I heard the graphics were created by you Landith. They're very impressive, I love it.

(By the way for those ignorant, that's me up there)

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

G_G

For an eventer like me ( a pretty advnaced one at that) making the mission select was confusing. Not hard but confusing only because some many conditional branches were used and I got mixed up is all. But four of the branches were used to detect the W A S D inputs and then it added or subtracted the variables of the little blue outline of the planet that glows blue. Thats the mission selector. Anyways it subtracts or adds the to the x and y coordinates of the Outline Picture.

Then it detects where to go and its simple. So well it may not be simple to some.

Calintz

You should so a title screen makeover...
The pieces used to make the title are okay, but it could use a lot of work.

Placement problems, emptiness, and average(not great) aesthetics are plaguing your title screen...

Landith

Could you explain what you mean Calintz?
Since I made the title screen I could know how I could improve it

Calintz

The Press Enter text being centered makes everything look off-balanced, because of the two fighters in the bottom right. The title text is cool, but it could use more effects. There is absolutely no graphical modifications made to the space background and so it seems unoriginal...

Landith

The press enter Blinks so it won't have that effect. It's Star Wars, even Lucas Arts didn't think it needed to many effects so I think It's good how it is. If I change the background or add anything to it, I would have to change many images because that background is used a lot for the mission select, this one thing(can't say without permission from game_guy), the menu, etc...

I could reduce the text effects and make it look like a normal star wars game but I will wait on game_guy's consent on this.

Calintz

You wouldn't have to change the images at all to edit that...

You could edit the title screen alone, and have it more advanced than the mission selects window. Give it a try, you will see that it won't really make a difference whether they all are the exact same picture or not.

Personally, I wouldn't use the same picture myself...:^_^':

Landith

That's just how game_guy wanted it lol

I'll probably use a new render and add some stars and a few starbursts, maybe even a planet or two with the same lighting, etc...
I just have to wait for game_guy though because I have maps for him and await my next assignment...

Calintz

Good deal...

I see you are just following your instructions, but I just think that space has no limits, and that with the way things have been constructed for this game...you are putting limits on just how versatile space is...

IT'S ENDLESS!!! XD

Landith

It's kinda hard to make an endless space with a 2-D image though :V:

Yeah he logged on to MSN earlier but I had to go as soon as he logged in and I'm still waiting on him to look over the maps and tell me what to do next...
I'm suppose to be making Mission 3 but I don't know what maps to use...  :uhm:

Calintz

...Well I'm sure you are doing all that you can =)

G_G

NEW DEMO OMG PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT AND TRY IT PLEASE AND POST TO SEE IF YOU LIKE IT POST BUGS AND EVERYTHING.

winkio

Ok, played up until halfway through the third mission, here are my observations:

1)  It is nearly impossible for your party to die.  You could fix this by either having less party members, or only having the r2 units give you a numerical amount of health
2)  It gets repetetive quickly.  Add in some skills, or throwing items (grenades and such).
3)  You need more enemies.  I think that there were only two types.  Try and get some more.

Still, its looking pretty good so far :)

G_G

I'll alter the r2 unit later

grenades sound cool.

Have you encountered any bugs yet? How did you like the new mission select and troop select from the last demo?

Also if you would have beaten the third mission you would have faced darth maul

Calintz

I am downloading the DEMO now. I will test her out, and post any problems. It looks good!!

G_G

thnx calintz. Cant wait for your feedback. Be sure to read the huge warnings at the bottom of the first post.

Calintz

Here we go!!

Mission 1.
Very nice. Very well made. Very good at getting the feel for the BABS.

Mission 2.
Could use heavy mapping modifications.

Mission 3. I couldn't get pass the lava river. The party members froze!! When they finally all started moving again, Princess leia was inside chewbaca!! I got knocked into the teleport path, and the game crashed...:^_^':

All of the bosses need to be either stronger, or you need to increase their max HP.

Landith

Yeah, Mission 2 does need some Mapping Improvement, major. I'll get started on that in a little bit after I finish my story for my game (I did the mapping for it but I was in a rush to get finished with it)

I noticed that bug in Mission 3 too, I might have to remove the lava blocking the path to get it to fix the bug...
It took me like 10 minuites from switching players to get luke and Obi Wan too move again...

The first 2 bosses are easy but the third boss, with Darth Maul is harder then the first two.
But of course you couldn't get to the third boss due to that bug...

Calintz

Ahh...well let me know when you have the update. I will be waiting to kick Darth' ass!!

G_G

I'll fix it up calintz no worries I'm on it now

Calintz

G_G

the problems fixed but I will re-release it once landith is done mapping

Shadonking

really nice, i liked playing it.

only one thing i notest is that you dont have running sprites etc.

but apart from that i thought it was well made. the thing that looked great would be the mission and character select.

great work

Creator Of Music And Games
Spoiler: ShowHide
]

keywords: ShowHide
rmxp rmvx blizz-abs rpg maker xp vx abs cbs cms script tons of addons charsets autotiles HUD

come here if you have a ps3
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=1952.0

G_G

February 15, 2009, 05:15:57 pm #38 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:26:58 pm by game_guy
glad you liked it shadon. Yea I know there's not running sprites. I might or might not even include them in the final version.

Calintz the new fixed version is uploading.

New version uploaded now has mapping fixes

Calintz

Good, good, good...
Oh, I don't mean to impose, but the logo and title screens could use some work :(

Landith

I'm working on it Cal...
I have about half of it done...
The Title screen...

Which logo are you refering to?
Game Guy's Projects?
or
Jammpulse Studios?

If it's mine (Jammpulse Studios) then I already have a new logo designed it just needs some finishing touches.
If it's Game Guy's Projects then it's up to game_guy if he wants it changed or not...

Calintz

February 15, 2009, 06:33:02 pm #41 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 06:37:41 pm by Calintz16438
@Landith:
Well...both logos "could" use work, but you guys should definitely make them fade transition from one to the next instead of having them instantly transfer in. I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

STAR WARS:
General:
So, I lost against Darth Maul. I had him and one of his buddies down into red. I killed the other one. Playing your DEMO made me realize that BABS still needs work(no offense Blizzard). I am going to post my opinions on BABS in his thread as soon as I am finished here. These regard to your game too Game_Guy so you might want to check it out.

R2 Unit:
I think that you should limit the amount of HP that the R2unit can restore. I could easily just run around with no regard for safety and never have a problem so long as I ran back to R2. I think you should also make the amount for each interval of cure be random inside some limits. For instance: > 20 but < 50 - "23.. .. ..47.. .. ..31".. .. ..and if the random amount exceeds the heal cap, the healing stops. I don't mean if it exceeds < 50, I mean if it exceeds the limit that R2 can restore.

**The sound effect of healing never quits even after you are fully healed. I think it should.

Mapping:
The mapping for Mission 3was enhanced, but nothing else in the DEMO. Just remember that the woods are of most mapping improvement importance...

**Good job on that cave map. I think all of my problems could have been avoided in the 1st place, had I read the character key and realized that I could just probably have jumped across the gap :^_^':

G_G

Landith said he's working on a new one. Notice by the animated logo it says yea its a crappy animated logo!

Calintz

Haha, I know, but you can never remind one too much!! Don't forget to look at my post Game_Guy for my comments on the R2unit and other things.

G_G

I read them and BABS could use little improvement maybe some new features. But I dont have alot of BABS knowledge. If blizz made a true blizz abs game with the max features it uses CoSLaL EXA then it'd be kick ass. I dont know a whole lot about BABS so but thanks for the comments next demo will have a few ctuscenes hopefully and also have a few more missions and maybe a few for the darkside as well.

Calintz

Okay, well how about my comments on Star Wars??
- What about the tips for R2??

Landith

He will probably create something similar to what you want. This game was made in about 2 weeks though so it will go through a lot of changes by the time it's done.

Calintz

In that case, I will keep playing, and staying interested in all of the upcoming updates.

G_G

Like I said I read the comments. And yes I'll probably make the r2 unit like that. Seeing this game was made in two weeks. I'm proud of myself for it is the first game I've released publically with a demo. I didnt quit and I dont plan on it.

Anyways if you have anymore suggestions post them.

Calintz

I hope you didn't take those comments to heart!!
I understand that you put this together in two weeks, and to tell you the truth. It makes me look sad. I have been working on my game for so long, and I don't even have a real DEMO out yet.

It makes me mad, but at the same time, it inspires me.

G_G

I need those comments so I can fix it. Maybe the reason why you haven't released a real demo yet is because you're probably busier than I am .

Calintz

February 15, 2009, 09:25:52 pm #51 Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 09:27:30 pm by Calintz16438
You can decide for yourself...

Wake up at 6:00am
Go to work by 7:00am
Work until 3:30pm(currently involved in mandatory overtime - **5:30pm)
Come home tired as hell and try to finish or at least add to my workshop requests
Eat dinner
Try to find time to work on my game.

**I can't say I have all the time in the world, but I can honestly say that when it comes to my game. I honestly believe that I slack so much more than I should. I am just so tired after work...

**This is nothing out of the ordinary, I mean Blizzard has a full-time gig, and he does an amazing job producing his games and scripts. Truthfully, my lack of DEMO, can only be explained as my laziness. I am so mad, lol.

G_G

yea you're way busier than I am I am only 13 and only deal with school and homework and chores. Not a whole lot.

G_G

For those hesitating to play it to see whether its good or not, I made a video.

Here it is: Its also in the first post http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4s-kvjM-n8

Calintz

Sally

G_G

Not to necro, but how the fuck is my demo link not dead yet?!

Blizzard

Is this using, like, Blizz-ABS 1.6? xD
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

G_G

October 05, 2012, 07:48:54 am #58 Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:03:05 am by gameus
I think it's using a very early version of 2.x. It has the AI system if I recall. *downloads demo to find out*

EDIT: It's 2.23. If I remember correctly, the story to this didn't make any sense at all.

Hell, I decrypted the fucker. Half the fucking maps/scripts/characters don't make any sense at all. ;~;

EDIT 2: Just played through it. This is so full of lulz. It's gotta be the funnest thing I've ever made though. xD

Landith